Sam Brunelle | The Boneyard

Sam Brunelle

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score
I covered the Philly Face Off event this weekend

Sam and her Team Loaded crew had a strong representation
She was an absolute STUD in the multiple games I viewed on Saturday.
scoring in pretty much every way possible, impacting both ends... so consistently..and from pretty much all spots on floor. Displaying HIGH hoops IQ, Taking opponents best efforts (defensive matchup)

Have seen her other times prior as well....The young lady simply Competes Every game
Along with her distinguishable Versatility on Offense... and overall.
for me...her most Impressive aspect and why she is deserving of a #1 ranking in class... is how she competes Every game !

an off the court element that I Tweeted about is...

I remember Coach K saying once about Shane Battier....that he was always "ON"
referring to his personality, character, how he represented himself, treated others,etc

with Sam Brunelle...I get that similar Impression. Including watching her just be herself around an event.
completely Impressive young lady and player

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
CoachBill: I have seen that she has been compared to a 'shorter EDD'...that fair?

Reaction Score
Sure hope UCONN lands Sam; seems like she has unlimited potential.

Reaction Score
Coach Bill - I know SB played against the NJ Sparks and Leilani Correa.........curious to get your thoughts on her game as she seems to be moving up into high major recruiting circles...........

Reaction Score
I can certainly vouch for this report. I've been on team Baby Bruney for awhile now. I've seen a bunch of games and she is very talented. She had all the physical tools and range that almost Curry like!! She will shoot from anywhere at any time, she has a wonderful personality from everything I can see from afar. She will be a perfect replacement for KLS.
She has a baseball star boyfriend and I believe he's attending Clemson? Not sure what that means. All I know is if I can have one kid it's BB. You should too!!

Reaction Score

scoring in pretty much every way possible, impacting both ends... so consistently..and from pretty much all spots on floor. Displaying HIGH hoops IQ, Taking opponents best efforts (defensive matchup)

Have seen her other times prior as well....The young lady simply Competes Every game
for me...her most Impressive aspect and why she is deserving of a #1 ranking in class... is how she competes Every game !

referring to his personality, character, how he represented himself, treated others,etc

with Sam Brunelle...I get that similar Impression. Including watching her just be herself around an event.
Coach for me this was a great posting in so many ways---A Virginia young lady (Megan too), a top talent WBB, and swell kid, etc.
Thanks coach. I hope she wanders into the UConn Camp--if not there UVA or VA Tech would be nice

Reaction Score
aac UConn
sec Kentucky, So Carolina
b12 Texas
b10 Maryland
acc Virginia, NC St, Wake, Louisville, N Dame

cant make out the 11th?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
aac UConn
b12 Texas
b10 Maryland

cant make out the 11th?
11th is Duke ACC.

Reaction Score
You tweet analyzers realize, of course, that she's not really interested in UConn? She wrote Uconn, showing from that tweet that she's just messing with the Huskies. Get it? She's conning.... :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
aac UConn
b12 Texas
b10 Maryland
acc Virginia, NC St, Wake, Louisville, N Dame, Duke

Heavily weighted towards schools not too far from home, and in particular in the ACC. Suggests she wants to live near home and/or frequently play near home.

If that's true, that would suggest Texas, UConn, Maryland are longer shots.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Heavily weighted towards schools not too far from home, and in particular in the ACC. Suggests she wants to live near home and/or frequently play near home.

If that's true, that would suggest Texas, UConn, Maryland are longer shots.

Good point. Maryland is only an hour and a half or so from where's she's from.. so her family would easily make home games. Away games would be in Big 10 country though...

UConn isn't THAT far away from her home.. away games would take her all over the country though.

Texas, on the other hand, is very far away AND road games are very far away. They seem like the outlier here.

Reaction Score
aac UConn
b12 Texas
b10 Maryland

cant make out the 11th?
I would think Va, NC St, Maryland are on her list because they are "local" and they were probably there with offers early. I suspect Kentucky and Louisville were early with offers too. So discounting the locals, and if proximity to Clemson is an issue then I would think SC, Wake Forest are getting close scrutiny ....and Texas, UConn and ND are there for their premium programs.

So I think the strongest candidates are SC, UConn, ND, Texas and Wake Forest.

Of course we have no idea if she wants to stay "local". She is a country girl and UConn does have an Ag program (just ask Tierny)

Reaction Score
I would think Va, NC St, Maryland are on her list because they are "local" and they were probably there with offers early. I suspect Kentucky and Louisville were early with offers too. So discounting the locals, and if proximity to Clemson is an issue then I would think SC, Wake Forest are getting close scrutiny ....and Texas, UConn and ND are there for their premium programs.

Of course we have no idea if she wants to stay "local". She is a country girl and UConn does have an Ag program (just ask Tierny)
We do have cow tipping and car tipping.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

Thanks coachBill, an excellent report as always!!! Well, based on this report, and others we've received recently about Sam, it sounds to me like the UConn staffers should put a "full court press" on Miss Brunelle, leaving no stone unturned, to ensure her matriculation to Storrs in two years. She sounds like a "can't miss" prospect. One that would look real good in a UConn uniform, and would blend seamlessly into the program.

I'd really like to see Olivia Nelson Ododa join Charli Collier on campus next year as well. I'm really really impressed with her. If UConn can only sign 1 other recruit from the 2018 class, I'd like it to be her.

We just finished sweating it out for over a year for Megan Walker. Now it looks like we'll have to do it again for Brunelle. Oh well. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
She actually took an unofficial visit to Texas during Labor Day weekend 2016. I believe her club team was in Houston the day before, and then headed to Austin for a day or two.

We could be a longshot, but her familiarity with us probably led to making her Top 11.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Good point. Maryland is only an hour and a half or so from where's she's from.. so her family would easily make home games. Away games would be in Big 10 country though...

UConn isn't THAT far away from her home.. away games would take her all over the country though.

Texas, on the other hand, is very far away AND road games are very far away. They seem like the outlier here.
It is more like 2 Hours and 2 Minutes from her house to UM & 7 Hours and 32 minutes to Storrs. Not than I'm sweating those details or anything like that. :cool:

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score

And a GA program.

Reaction Score
I don't think UConn could make their interest any more clear but it's the same old recruiting story.................if it's a purely basketball decision (championships/maximizing abilities) then it's most likely UConn...............if it's proximity to her home and her boyfriend then I would think that UVa and the Carolina schools are all more likely options

Reaction Score
She actually took an unofficial visit to Texas during Labor Day weekend 2016. I believe her club team was in Houston the day before, and then headed to Austin for a day or two.

We could be a longshot, but her familiarity with us probably led to making her Top 11.

I think she made an unofficial to UConn as well .... maybe last year's first night?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I think she made an unofficial to UConn as well .... maybe last year's first night?

Great weekend visit in Storrs, Connecticut with @UConnWBB #gohuskiespic.twitter.com/piuNUzXp30

Cu6F1u3WgAA3Xfe.jpg

Cu6F1u5W8AAjo4e.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom