Sanogo/Martin Update | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sanogo/Martin Update

Reaction Score
A guy who wanted to be at his best for pre-draft workouts has the surgery when he did to clean up what they found when they examined the hyperextension. I don’t fault him for that, but it was a different course than a player in another position could have taken.
i dont think he was exactly team oriented. i also think he left to the pros a year too early

Reaction Score
The original prognosis for Tyrese was 2 to 4 weeks. The Bona game puts it just under that, the PC game falls right in the middle. The nature of Sanogo’s injury makes predictions a little less clear. Tyrese’s is more similar to Jordan’s ankle injury, in that the course of recovery js fairly straightforward. And, in the best way, neither can be trusted! They’d be out there tonight if given the choice.
Thx. Big issue IMO is limiting the risk for ongoing injury or making it worse. It’s ok to come back in the early side if it’s just a tolerance issue with no risk of prolonging injury

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I don't expect to see either in Newark if we win tonight. If we lose tonight, I don't want to be the one telling Tyrese Martin he can't play.
Betting we see Martin on Saturday now.

Reaction Score
Yeah let’s rush one of our most important players back, that always turns out well
Rush back? It’s a wrist injury. Playing a lot of minutes is not going to re-aggravate his wrist. It’s not as if it’s a lower body injury. If his wrist is healed and he’s cleared to play, he should slide back into his role

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
So they're both "ahead of schedule". I suppose that's great news, but does anyone really know what their schedule is?

Reaction Score
Rush back? It’s a wrist injury. Playing a lot of minutes is not going to re-aggravate his wrist. It’s not as if it’s a lower body injury. If his wrist is healed and he’s cleared to play, he should slide back into his role
Soft cast necessarily means it’s unstable

Basketball is almost as much about falling safely as it it jumping. Would you say it’d be okay for him to go snowboarding? “Upper body” matters.

I get that it’s a nationally televised OOC game but this is kinda rash

And “starting” often implies heavy minutes so if I misinterpreted that okay

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Whatever your feelings about it, I suspect that Martin will play significant minutes today, so I suggest that people start accepting that reality.

He played two games on it after he injured it. So I wouldn’t be surprised at all.

Reaction Score
Soft cast necessarily means it’s unstable

Basketball is almost as much about falling safely as it it jumping. Would you say it’d be okay for him to go snowboarding? “Upper body” matters.

I get that it’s a nationally televised OOC game but this is kinda rash

And “starting” often implies heavy minutes so if I misinterpreted that okay
If he’s cleared to play that means it’s healed. That’s not hard. He could play 1 minute and fall on it wrong. If he’s cleared play he cleared to play.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom