Saturday (3/9) games | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Saturday (3/9) games

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
The Tar Heels brought it on a poor and zion-less Duke team.

Not only that.... our starting center hurt his knee in the opening minutes of the game ...... he didnt return. Those baby blue bastids tarheels cant beat a fully healthy Duke squad... but I digress.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
For those of us rooting for other bubble teams to move or stay ahead of Tennessee, some not-so-good news from the MAC: Buffalo lost at Kent State today. It's not a horrible loss on its own (Kent State is a top 100 team), but Buffalo didn't have much margin for error.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
For those of us rooting for other bubble teams to move or stay ahead of Tennessee, some not-so-good news from the MAC: Buffalo lost at Kent State today. It's not a horrible loss on its own (Kent State is a top 100 team), but Buffalo didn't have much margin for error.

Buffalo Head bang I want to see them in the tournament..... Dillard is a joy to watch.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Buffalo Head bang I want to see them in the tournament..... Dillard is a joy to watch.
I swear they’re so inconsistent it’s maddening. That must be what it feels like to root for Tennessee because they can be all over the place. Head bang

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Wow. Rutgers-Iowa and T A&M-Arkansas are both tightening up down the stretch.

edit--Arkansas has actually gone up 1 and Rutgers sliced a 20 point deficit down to 5

Plebe

Reaction Score
Sabally will be starting, wearing a sleeve on her left elbow. Glad to see it was nothing serious.

Crowd is noticeably larger today than yesterday. The seats behind the baskets are still almost empty, but the sides are quite full, Overwhelmingly green and yellow, but UCLA has some fans are here too.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Rutgers got as close as 3, but their rally falls short. 72-67 Iowa final. Maryland-Iowa is fitting, clearly the 2 best teams in the Big.

Reaction Score
After watching them yesterday, I’m hoping they get into the tournament. Screw Tennessee....Arkansas deserves it. And hope they make a run

Me too

I doubt they beat state tomorrow but still has been a great run for them. Those poor kids legs are probably dead at this point but I hope they have a good showing tomorrow. A lot of respect for those kids and coaches. I just love the chemistry and fight from this team.

Neighbors has done a helluva job. They had a losing season last year, double their conference wins this year, and make it to the SEC Championship as a 10 seed. He did some good stuff at Washington so I am not surprised to see him having success.

Reaction Score
Me too

I doubt they beat state. Those poor kids legs are probably dead at this point but I hope they have a good showing tomorrow. A lot of respect for those kids and coaches. I just love the chemistry and fight from this team.

Neighbors has done a helluva job. They had a losing season last year, double their conference wins this year, and make it to the SEC Championship as a 10 seed. He did some good stuff at Washington so I am not surprised to see him having success.

Yup...give him a great player and he makes magic!!

I doubt they win too. Don’t think they have a body for big T but they deserve the bid.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I was taking a wait and see approach w/ Neighbors. Wasn't sure how much of his success was strictly due to Plum. I think he's proving his coaching chops this year and looks to be building something good in Fayetteville.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oregon 25-21 after Q1. Ducks were up 10 early and looked on the verge of blowing it wide open.

Plebe

Reaction Score
A total of 12 fouls called in the 1st quarter. Onyenwere and Sabally both with 2. Refs calling things pretty tight.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I’m telling ya. At this point no one wants to see UCLA in their bracket. They are for real.

Reaction Score
I’m telling ya. At this point no one wants to see UCLA in their bracket. They are for real.

I don't want UCLA in my bracket either

Luckily we won't have to worry about facing them :rolleyes:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
A shoutout to the FSU fan today..... brought me a nice big chocolate chip cookie from the VIP Hospitality before the start of the second semi-final . I'll definitely be rooting for the Seminoles in the upcoming NCAA tournament :D

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Both teams went cold in Q2. 36-30 at halftime, Oregon leading.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Both teams went cold in Q2. 36-30 at halftime, Oregon leading.
The first quarter felt like this weird combination of frenetic pace and hot shooting and whistles every 25 seconds. Things had to calm down after that.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Onyenwere got hit with 2 early fouls but man did Kennedy Burke pick up the slack, 16 points and 8 rebounds in just the first half. She runs hot and cold but wow when she is on she is a matchup nightmare like Sabally and a better rebounder.

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
I guess I'll watch UCLA-Oregon to the end, but the game so far has been awfully ugly. Haven't seen UCLA play before -- like watching football scrimmage. If Danger shot as many unsuccessful 3s as Ionescu someone would start a What's Wrong with Crystal thread.

Also, I'm getting a headache from the PAC-12 network picture, which looks like they're broadcasting from the 1970s. Can barely identify the players on the floor.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom