Sally Jenkins hit piece on Edsall | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Sally Jenkins hit piece on Edsall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When I google "pulls scholarship" and get through all the recent stories about UConn and Edsall I find many examples of the same exact thing happening at UCLA, Miss St., Michigan, Alabama, Georgia, Texas St., UTEP, Tennessee, Louisville, and believe it or not, Maryland under Durkin who was Edsall's replacement. Look up the story of Alex Hall who was a Maryland commit until Durkin pulled his scholarship. Hall ended up at Fordham. I wonder if Sally wrote a story about Alex Hall's scholly being yanked.

Hell, I found an article from 1985 about Foge Fazio pulling a kid's scholarship at Pitt! It's been going on for over 30 years, but now suddenly Edsall is the only one villified? Please!

Coach Says His Prep Player 'Devastated' When Pitt Reneges on Scholarship Offer

Reaction Score
To be fair, Maryland was a ticking time bomb. The players didn't go to class, got poor grades, screwed up the APR, and had a lot of off the field issues.
Yep. But they were 9-3 the year before Randy showed up.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
OK, this has gotten way out of hand! Shows exactly what is wrong with journalism today. Take a one-sided story and run with it to smear someone.

At least Jeff Jacobs presented both sides of the issue. Sadly, due to NCAA rules, we will never hear Edsall's side of the story, only the parents' side of the story.

Randy Edsall believes in commitment — to Randy Edsall
That article was trash

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm a reasonable person. If Edsall gets us to a bowl game I'll gladly admit I was wrong and buy beer at the game.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Sally Jenkins is no fan of UConn's, hasn't been since Geno upstaged her "very good friend" Pat Summitt of Tennessee.

Well...that puts a very different spin on this...lol.

Reaction Score
The scumbag comment is a matter of opinion, which since you cannot count to 4 or read a Wikipedia page which lists his record year by year your opinion is worthless because your simply not very smart.

His tenure at Maryland saw a clear decline in players going to the NFL, the numbers are clear, you want dispute those to? They involve counting above 4 so be careful.

Jerry, get up, go to your sock drawer and eat one! Enough already! Can we please move forward!

Reaction Score
Does anyone know for sure that Edsall did not contact the other schools on this kid's list to make sure he had a landing spot? Would the narrative be much different if he did? The story is pure BS.

Reaction Score
The power of the pen, The First Amendment , and Freedom of the Press.

Easy to be cynical, negative, scurrilous towards a coach the Washington press viewed negatively since day 1 at Maryland. Let's write and jump on the bandwagon without good investigative reporting.
She missed the issue, which is the system itself and fails or better yet avoids Saban, Harbaugh and the system because it won't sell readership and add space.

Last July, Jay Paterno fired back at Sally Jenkins for her irresponsible journalism. Her job is to sell newspapers with integrity, ha!

"This is written because Penn State’s administration once again chose to issue a statement defending nothing and offending no one. It’s written because I cannot abide seeing you question the truth and the integrity of people I know."

"Your column got important facts wrong, and is an affront to thousands of men and women that made Penn State what it was for decades. It calls into question every man who ever coached here."

State College, PA - An Open Letter to Sally Jenkins -

Last edited:

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
I am still with my jaw on the floor over this, I mean does you mom tie your shoes before you go to school or do you still wear velcros??????
That's awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak