Sarah Strong decision will be in a week it sounds like [merged thread] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sarah Strong decision will be in a week it sounds like [merged thread]

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
She also said Breanna Stewart was her favorite pro player to watch and who she wanted to emulate.

Doesn’t mean anything I suppose.
I recommend that she start that emulation with signing the commitment letter on hood of her parents car, and follow it up with a MOP in Tampa wearing white red and national flag blue.

Reaction Score
I think UConn should have Allie Ziebell room with a certain with Ms. Shade next season............Ashlyn will have her up bright and early every morning to hit the gym.........;)
You made a key point that I hope everyone realizes... that Uconn team fitness this year is unique, and whether out of desire or despair, it has to be one of the major factors in their success in reaching the final four. With 3 super fit starters returning and 5 coming out of months of rehab and conditioning to set an example of tough grit, the newcomers must see already what they need to do to compete. What a nice problem to have!

Reaction Score
Where Sarah decides to go is all conjecture and it appears that that question will be definitely decided fairly soon. In the mean time we can conjecture.

If the most important consideration is the best program (chance to get into a final four or win it all, program culture or whatever) that is close to home then UConn is out of it and life goes on. If the most important considerations are great culture and best chance to be in final fours and win championships, then UConn should have the advantage. Sarah should be impressed that UConn got at the very least into the final four with two freshman starters and no bench to speak of. She can play on a team with Paige. She can see the talent coming back from injuries and the talent of the incoming freshmen. Face it, UConn should be a monster of a team next year and among a very few teams that are preseason favorites to make it to a championship game. Neither Duke or Carolina are on that list. Her choice, home cooking or flashy rings.
Sarah said ALL three were close to home, depending on the definition of close. So you have to wonder why would she make that distinction?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
While we don’t know how much weight Strong puts on the various factors that will ultimately result in her decision where she goes to college, there are a couple of more recent factors that I hope she considers. The first is to look at the steady development of Ice, a player with similar size and skills. Strong is a competitor who wants to get better. UConn has a long established history of getting the very best out of their players.

The second factor is embodied in the wonderful celebration by the UConn players on the court following their tremendous victory over USC on Monday. The Huskies showed their exuberance as well as their love for each other. Anyone who’s ever won a championship, at any level, understands the pure joy it brings along with the memories that last for a lifetime. I have to believe that’s something Strong wants to be a part of.

Reaction Score
Where Sarah decides to go is all conjecture and it appears that that question will be definitely decided fairly soon. In the mean time we can conjecture.

If the most important consideration is the best program (chance to get into a final four or win it all, program culture or whatever) that is close to home then UConn is out of it and life goes on. If the most important considerations are great culture and best chance to be in final fours and win championships, then UConn should have the advantage. Sarah should be impressed that UConn got at the very least into the final four with two freshman starters and no bench to speak of. She can play on a team with Paige. She can see the talent coming back from injuries and the talent of the incoming freshmen. Face it, UConn should be a monster of a team next year and among a very few teams that are preseason favorites to make it to a championship game. Neither Duke or Carolina are on that list. Her choice, home cooking or flashy rings.
Continuing with conjecturing, besides the other things mentioned (getting to the FF, culture etc) it could also be that she wants to see what the coaching picture will be like over the next four or at a minimum two years. Will Geno and CD be around for four years or at a minimum after 2025/26? If not, who will be the replacements?

Reaction Score
While we don’t know how much weight Strong puts on the various factors that will ultimately result in her decision where she goes to college, there are a couple of more recent factors that I hope she considers. The first is to look at the steady development of Ice, a player with similar size and skills. Strong is a competitor who wants to get better. UConn has a long established history of getting the very best out of their players.

The second factor is embodied in the wonderful celebration by the UConn players on the court following their tremendous victory over USC on Monday. The Huskies showed their exuberance as well as their love for each other. Anyone who’s ever won a championship, at any level, understands the pure joy it brings along with the memories that last for a lifetime. I have to believe that’s something Strong wants to be a part of.
I'm certainly biased but I doubt there's a team that has a better family atmosphere than UConn WBB............if Strong's preference is to play for a great coach and have an excellent chance to reach a final four year after year then UConn is her best choice......if she wants to be prepared for a long career in the WNBA and in Europe then UConn is her best choice.............but if her need to stay close to home is her priority need then it's not going to be UConn...............the big orange ball is in her court..........

Jim

Reaction Score
After watching the interview Sarah did with Flagg, I got the impression that this was a kid that wanted to go to a particular school but her parents want her to go to a different one. My read on this (and I hope I am wrong) is that parents want UConn or Duke, while she wants to go to UNC. In any event, in another week or so we will all find out.

Reaction Score
After watching the interview Sarah did with Flagg, I got the impression that this was a kid that wanted to go to a particular school but her parents want her to go to a different one. My read on this (and I hope I am wrong) is that parents want UConn or Duke, while she wants to go to UNC. In any event, in another week or so we will all find out.
Hope she makes her decision shortly. Geno has at least one scholarship to give, and if it's not going to Strong, then there are some good proven players that we know can make an impact at this level already in the portal that won't be there for long.

Reaction Score
Sounds like she let slip that playing close to home was the most important factor...aka Duke. However, if Kara does leave for Tennessee that would change things. Also, Cooper pitching the Krazies experience is not the same for the women's games at Duke imo.

Either way we will be fine and I am just glad its not SC or LSU (mostly LSU).

Reaction Score
I feel this is getting crazy, reminded me of the player who ultimately chose Tennessee a dozen of years ago.. what’s her name again? I like the no fanfare , signing the letter on the truck hood.

Reaction Score
This reminds me of the atmosphere when Sabrina didn't declare until late in the Spring signing period.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
This reminds me of the atmosphere when Sabrina didn't declare until late in the Spring signing period.
Actually, as I recall, Sabrina didn't declare until August -- but it was no drama for UConn fans because Storrs was never on her radar.

However, A'ja Wilson was a different case. She didn't choose between UConn and South Carolina until the spring signing period, and UConn fans only learned her decision when Geno was asked about it during a National Championship parade in Hartford, and said that UConn wasn't going to get her.

Reaction Score
Sounds like she let slip that playing close to home was the most important factor...aka Duke. However, if Kara does leave for Tennessee that would change things. Also, Cooper pitching the Krazies experience is not the same for the women's games at Duke imo.

Either way we will be fine and I am just glad its not SC or LSU (mostly LSU).
If you follow recruiting especially football they intentionally slip up to troll certain fan bases not saying SS is doing that .. especially the dream school comments

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Well I hope she goes where SHE wants to go. If a player goes somewhere because that's what their parents want, even if it's UCONN, things usually don't work out so well.

I think we want players that are "all in" on UCONN.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom