Samson Johnson why not? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Samson Johnson why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If you play them throughout the season in our blowout wins, they don’t look this. Maybe the should’ve listened
You have to win games and you have to develop a core of 8-9 players. You need to play the main players minutes together. Random two minutes here or there of a kid who isn't ready isn't good for the development of the team.

I think today would have been a game to get him some minutes alongside Cole or Jackson maybe, but you're essentially asking for something that no one does.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
You have to win games and you have to develop a core of 8-9 players. You need to play the main players minutes together.

I think today would have been a game to get him some minutes alongside Cole or Jackson maybe, but you're essentially asking for something that no one does.
Right. If you’re going to play him you don’t play him with the group that he played with. But he could’ve gotten several a minutes a game throughout the season

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
You have to win games and you have to develop a core of 8-9 players. You need to play the main players minutes together. Random two minutes here or there of a kid who isn't ready isn't good for the development of the team.

Finally someone with some common sense!

Reaction Score
Anyone else screaming for those guys off the bench?

Hurley may have to hide from the people who had money on UConn!
I had money on G'Town +11 and had figuratively lit the betting ticket on fire. lol

Reaction Score
Right. If you’re going to play him you don’t play him with the group that he played with. But he could’ve gotten several a minutes a game throughout the season
I don't think that's the right call if you aren't going to play them in big minutes in the post-season. The schedule isn't easy and you can't be worried one of the guys on the court isn't up to snuff yet.

Reaction Score
Couldn't make it 5 minutes
I hope Hurley tears them a new one about that defensive effort. Realistically, there was close to zero percent chance of losing this game considering the talent disparity but that was a whole lot of ole defense. Do that on the road against Creighton- even without their starting PG- and that losing streak is going to extend to 5.

Reaction Score
I hope Hurley tears them a new one about that defensive effort. Realistically, there was close to zero percent chance of losing this game considering the talent disparity but that was a whole lot of ole defense. Do that on the road against Creighton- even without their starting PG- and that losing streak is going to extend to 5.
Who? They played great defense and were up 81-59 with 2:45 left in the game.

It only collapsed as we pulled our starters out and Georgetown was still going full bore (not that I blame them—they competed to the end as they should have).

And the freshmen were clearly a bit panicked. Yelling at them isn't the play. They need to feel better and be built up.

Reaction Score
I don't think that's the right call if you aren't going to play them in big minutes in the post-season. The schedule isn't easy and you can't be worried one of the guys on the court isn't up to snuff yet.
Someone like him is gonna find something to complain about no matter what, it's not even worth discussing. If Diggins was playing he'd just find a new horse to beat until it was dead

Reaction Score
Since they dribbled? Do they not practice?
There's something different about a road crowd. But yeah, they play against our starters who are clearly much much better than the people pressing them.

Reaction Score
Who? They played great defense and were up 81-59 with 2:45 left in the game.

It only collapsed as we pulled our starters out and Georgetown was still going full bore (not that I blame them—they competed to the end as they should have).

And the freshmen were clearly a bit panicked. Yelling at them isn't the play. They need to feel better and be built up.
Not talking about the freshman. Two fouls by Jackson in 30 seconds, two fouls by Polley in 15 seconds? This is basically a glorified exhibition game but that crap needs to get cleaned up against the big boys.

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
Surprised people don’t think playing time earlier wouldn’t have the freshmen better equipped for right now. You’re seeing the benefit with Hawkins already.
Because he’s at a different level coming in. Oh boy these takes. Wow

Reaction Score
Diggins was lost. It had nothing to do with dribbling or physical skills. He just ran around, put himself in trouble and had no understanding of the situation. His problems were from the neck up.

Reaction Score
Surprised people don’t think playing time earlier wouldn’t have the freshmen better equipped for right now. You’re seeing the benefit with Hawkins already.
The last time we were in a blowout Diggins played. You don't just throw them in for sh(2ts and giggles every game. It is mind boggling some of the opinions on running a team.

Reaction Score
The last time we were in a blowout Diggins played. You don't just throw them in for sh(2ts and giggles every game. It is mind boggling some of the opinions on running a team.
Right. The time to get them minutes was against the sub-300 teams earlier in the season. But this team also needed to build some chemistry with themselves given the injuries, new faces, and losses from last year's team.

UConn is 21-7 after losing a lottery pick and despite three of its starters—sometimes 2/3 simultaneously—missing key games. That's pretty impressive to me and pretty hard to criticize.

Reaction Score
Eh. Coming off a huge emotional high, they played 15 minutes with intensity to end the 1st half and otherwise coasted. I'm sure not what Hurley wanted but fairly predictable given the situation. I'm not worried they won't play hard in Nebraska. I'd be more worried about IW's wrist, Hawkins not being concussed and Sanogo being smarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thebug23

Top Bottom