Sam Brunelle | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sam Brunelle

Reaction Score
No, I don't think that she will .... or won't. I don't know, but I threw that out there for discussion. It's not just the boyfriend deal....she's evidently a country girl, and may not feel real comfortable leaving the fairly rural South for New England, far from friends and family, and yes, boyfriend. I'm sure SC will be making a strong pitch. I guess the point is not to underestimate the cultural differences. I've lived in both environments and in a lot of respects those differences are night and day. We just lost a number one, in part I'm sure because she didn't want to leave her comfort zone. Not every 17 year old has a lot of maturity.

I'm still somewhat hopeful...............everything I've read about Sam B leads me to believe she's a lot tougher and determined then what some give her credit for.........kind of like KLS...........let's face it, the only players that stick at Storrs are the one's that put basketball at the top of their priority list............that's one of the main ingredients of Geno's unparalleled success..............got my fingers crossed that she's one of those players

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
chicken coops.....I remember lots of chicken coops

And the silence of the chickens.

PS. I see no one took chicken processing 101. That was dang funny!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm still somewhat hopeful.....everything I've read about Sam B leads me to believe she's a lot tougher and determined then what some give her credit for....kind of like KLS......let's face it, the only players that stick at Storrs are the one's that put basketball at the top of their priority list..that's one of the main ingredients of Geno's unparalleled success....got my fingers crossed that she's one of those players

I'm with you!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
chicken coops.....I remember lots of chicken coops
I lived in the Towers during the Civil War when they were brand new. As a city boy, I learned two things. 1st that Roosters don't just crow at dawn, they are damn noisy all night long. 2nd that cows moo all night long. But tye Dairy Bar was a very short walk away. Made up for everything.

Reaction Score
I lived in the Towers during the Civil War when they were brand new. As a city boy, I learned two things. 1st that Roosters don't just crow at dawn, they are damn noisy all night long. 2nd that cows moo all night long. But tye Dairy Bar was a very short walk away. Made up for everything.
Great Dairy Bar. Have traveled to colleges around the US and this is on top of my list - University of Delaware a close 2nd place.

Reaction Score
No, I don't think that she will .... or won't. I don't know, but I threw that out there for discussion. It's not just the boyfriend deal....she's evidently a country girl, and may not feel real comfortable leaving the fairly rural South for New England, far from friends and family, and yes, boyfriend. I'm sure SC will be making a strong pitch. I guess the point is not to underestimate the cultural differences. I've lived in both environments and in a lot of respects those differences are night and day. We just lost a number one, in part I'm sure because she didn't want to leave her comfort zone. Not every 17 year old has a lot of maturity.
UCONN has been successful at getting players from Southern California (a MOST different kind of lifestyle), Nevada (again different from CT) and many other areas of the country. We are not "geographical" in our recruiting...but rather recruit the kind of player who fits the UCONN model, who will do anything to be a Champion and TEAM Player. If Samantha wants to be the best player she can possibly be then she will pick UCONN. But it's hard to predict what High School Girls will base their decisions on.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Wrong.

Roosters are noisey ALL DAY LONG. I may be a city boy but I'ved lived next door to a coop.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Wrong.

Roosters are noisey ALL DAY LONG. I may be a city boy but I'ved lived next door to a coop.
Correct. But they are quiet at night. So if you're trying to catch an extra hour of sleep on a summer morning in a state where the sun rises early, like CT, and there happen to be roosters nearby, forget about it.

Reaction Score
that has always been my concern... I think her boyfriend is actually a senior in high school but no matter..let's hope her desire to get the most out of
college basketball is strong enough to get her up north

I'm a little slow (and this falls into the category of "not particularly relevant info"), but you're right, her boyfriend Adam is a HS senior, baseball commit to Clemson, and younger brother of Jets back-up QB Christian Hackenberg.

Reaction Score
I'm a little slow (and this falls into the category of "not particularly relevant info"), but you're right, her boyfriend Adam is a HS senior, baseball commit to Clemson, and younger brother of Jets back-up QB Christian Hackenberg.

let's hope he's a better catcher then his brother is a quarterback...............:D

Reaction Score
let's hope he's a better catcher then his brother is a quarterback.....:D

That's for sure.....although I feel sorry a bit for Christian as he really got screwed in the coaching change and his growth pretty much regressed after O'Brien left.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom