Sam Brunelle | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sam Brunelle

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I like the pics of Charli and Baby B.

The last "Baby" we had was "Baby Husky," as Kaleena dubbed Stewie. She had a pretty good career. Let's get another Baby, Baby!

Reaction Score
She's a VA country girl with a "bae" she clearly adores who evidently plays baseball at Clemson. Wouldn't put too much hope of prying her out of the South. Just sayin'.

Reaction Score
She's a VA country girl with a "bae" she clearly adores who evidently plays baseball at Clemson. Wouldn't put too much hope of prying her out of the South. Just sayin'.

that has always been my concern............. I think her boyfriend is actually a senior in high school but no matter............let's hope her desire to get the most out of
college basketball is strong enough to get her up north

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
So an elite recruit is going to make a career-impacting decision based on a high school "bae?" That's happened before but I don't see it happening this time. Brunette's decision is going to be based on her career goals and how best to achieve those goals.

I'm curious, is there ever talk about elite male athletes making their college decisions to be near their "baes?"

Reaction Score

So you honestly think the #1 recruit in the country is going to make maybe the single most important decision regarding her future as a basketball player based on where her puppy love is going? Come on!

Reaction Score
So an elite recruit is going to make a career-impacting decision based on a high school "bae?" That's happened before but I don't see it happening this time. Brunette's decision is going to be based on her career goals and how best to achieve those goals.

I'm curious, is there ever talk about elite male athletes making their college decisions to be near their "baes?"

Damn beat me to it.

Reaction Score

perhaps because the vast majority of male athletes have historically taken advantage of their prestigious positions as big men on campus..............there may be some big women on campus doing the same thing, unfortunately I never ran into any during my college years...........

Reaction Score
There are 36 million people in California...and every last one of them reads The Boneyard. I wonder how many of them thought of South Carolina when you wrote "USC." ;)

ummmmm.........three of them................

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
perhaps because the vast majority of male athletes have historically taken advantage of their prestigious positions as big men on campus....there may be some big women on campus doing the same thing, unfortunately I never ran into any during my college years......

Although I don't read many message board forums devoted to men's teams, I'll go out on a limb and say that there aren't many posters talking about an elite male athlete making his college choice based on where his high school "bae" is.

Reaction Score
I’ve seen internet speculation that Brunelle might not pick Uconn because of the commitment you have to make to play basketball for Geno, but it was from a Cal fan who was hoping Brunelle would head west.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
There are 36 million people in California...and every last one of them reads The Boneyard. I wonder how many of them thought of South Carolina when you wrote "USC." ;)
I know! My niece was a Trojan.

I thought about that when I wrote it. I considered "SC," but that's the name of the state and I wanted to differentiate between the state and the university. I was hoping that the Clemson mention would make it clear.

Maybe I should take a page out of Triad's book and call it Lesser Carolina or Nether Carolina. ;)

Reaction Score
Although I don't read many message board forums devoted to men's teams, I'll go out on a limb and say that there aren't many posters talking about an elite male athlete making his college choice based on where his high school "bae" is.
Naz Reid (top 20, 5* recruit) just picked LSU over Arizona, Kansas, Louisville, Villanova, UNC, and Kentucky among many, many others because his girlfriend went there. It happens

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Naz Reid (top 20, 5* recruit) just picked LSU over Arizona, Kansas, Louisville, Villanova, UNC, and Kentucky among many, many others because his girlfriend went there. It happens

I know, she plays for the women's team. There are exceptions. Wade is doing some good recruiting down there. Simmons's success doesn't hurt.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I’ve seen internet speculation that Brunelle might not pick Uconn because of the commitment you have to make to play basketball for Geno, but it was from a Cal fan who was hoping Brunelle would head west.

Come to Cal where you'll accomplish less but you won't have to work as hard. Sounds appealing.

Reaction Score

Wow........ he must be in love...........Simmons found out just how long ONE basketball season lasts in Baton Rouge..........

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

It may be confusing to some, but I think it depends on your location, and your mindset. The following is very important in understanding this truism. Here in the "Golden State", when ever the University of Southern California is mentioned or referred to by the media, be it in print or verbally (radio/TV), the acronym "U.S.C." is usually used.

EVERYONE here KNOWS they are referencing the SC Trojans. South Carolina does not register a blip on the radar screen in California. Sports fans here are not concerned about the Gamecocks unless they're the next game on the schedule. We seldom if ever get any news reports or features about the Gamecocks. If they are not the #1-2 team in the country, and destroying everyone they play, they don't get any airtime (mention) here.

There are too many major universities in California, and on the west coast to care about, or be interested in USCe. There are lots of local fans and alumni of those colleges residing in the region. The PAC 12 is alive and well out here. While there is luke warm interest (curiosity) in the top 2-3 schools ranked nationally, the interest and focus of most college sports fans out west are the schools that comprise the PAC 12.

They're trying to cheer and "will" their school to a conference championship and hopefully and bowl game. To S.C. Trojans fans and alumni (my brother is one), USC is the University of Southern California!!!!
Fight on!!!

To folks on the EAST COAST, the opposite is true. As I said, what "USC" means to you depends on your location. To fans in and around South Carolina, USC does not reference a school 3,000 miles away on the wrong coast.

What about O.S.U. ?...................................Oregon State University? Ohio State University, or Oklahoma State University??? :eek:

To folks in the Oregon/Washington State area, it means the OS Beavers. In Ohio, those same letters refer to their favorite home town team, the Buckeyes, etc. Head bang

Last edited by a moderator:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Come to Cal where you'll accomplish less but you won't have to work as hard. Sounds appealing.

..................Because, as we all know, UConn IS NOT for everyone.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Great weekend visit in Storrs, Connecticut with @UConnWBB #gohuskiespic.twitter.com/piuNUzXp30

Cu6F1u3WgAA3Xfe.jpg

Cu6F1u5W8AAjo4e.jpg

Brunelle appears pigeon toed. Sign her right up! Greatest pigeon toed player of all time...Stewie of course. :D

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
She actually took an unofficial visit to Texas during Labor Day weekend 2016. I believe her club team was in Houston the day before, and then headed to Austin for a day or two.

We could be a longshot, but her familiarity with us probably led to making her Top 11.

I remember how the last one of these worked out ... wasn't but just last year. I'll take that result. :)

Reaction Score
I know! My niece was a Trojan.

I thought about that when I wrote it. I considered "SC," but that's the name of the state and I wanted to differentiate between the state and the university. I was hoping that the Clemson mention would make it clear.

When I read "Clemson" I thought you meant the Naval Destroyer USS Clemson. I didn't think naval vessels had women's basketball teams, so I became confused.:confused:

Reaction Score

If memory serves me right, J. Gemelos backed out of her UConn commitment becouse of a boyfriend

Reaction Score
So you honestly think the #1 recruit in the country is going to make maybe the single most important decision regarding her future as a basketball player based on where her puppy love is going? Come on!

No, I don't think that she will .... or won't. I don't know, but I threw that out there for discussion. It's not just the boyfriend deal....she's evidently a country girl, and may not feel real comfortable leaving the fairly rural South for New England, far from friends and family, and yes, boyfriend. I'm sure SC will be making a strong pitch. I guess the point is not to underestimate the cultural differences. I've lived in both environments and in a lot of respects those differences are night and day. We just lost a number one, in part I'm sure because she didn't want to leave her comfort zone. Not every 17 year old has a lot of maturity.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
No, I don't think that she will .... or won't. I don't know, but I threw that out there for discussion. It's not just the boyfriend deal....she's evidently a country girl, and may not feel real comfortable leaving the fairly rural South for New England, far from friends and family, and yes, boyfriend. I'm sure SC will be making a strong pitch. I guess the point is not to underestimate the cultural differences. I've lived in both environments and in a lot of respects those differences are night and day. We just lost a number one, in part I'm sure because she didn't want to leave her comfort zone. Not every 17 year old has a lot of maturity.
The UConn campus is on a farm. Sam will feel at home.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom