Samson Johnson why not? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Samson Johnson why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You should apologize for not understanding that it’s unrealistic to compare Hurley to Wright, who’s vastly for experienced. Of course he’s a better coach. It’s just your pathetic attempt to take cheap shots at an up and coming coach who’s turned our team around, in Hurley.
Hurley has done a fine job this year. Most everyone in the program has. The winning % has increased every year under Hurley. What's not to like?

Reaction Score
Granted the freshman may have done better if just one was in with the rest of the core especially with Cole but each time they play they underwhelm yet some keep calling for them to play more. I really want Diggins to be our future point but he's got such a long way to go. I would have liked to see Johnson in when we were up big and Sanogo and Whaley were both on the bench but Akok needs minutes also. The bench created a lot of UConn haters today. All the ones who gave the points

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The last time we were in a blowout Diggins played. You don't just throw them in for sh(2ts and giggles every game. It is mind boggling some of the opinions on running a team.
I'm not saying we'd be a better team if we gave them minutes in the non conference. My point is they would objectively be more prepared right now if they had played more in the non conference. Can't believe this is a debate.

Reaction Score
I just hope the Freshmen stick it out until they get a chance it’s hard being on a deep team esp w the extra Covid year

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
You have to win games and you have to develop a core of 8-9 players. You need to play the main players minutes together. Random two minutes here or there of a kid who isn't ready isn't good for the development of the team.

I think today would have been a game to get him some minutes alongside Cole or Jackson maybe, but you're essentially asking for something that no one does.
Totally agree and those 8-9 need as many reps as they can get

Reaction Score
I'm not saying we'd be a better team if we gave them minutes in the non conference. My point is they would objectively be more prepared right now if they had played more in the non conference. Can't believe this is a debate.
I don't think anyone is debating that part, they'd be a lot more prepared with more minutes. But there's a finite number of minutes available and there's already a squeeze for minutes with the top 8-9 guys. And given the results with those guys it's hard to argue with the choice

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I don't think anyone is debating that part, they'd be a lot more prepared with more minutes. But there's a finite number of minutes available and there's already a squeeze for minutes with the top 8-9 guys. And given the results with those guys it's hard to argue with the choice
I think you could argue we might be even better if Sool had been given enough chance to overtake Gaffney, and Samson maybe for Akok. But I won’t argue with results, since it does seem the guys we went with will lead us to a strong finish.

Reaction Score
I think you could argue we might be even better if Sool had been given enough chance to overtake Gaffney, and Samson maybe for Akok. But I won’t argue with results, since it does seem the guys we went with will lead us to a strong finish.
I guess. But we're talking about another 20-30 minutes they would have gotten against Central Connecticut and Hartford. If they haven't earned those minutes going up against Gaffney and Akok every day in practice is there any reason to think they suddenly would have with minutes against the worst teams on the schedule? I find that hard to believe.

More prepared in the case of an injury where they have to play, I can get on board with. Even if I think the options were weighed and they prioritized minutes close to ideal. But I don't think those cupcake games are the reason they're not regular rotation players.

Reaction Score
Don’t mind the amount of playing time these guys have gotten, but do wish when they’d get in there, there would be some veteran leadership on the floor.

Would have loved RJ or someone giving some in the moment coaching to Diggins after that first turn over when they huddled up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thebug23

Top Bottom