Sam Cassell, Jr. graduating and transferring | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Sam Cassell, Jr. graduating and transferring

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Congratulations Sam and best of luck in the future!! You got a college degree from UConn. That's special.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
That's well and good but this isn't a Hallmark special, this is an elite college basketball program trying to win its 5th championship.
Obviously with some non elite fans!

The kid gets a degree, his team mates and coach like him and this is what you write. Really nice.

Congratulations Sam and best of luck in the future.

As disgusting as this post is at least ten toes is honest. More than one fan treated Sam like dirt over the course of the season. It's sad that it takes his leaving for people to give him so much positive response.

We're hypercritical of Cuse, North Carolina and the NCAA for the crud that has happened but there is more than one poster who needs to find a mirror. Success at the expense of getting degrees or thinking players are more than just objects of our personal satisfaction is a major problem with sports and society in general.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Cassell will most likely transfer to IONA based off what I have heard, or at least make an attempt to land there. I see UConn offering STM Guard Christain Vital, who recently Decommitted from UNLV. He is making an official visit sometime in the near future and I see them offering him, an in state kid, good shooter who is worth taking a chance on.
I wonder if Vital or Jackson is first on staff's priority list? I wonder if Jackson has a committable offer? Based on reading how Vital loves to win/hyper competitive, pretty excited about him.

Congrats to Sam on getting that degree and carrying such a fun, positive attitude throughout his career!

Reaction Score
Cassell will most likely transfer to IONA based off what I have heard, or at least make an attempt to land there. I see UConn offering STM Guard Christain Vital, who recently Decommitted from UNLV. He is making an official visit sometime in the near future and I see them offering him, an in state kid, good shooter who is worth taking a chance on.

Vital played at STM but he's a New Yorker, not an instate kid.

C

Chief00

Just my opinion - some day Sam Jr will make a great assistant coach -I think he could develop into a very good recruiter.

Besides the brotherhood stuff I think that's where he will be really missed most. Guys like to be around him because he's fun and anything but boring.

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Just my opinion - some day Sam Jr will make a great assistant coach -I think he could develop into a very good recruiter.

Besides the brotherhood stuff I think that's where he will be really missed most. Guys like to be around him because he's fun and anything but boring.

I've spent time with Sam this can't be understated. Kid is a clown for sure.

Reaction Score
I wish him well. It's a win win. He may get to play more and we get to free up a slot for someone else who may be able to contribute more.

Reaction Score
Obviously with some non elite fans!

The kid gets a degree, his team mates and coach like him and this is what you write. Really nice.

Congratulations Sam and best of luck in the future.

As disgusting as this post is at least ten toes is honest. More than one fan treated Sam like dirt over the course of the season. It's sad that it takes his leaving for people to give him so much positive response.

We're hypercritical of Cuse, North Carolina and the NCAA for the crud that has happened but there is more than one poster who needs to find a mirror. Success at the expense of getting degrees or thinking players are more than just objects of our personal satisfaction is a major problem with sports and society in general.
Would you get over yourself already? My post was "disgusting"? Are you serious? This team needs a legit 3rd PG more than it needs a cheerleader who is popular with his teammates but can't play high division 1 basketball. Going back to JC, guys have either chosen to leave or given indications their playing time would drop. Whether it was Rob Garrison, Darius Smith, Robert Trice, Terrence Samuel, Rakim Lubin etc.. it's a part of the game that's unfortunate but happens in high division one sports. The kid got his degree, made a lifetime of memories with his teammates and coaches and gets to play another year elsewhere, which is all positive. I stand by my original reply to Chief that we'll be a better team with another PG taking that roster spot. If that makes me a "non-elite" fan so be it. I'll put my fandom up against yours any day of the week, even if I don't have 9,000 Boneyard posts.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
Would you get over yourself already? My post was "disgusting"? Are you serious? This team needs a legit 3rd PG more than it needs a cheerleader who is popular with his teammates but can't play high division 1 basketball. Going back to JC, guys have either chosen to leave or given indications their playing time would drop. Whether it was Rob Garrison, Darius Smith, Robert Trice, Terrence Samuel, Rakim Lubin etc.. it's a part of the game that's unfortunate but happens in high division one sports. The kid got his degree, made a lifetime of memories with his teammates and coaches and gets to play another year elsewhere, which is all positive. I stand by my original reply to Chief that we'll be a better team with another PG taking that roster spot. If that makes me a "non-elite" fan so be it. I'll put my fandom up against yours any day of the week, even if I don't have 9,000 Boneyard posts.
Nice list of players. But where is Donnell Beverly on that list? Or even a player like Rashmael Jones?

I'm not debating the need for a good third guard. I'm aware of the carousel of players and coaches and how that's part of the sport. I find it over the top for someone to celebrate a players leaving a program at a time when people are choosing to wish him well. I'm not one that feels people should be politically correct about things. But show some class!

Reaction Score
Nice list of players. But where is Donnell Beverly on that list? Or even a player like Rashmael Jones?

I'm not debating the need for a good third guard. I'm aware of the carousel of players and coaches and how that's part of the sport. I find it over the top for someone to celebrate a players leaving a program at a time when people are choosing to wish him well. I'm not one that feels people should be politically correct about things. But show some class!
Where did I celebrate? I questioned Chief's assertion of just how valuable Sam was without denigrating the kid whatsoever.

C

Chief00

Where did I celebrate? I questioned Chief's assertion of just how valuable Sam was without denigrating the kid whatsoever.

I sense you never played on a team nor do you understand team dynamics. Team chemistry is so important in sports and Sam Jr added a great deal to that. I can't prove this but I personally give him a lot of credit in the uptick in recruiting since Tsam left. Guys went from having ho hum yawn visits to great visits! Another gut feeling is that the fact Sam isn't around - guys may be less likely to stay. Maybe a little overstatement here - but his impact can't be measured by his line in the box score. Unlike a lot of his teammates Sam's dad is a multi-millionaire but he is just one of the guys.

Reaction Score
I sense you never played on a team nor do you understand team dynamics. Team chemistry is so important in sports and Sam Jr added a great deal to that. I can't prove this but I personally give him a lot of credit in the uptick in recruiting since Tsam left. Guys went from having ho hum yawn visits to great visits! Another gut feeling is that the fact Sam isn't around - guys may be less likely to stay. Maybe a little overstatement here - but his impact can't be measured by his line in the box score. Unlike a lot of his teammates Sam's dad is a multi-millionaire but he is just one of the guys.
Oh please, can we stop with the whole "you never played on a team or don't understand team dynamics" crap? I played in high school, I doubt you or many people on here played at a higher level. I'll play along and give you the benefit of the doubt that Sam played a role in landing a couple recruits. That's all speculative though and like with the majority of your posts there's nothing to confirm that. What we do know for sure though is he was a seldom used guard on a team that sorely lacked another guard for the past two seasons. They didn't make the tourney in year one and won one game in year two while having to rely on a freshman as the only true point guard. Overall you are severely overrating Sam's value.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I didn't see it that way. I thought your Hallmark statement was a dig on the kid as much as it was a difference of opinion with chief. If I'm wrong I'm wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom