Saturday (3/9) games | The Boneyard

Saturday (3/9) games

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
ACC semifinals (on ESPNU)
Notre Dame (1) vs. Syracuse (5) (12pm ET)
Louisville (2) vs. NC State (3) (2:30pm)

SEC semifinals (on ESPNU)
Mississippi St (1) vs. Missouri (5) (5pm ET)
Texas A&M (3) vs. Arkansas (10) (7:30pm)

Big Ten semifinals (on BTN)
Maryland (1) vs. Michigan (4) (5pm ET)
Iowa (2) vs. Rutgers (3) (7:25pm)

Pac-12 semifinals (on P12N)
Oregon (1) vs. UCLA (4) (9pm ET)
Stanford (2) vs. Washington (11) (11:30pm)

AAC quarterfinals (on ESPN3)
Houston (4) vs. USF (5) (12pm ET)
UConn (1) vs. ECU (8) (2pm)
UCF (2) vs. Tulsa (7) (6pm)
Cincinnati (3) vs. Memphis (11) (8pm)

Big 12 quarterfinals (on FSN)
Kansas St (4) vs. West Virginia (5) (12pm ET)
Baylor (1) vs. Texas Tech (9) (2:30pm)
Iowa St (2) vs. Kansas (10) (7pm)
Texas (3) vs. TCU (6) (9:30pm)

Other conference tournaments
A-10 semifinals (on CBSSN): VCU (1) vs. Dayton (4) (11am ET); Fordham (2) vs. Duquesne (3) (1:30pm)
Big East first round: Seton Hall (8) vs. St. John's (9) (3pm ET), Providence (7) vs. Xavier (10) (5:30pm)
In quarterfinal action: MAAC, WCC, Summit

Last edited:

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

A-10 semifinals (on CBSSN): VCU (1) vs. Dayton (4) (11am ET); Fordham (2) vs. Duquesne (3) (1:30pm)
Big East first round: Seton Hall (8) vs. St. John's (9) (3pm ET), Providence (7) vs. Xavier (10) (5:30pm)

Thanks again for compiling the schedules and giving WCBB fans a common thread to get together on. I'll be otherwise entertained :rolleyes: from noon to 2 p.m., but will drop in afterwards. Happy hooping, all!

Reaction Score
The most intriguing game of the day from my point of view is the UCLA Oregon game. As I've said over the past couple of weeks UCLA is the hottest team in the Pac-12. They blasted out yesterday against the ASU lady devils and had a lead of as much as 14 points through the first and second quarters. They withstood a furious comeback by the Lady Devils who narrowed the lead to one point at the end of the third quarter and finished the Sun Devils off with a fine fourth quarter. UCLA has a tremendous point guard in Dean as well as height and amazing offensive rebounding. This will be a delightful game to watch in my view.

The latest bracketology has ASU playing Tennessee in the first round. ASU played Tennessee in the tournament several years ago as a higher seed and lost as Diamond DeShields had a monster game. Not looking forward to playing the Vols again in spite of the difficulties they've had this year if that matchup holds up.

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
The most intriguing game of the day from my point of view is the UCLA Oregon game. As I've said over the past couple of weeks UCLA is the hottest team in the Pac-12. They blasted out yesterday against the ASU lady devils and had a lead of as much as 14 points through the first and second quarters. They withstood a furious comeback by the Lady Devils who narrowed the lead to one point at the end of the third quarter and finished the Sun Devils off with a fine fourth quarter. UCLA has a tremendous point guard in Dean as well as height and amazing offensive rebounding. This will be a delightful game to watch in my view.

The latest bracketology has ASU playing Tennessee in the first round. ASU played Tennessee in the tournament several years ago as a higher seed and lost as Diamond DeShields had a monster game. Not looking forward to playing the Vols again in spite of the difficulties they've had this year if that matchup holds up.
I agree. UCLA took it to Oregon at Oregon and came away with a 5-point victory after being down 22 points early in the third quarter. The Ducks will surely want revenge, and they have Hebert back for this game after she was out for their last tussle, but I do think UCLA is going to keep it close and will not be an easy out.

And yeah, if it's ASU vs. Lady Vols in the first round, I don't envy either team - that's a tough matchup and could easily have been an Elite Eight game when the season started.

Reaction Score
I agree. UCLA took it to Oregon at Oregon and came away with a 5-point victory after being down 22 points early in the third quarter. The Ducks will surely want revenge, and they have Hebert back for this game after she was out for their last tussle, but I do think UCLA is going to keep it close and will not be an easy out.

And yeah, if it's ASU vs. Lady Vols in the first round, I don't envy either team - that's a tough matchup and could easily have been an Elite Eight game when the season started.
Elite Eight? Not seeing that. I mean mathematically a 3 vs 5 in the E8 could have happened - which is where I think they would have been when the season started - but I don’t think that’s frequent enough to count as “easily”.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score

Good job, Plebe.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Settled into my seat looking forward to a pair of good games. Was hoping to see Miami vs ND... But perhaps Syracuse can play better than they did in the previous nd match up.

Hopefully my FSU neighbor brings me another scone :p

Plebe

Reaction Score
People who want to see Tennessee *not* make the tournament should root for the following to happen today:

-- Other bubble teams to do well:
  • A win by West Virginia over Kansas St
  • A win by TCU over Texas
  • A win by UCF over Tulsa
  • Wins by Buffalo and Ohio (still finishing MAC regular season play)
-- Bid theft:
  • Wins by Arkansas and Washington (followed by wins tomorrow)
  • Losses by South Dakota and South Dakota St in the Summit League quarterfinals

Reaction Score
People who want to see Tennessee *not* make the tournament should root for the following to happen today:

-- Other bubble teams to do well:
  • A win by West Virginia over Kansas St
  • A win by TCU over Texas
  • A win by UCF over Tulsa
  • Wins by Buffalo and Ohio (still finishing MAC regular season play)
-- Bid theft:
  • Wins by Arkansas and Washington (followed by wins tomorrow)
  • Losses by South Dakota and South Dakota St in the Summit League quarterfinals
I’m guessing the UConn fans don’t want Tenn out badly enough to want some other AAC team to get the auto-bid.;)

But I wonder what the reaction from LV fans would be.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
The A-10 games appear to be on CBSSN, at least the 11AM game is on.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score

Graves was really unhappy with how Oregon played yesterday so that may also add some fuel to (their) fire:

2019 Pac-12 Women's Basketball Tournament: Kelly Graves seeking improvement in Las Vegas: 'We have to get a little bit tougher'

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Syracuse coming out hot against Notre Dame...back-to-back THREEs.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Doesn't look like Syracuse will give ND a game. ND is getting open looks with ease.

I think for most teams to beat ND, you have to slow the ball down. Most teams will not be able to run with Notre Dame. They have too many weapons. Slow the ball down, you limit what Arike can do.

Plebe

Reaction Score
The Notre Dame offense is really humming. Syracuse's style plays right into their hands.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
I have never seen a more satisfying unopposed missed layup than the one Arike just totally flubbed. Maybe they will show that 24 hours a day on ESPN rather than replay the make from last year? ;)

Reaction Score
Syracuse inside game is non-existent on both ends. Also don’t understand why they aren’t trying to slow the pace down more. They can’t run with the Irish.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
@LETTERL One of the Florida State fans was still a bit upset about the results last night. Complained that she is ok with a loss, but not when the refs stole it from them :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I’m guessing the UConn fans don’t want Tenn out badly enough to want some other AAC team to get the auto-bid.;)

But I wonder what the reaction from LV fans would be.
Hmmmmm... Would a cheap, no-KLS AAC finals loss guarantee TN would miss the tourney for the first time ever? (Yes, I hate Tennessee that much :cool: )

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I'm not sure if there is a more entertaining coach to watch on the sidelines in WCBB than Hillsman of Syracuse :p

Plebe

Reaction Score
Hmmmmm... Would a cheap, no-KLS AAC finals loss guarantee TN would miss the tourney for the first time ever? (Yes, I hate Tennessee that much :cool: )
There are few guarantees in life, my friend. :D

Seriously, if that loss is to UCF it would make no difference, because UCF is almost definitely an at-large team as long as they reach the final.

If any team other than UConn or UCF ends up winning the tournament, then it will certainly help :cool:

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Watching S Florida & Houston on ESPN3. Announcers are Sam Gore and Blair Schaefer (spelling?) former Miss State guard & daughter of the coach. She's pretty good.

FSU seems to have pulled away in the 3rd Q. They were trailing 33 34 at the half. Now 54-40 end of 3Q.

Houston coach Ron Hughly says he was on an elevator at Mohegan Sun and someone asked him if he was Mike Tyson.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There are few guarantees in life, my friend. :D

Seriously, if that loss is to UCF it would make no difference, because UCF is almost definitely an at-large team as long as they reach the final.

If any team other than UConn or UCF ends up winning the tournament, then it will certainly help :cool:
Good point. If UCF lost to someone other than UConn in the final, does the AAC get 3 bids?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom