Saturday 9/3 Game Discussion | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Saturday 9/3 Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Unless you are a Neilsen household... nobody is reporting what you are watching.
Some of us have little to comfort us except small acts of schadenfreude here and there, and you would take that away from us.

Good day, sir.

(Also - UVA still down 7-16 to Richmond, more for future opponents interest than schadenfreude interest)

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Some of us have little to comfort us except small acts of schadenfreude here and there, and you would take that away from us.

Good day, sir.

(Also - UVA still down 7-16 to Richmond, more for future opponents interest than schadenfreude interest)

I just read here a lot that people think their viewership is being tallied.

Some guy the other day was leaving his TV on while he went to the Rent.....

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Wisconsin 6 LSU 0

SEC West doesn't exactly look terrifying so far..

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
wow - apparently the filter here doesn't like l-i-a-r, so it was cutting off fami-l-i-a-r...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So on-line viewing doesn't push that needle at all?

Television ratings? Television ratings are calculated on only a sample of households.

ESPN I imagine knows how many people watch their app - but they rarely publish anything and don't share that info with anyone as far as i can tell.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Television ratings? Television ratings are calculated on only a sample of households.
Yeah, I guess I knew that. Just thinking, I guess, that Neilson's were never a very good number and probably less so now.
ESPN I imagine knows how many people watch their app - but they rarely publish anything and don't share that info with anyone as far as i can tell.
That data's probably pretty valuable to them, I can see why they wouldn't publicize it. My view's probably skewed as I watch streams almost exclusively. I have access to a slingbox but the watchespn is usually better quality.

Reaction Score
Wash 48 Rutgers 3 early 4th

Conference realignment has been an absolute disaster on the field for every northeast school. Really only Syracuse has remained competitive.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Yeah, I guess I knew that. Just thinking, I guess, that Neilson's were never a very good number and probably less so now.

That data's probably pretty valuable to them, I can see why they wouldn't publicize it. My view's probably skewed as I watch streams almost exclusively. I have access to a slingbox but the watchespn is usually better quality.

Think about all the money that is spent on advertising. Still nobody wants to invest in a better system or a bigger sample. It's an odd dynamic.

Some of the stuff going on is amazing though - the stories about the MTV video award ratings for example. They have lost like half their television viewers in just two years.

jho

Reaction Score
wow - apparently the filter here doesn't like l-i-a-r, so it was cutting off fami-l-i-a-r...
Blame it on the Cesspool, l-i-a-r is used in every other thread over there.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
So LSU isn't very good? or RRPP is not a winning football strategy no matter who you are?

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Think about all the money that is spent on advertising. Still nobody wants to invest in a better system or a bigger sample. It's an odd dynamic.

Some of the stuff going on is amazing though - the stories about the MTV video award ratings for example. They have lost like half their television viewers in just two years.
getting in front of that curve is what I hope the b12 is looking at. if the cable model is getting carriage fees from subscribers that don't watch your games, the better model would be finding the viewers that'll pay more to see what they want; that makes a bigger footprint more attractive.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
getting in front of that curve is what I hope the b12 is looking at. if the cable model is getting carriage fees from subscribers that don't watch your games, the better model would be finding the viewers that'll pay more to see what they want; that makes a bigger footprint more attractive.

The Big 12 couldn't find their rear ends in a dark room. If they solve this problem it would be like Lochte curing Zika.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
So LSU isn't very good? or RRPP is not a winning football strategy no matter who you are?
RRPP looking like a tough recipe to beat Wisconsin with anyway... typed as Fournette finally rips off a gainer.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
30-7 Richmond, 10m left

I don't care how bad we looked Thursday night - we need to beat UVA.

Agreed. Especially given the fact that they'll be coming off of the disappointment of this game, then hitting the west coast for a nighttime showdown with Oregon, and then hitting the road again for UConn. Hopefully they're thoroughly tired and demoralized.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I'm late on this, but I hope everyone else realizes what many of us did a long time ago- Steve Addazio is NOT a good head football coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom