Saturday 9/3 Game Discussion | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Saturday 9/3 Game Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
I know that Don Brown is gone from BC...but i had a Don Brown flashback when GT completed that 4th and 19. That D will stop a team all game...then give up the long 3rd down.

Close it out GT!

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Lol QB scramble and ran into his own man for the tackle but a false start negates 20 yard rush. Then illegal forward pass, loss of down and take last TO to avoid 10 second run off. Followed by another false start! They're really making sure the streak goes on.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
GT absolutely stole that game. Stunner. And the streak continues.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Lol QB scramble and ran into his own man for the tackle but a false start negates 20 yard rush. Then illegal forward pass, loss of down and take last TO to avoid 10 second run off. Followed by another false start! They're really making sure the streak goes on.

We had a similar ending to a game we could have won, but I can't remember it right now.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
How did Towles look?

Honestly, he looked a lot like Shirreffs except he throws a lot of incompletions and interceptions. He's a gamer that shoots himself in the foot quite often.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
12pm:

Oklahoma @ Houston (ABC)
Hawaii @ Michigan (ESPN)
Missouri @ West Virginia (Fox Sports 1)
EKU @ Purdue (ESPN News)
South Alabama @ Mississippi State (SEC Network)
Bowling Green @ Ohio State (Big Ten Network)
Fordham @ Navy (CBSSN)
Western Michigan @ Northwestern (ESPNU)
Howard @ Maryland (Big Ten Network Alt)

Reaction Score
12pm:

Oklahoma @ Houston (ABC)
Hawaii @ Michigan (ESPN)
Missouri @ West Virginia (Fox Sports 1)
EKU @ Purdue (ESPN News)
South Alabama @ Mississippi State (SEC Network)
Bowling Green @ Ohio State (Big Ten Network)
Fordham @ Navy (CBSSN)
Western Michigan @ Northwestern (ESPNU)
Howard @ Maryland (Big Ten Network Alt)

Go Fordham!!

Go Oklahoma!!

Drew

Reaction Score
Oklahoma 7-0... that was fast

Reaction Score
Watching all these teams throwing the ball left and right, it is almost sad how pathetic our offense is. Why can't we just have an offense like this?

Reaction Score
Watching all these teams throwing the ball left and right, it is almost sad how pathetic our offense is. Why can't we just have an offense like this?

It really is difficult to understand why UConn's offense makes it look so hard. The receivers and QBs on the team had to have caught and thrown passes in high school and we're not running an option offense like GT now or Nebraska in the 80's. Sometimes, it seems like they treat the passing like a fad, like they don't want to fully commit to it in case it suddenly goes out of style. The thing is, when they open up the offense like they did on the last 2 drives of the game, good things happen. Maybe they could try doing that in the first quarter.

Reaction Score
Ward, Jr has no chance against Mayfield. OU might obliterate Houston. That can make our Fiesta Bowl loss look better.

Drew

Reaction Score
Catalon for UH is something special. Wish we had a playmaker from the backfield with his combo of shiftiness and size

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score

That was the downside of hiring Diaco. They knew when they hired him he was going to be another RE. Offense is all about not turning the ball over and playing conservatively. Defense is about preventing the big play and not taking risks. Basically....old school boring football. All we can hope for is that they do it well....so that winning is where you get your enjoyment. Right now...they are just doing it ok...which mean struggling to win AND boring football. Not a good combo.

This was my concern when they hired Diaco. I wanted someone who would play a style of football that would appeal to the casual fan not just die hard old schoolers who enjoy dissecting line play. UConn needed to bring back the casual fan.

I think Diaco is a great PR guy...recruits high character kids and runs a clean program. I hope he realizes it's important to give the fans a good show and he allows Verducci to take risks. At this point, it might be more important to be a 6-6 fun to watch team than an 8-4 boring team...as odd as that sounds.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
I refuse to watch Houston. I don't want them to get ratings. Currently watching South Alabama driving on Miss St.

Drew

Reaction Score
this WR Dunbar is a savage for UH

Drew

Reaction Score
I refuse to watch Houston. I don't want them to get ratings. Currently watching South Alabama driving on Miss St.
thats a shame because this game is awesome and highly entertaining

MattMang23

Reaction Score
thats a shame because this game is awesome and highly entertaining

There will be plenty of exciting games this season. Look at the one played Thursday. It was wildly entertaining.

Drew

Reaction Score
WVU already up 10-0 on Mizzou that was the lock of the week

OU 10 UH 6 2nd quarter

Michigan looks dominating already and Ohio State up 21-7 on BGSU

Keep an eye on S Alabama @ Mississippi State. Kicker just clanged a 37 yard field goal off the upright but still only 7-0 Bulldogs in the 2nd quarter

Reaction Score
Houston offense is fun to watch. They are so aggressive and throw over the top regularly. They are also playing at very high tempo.

Drew

Reaction Score
Houston looks every bit as good talent wise and physically as OU does. 13-10 leading OU

Reaction Score
Anyone have a wedding to go to when we play Houston? I need an excuse not to watch. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom