Samson Johnson why not? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Samson Johnson why not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So you're not performing in practice and the coach elevates you because of what, potential?
Where have you ever seen potential getting significant playing time over earning it? It doesn't and should never work that way. It embitters those that deserve the PT, increases the chance of losing and most likely shakes the confidence of the elevated player who will abundantly fail.
Playing kids in games before they are ready is a recipe for failure, not growth. Spoon-feeding is a ready excuse for a fan who has never coached a team.
Kids learn by practicing and become better performers over time, not because they've been fed to the wolves.

Reaction Score
Wright is in his 60s. He didn’t get to where he is overnight.
remember all of the years he used get top 25 mcd‘s burger boys and never got past the sweet 16. he finally figured out a way to get kids who fit his system and didn’t have to be 5*. I see a similar formula @ Baylor now.

Reaction Score
Bump. Free Samson! Hope he gets some meaningful minutes in the second half with Sanogo in foul trouble.
The way this is going, if there isn't 5+ minutes of extended garbage time to get him, Gaff, and Diggins some reps at the tail end of this one, something's gone very wrong. The Hoyas literally do not know how to play defense.

Reaction Score
Sorry if using a current, real world example burst your bubble. Jay Wright owned Hurley yesterday. Hurley is a solid program coach, suspect game day coach, and usually winds up on the wrong side of close games. Sorry if you can't handle reality.
You should apologize for not understanding that it’s unrealistic to compare Hurley to Wright, who’s vastly for experienced. Of course he’s a better coach. It’s just your pathetic attempt to take cheap shots at an up and coming coach who’s turned our team around, in Hurley.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I’d bite the bullet and put in Samson/Diggins together for a 2 minute stretch. See how they do.
So would I, especially considering how little intensity we've displayed the past few minutes. Yes, the game is out of hand but with six or seven minutes left, if the core rotation is going a little less than fill bore why not give the two kids some run.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
So would I, especially considering how little intensity we've displayed the past few minutes. Yes, the game is out of hand but with six or seven minutes left, if the core rotation is going a little less than fill bore why not give the two kids some run.
And then I see we’re subbing in Sanogo up 20 with 4 to go…

Angry Kung Fu Panda GIF

Reaction Score
It's unfair to expect Diggins/Johnson to play well with so little experience at this point, but still...oh boy.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Wow, we haven't had a faceplant thread this bad in a while.

Up 13 with 33.4 left, empty the bench!!! LOL.

Reaction Score
Has diggins been explained? Not happy asking this. But. Whhoof. When announcers call him out.

Reaction Score
The way this is going, if there isn't 5+ minutes of extended garbage time to get him, Gaff, and Diggins some reps at the tail end of this one, something's gone very wrong. The Hoyas literally do not know how to play defense.
Couldn't make it 5 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thebug23