Sanogo out | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Sanogo out

Reaction Score
The starters will be, I think, Cole-Hawkins-Jackson-Polley-Whaley. And I'm hoping Diggins and Johnson get more than a cameo. They need some first half time, and not only with other backups
Polley will have to step in up on the boards and be better than a marginal defender. Hurley can't just play 5 all game, so yes, Diggins and Johnson will have to get time, and maybe Springs too.

Reaction Score
Maybe Danny will actually start pressing now like said. This will allow us to play though other players and not have a black hole on the interior.

Kids will need to develop some toughness. I like when Danny has to get outside of his comfort zone. It’s good for him as a coach.

Speedy recovery adama!
I think he has to. Going to have to live with the mistakes of pressing running more but without Sanogo and Martin the halfcourt offense is going to be rough in terms of generating easy buckets. Need to find a way to get the athletes out on the break and get more easy buckets.

Reaction Score
Cole has the weight of the world on his shoulders.
What concerns me is they try to replace a lot of Sanogos production through Cole. Cole is playing great right now and playing efficiently, his usage and overall numbers are right where you’d want them to be. My hope is the staff keeps him around his current usage and shot rates, you don’t want him all of the sudden shooting it 6-8 times more per game, that’s not going to help. Need to get more production from Whaley, Polley, Hawkins, and Akok. Cole just needs to keep doing what he’s been doing.

Mike Honcho

HU5KIES!
Reaction Score
Geezus, the injuries with this team the past 7 years is just insane. Hurley will be forced to play Samson and Diggins now, maybe Springs too.

Injury plagued every single season. SMH.
  • Terry Larrier's ACL,
  • Alterrique's shoulder,
  • Tyler Polley's ACL,
  • Jalen Adams' MCL,
  • Bouknight's elbow,
  • Akok's achilles,
  • Martin's wrist,
  • Sanogo's abs...
What am I missing?

Reaction Score
Don’t get me wrong, this sucks.

That being said, one of the main ranting points of the last 2 weeks has been the detrimental effects of the “Sanogo Black Hole” on our offensive flow.

I look at this as an opportunity to most likely see BETTER offensive flow, perhaps shake us out of our funk of the last few games.

Reaction Score
This is why it sucks Hurley slow plays it with the freshmen. Now they will be thrown into big minutes having not already played against any real competition.
Lol These guys came from some of the top HS and AAU teams in the country. They've played real competition since they were freshmen and sophomores in HS. They ain't scared. Trust me.

Reaction Score
1yv7ty.jpg
You've got us confused with Kansas, Arizona, LSU and Auburn....

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Polley will have to step in up on the boards and be better than a marginal defender. Hurley can't just play 5 all game, so yes, Diggins and Johnson will have to get time, and maybe Springs too.
Jackson and Whaley are excellent on the boards. Having Cole-Hawkins-Polley on the floor improves the offense with 3 shooters to spread the floor. Then maybe Jackson, Hawkins and Cole will have driving lanes.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Adversity builds character. With luck, this will make us a better team. Just hope the lessons are not too painful.
Said differently character is what you show when things are going wrong. Now is the time for our reserves to step up and show their character. Nobody wants to see a teammate hurt, but this is a big opportunity for them. Are the best thing they can do is play with intensity. They will make mistakes, but learn from them and move on.

Reaction Score
In hindsight, putting Sanogo back into the game when he was obviously dealing with something and not having his best game was the wrong decision, could have worsened his injury.

Either way, it sucks, but now we gotta deal with it. I may be in the minority but I wanna see what Springs can do, just to see if he can hang for short stretches. He’s obviously a very good rebounder, so hopefully he gets a little run.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Call me crazy, but a 2-3 or 1-3-1 zone with Whaley, Akok, Jackson, Martin, and Gaffney/Cole would interrupt a lot of passing lanes.
ya know, this is a really good point, ie, the possible necessity for us to play some zone. i think coach's focus thus far on man is the right thinking, but like ol iron mike sez, 'everrone has a plan until they get punched in the face.'
looks like we got clocked, time to adjust. capital idea. bully.

Reaction Score
Wow it's a good thing we reeled in Sonogo at the last minute away from Seton Hall, otherwise we wouldn't have been able to field a team.

Remember the celebrations when we got commitments from guys like Akok, Hawkins, Diggens, Johnson and even Gaffney? Rejoice they can actually play now.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Lol I forgot about Bouknight’s elbow. What a joke.

Reaction Score
Well people are gonna get their wish of more minutes for Akok and the freshman. Hope Akok shows more than he has so far this season, if he does we'll be fine
Akok doesnt need more minutes he needs more skills..ballhandling to start..

Reaction Score
  • Terry Larrier's ACL,
  • Alterrique's shoulder,
  • Tyler Polley's ACL,
  • Jalen Adams' MCL,
  • Bouknight's elbow,
  • Akok's achilles,
  • Martin's wrist,
  • Sanogo's abs...
What am I missing?
didn't jackson also break his wrist or something last year? went a little under the radar compared with the bouknight injury, but you could argue that missing those games may have really stifled his development.

also the rj cole concussion last year...

Reaction Score
Just judging by the injury and way it’s being communicated, doesn’t seem like this is a 2 week thing. Would think it’s quite a bit longer… stay afloat, get Martin back as quickly as possible and go from there. Losing Sanogo hurts but I think they can be alright once they get Martin back. Martin gives them some positional flexibility and he’s so important to this team. Whaley playing at the 5 should help, just going to struggle against teams with a traditional 5. Keep him out of foul trouble and throw springs in there at the 5 to spell Whaley. Time for everyone to step up and change the way they play a bit.
Getting a good shot is gonna be biggest problem

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom