Sanogo Okafor Comparison At This Stage | The Boneyard

Sanogo Okafor Comparison At This Stage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Okafor was great, but Sanogo appears to have the potential to be even better.

Reaction Score
Okafor was great, but Sanogo appears to have the potential to be even better.

That’s a brutal take. Emeka was NBA rookie of the year, first team All American his junior year, NCAA champion and most outstanding player in the tournament, 2X national defensive player of the year. Sanogo hasn’t scored over 8 points vs Hartford and Central. Love your optimism, but pump the breaks. I don’t see that.

Reaction Score
Each had/have talent in their own way.. Don't know if AS will ever have the vertical jumping ability of Mek.. But smart players play to their strengths and limit exposing their weaknesses.. AS is a space- eater with his size.. Uses his body well..

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Sanogo appears to be on a path to be a more skilled scorer (more moves, better touch), but he doesn't have the length and athleticism of Okafor.

I feel like Dejuan Blair/Adrien is a better analogy for his game.

Last edited:

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Okafor was the best collegiate player this program has ever had.
.animated_1606661352564_124033974296797(1).gif

Reaction Score
Although listed at 6-9, Sanogo is definitely shorter than Polley and barely taller than Jackson when standing side by side on the court. Probably 6-7 plus. He hasn't the height of a true center and, when combined with limited leaping ability, you have the reason for his contributing so little rim protection in the first two games. He's not going to be a shot blocker, so he will never challenge Okafor defensively. Offensively, he's has to be tested against a true big-time front line, but I have a suspicion he will always find a way to bulk his way to the basket. I think he'll eventually be every bit Okafor's match offensively.

Reaction Score
Through two games, he definitely has similar tendencies to guys like Jeff Adrien, Alex Oriakhi and Shonn Miller.

That said, he has one block on the season. An Emeka comparison is simply not there...yet.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
That used to be true, but now I think Kemba is his equal. Both were the best players in the country their junior year and both led their team to a championship.
And yet, only Okafor was named Conference Player of the Year, and neither was judged NCAA Player if the Year :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom