Saint John's Post Game Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Saint John's Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Great to win a game where our defense wasn't good. Giving up 90 points to St. John's is not a good look. Our big men still foul too much for my tastes and allow St. John's to get back in the game in the first half with Karaban playing the center. Glad to see Stewart step up and play well. Very efficient on offense and what a backcourt we have in Newton and Stewart.

Reaction Score
You have to overcome adversity in March. Horrid officiating when you have both coaches pick up techs within minutes then you suck. Give St John’s credit they are definetly a tournament team very tough to beat a team 3 times especially against Pitino.
Agree, respect to st John's for keeping it within arms length. They tried to make it interesting in the end. I think they deserve a play in as an 11 or 12. No 5 or 6 seed wants to see them. If 5 or 6 seed Kansas get them, I'd watch out!

Reaction Score
Johnnies are very good in mid range
It is why they gave Creighton so much trouble this year.

Yes they were last night for sure. And mid range is easier with DC on the bench so his ability to commit stupid fouls is very dangerous to the Huskies moving forward. He needs to move his feet, stay on his feet, stay straight up and quit reaching. He is a huge part of the reason they scored 90. It needs to stop for back to back to happen.

Reaction Score
Great win shows we can play with pace or scrum it up, depends on how the game plays out.

The Johnnies can’t play better. I mean with 6-7 minutes left in the game they hit everything they looked at - Jenkins, Ledlum and Soriano couldn’t miss. But we were comfortably up 8-13 most of that time until that joke of a call on Alex to end it.

DC and Stephon had tough games yet we outscored them and put the pressure on them offensively. Defense needs to be better but I’m confident it will be but DC needs to stay out of foul trouble to help make that happen.

Fun one today!!

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
Good win. Adversity all around and still gutted out a win against what should be a tournament team a third time. Hopefully they play well tonight get a third W against another good team and take the BET trophy back to Storrs.

Reaction Score
Irrespective, or regardless or irregardless of all the UConn haters, here’s some positive-ish unaltered quotes from Jonnies fans

Geez UConn is just so good we couldn’t come out much better then we did and they are right back

Clingan makes a ton of difference on D

You can't coach against 7'3" with the shooters they have

Every shot at rim contend by their bigs

D really is being tested, UConn has so many weapons & great ball movement

UConn D is intimidating our guys except DJ

Spencer gets any space he kills it

Their backcourt lethal

Hurley needs to get Td up. He's so freaking obnoxious and refs just allow it

The physical disparity between teams PLUS skill level is very apparent.

Hurley has a mental illness.

Can't see anybody beating this team unfortunately

UConn has developed a Dookian level of arrogance and unlikability.

Is Hurley senior coaching!!!??

Hurley spreading floor and hitting gaps

These guys seldom cool off, tough to make up deficits v them

Hate to say it but UConn is just that good

Dammit, UConn can put up points in bunches fast...

Easy to hate Spencer because he is so damn good. Has he made an error in 3 games vs us?

Yes, watching UConn brings a mix of respect and disgust...

UConn is the best team in the country and it pains me to say that as much as I don't like them nor Hurley

Samson is a superior player to Joel. Smarter, quicker, more mobile and better basketball mind. No contest.

UConn is just too good. I know we all hate to admit if, but they’re about to go back to back.

At least we've kept it respectable. They are just a much better team, don't know that there's a better backcourt in the country. H

This UCONN team is awfully close. I honestly don't know how you guard them. You have to play man because they will shoot you out of the building if you go zone. But then you have to chase their shooters around screens for all game and then they run that weak side drag screen and throw the lob to Samson or Clingan.

I said after they beat PC I think Danny built the perfect team.

Reaction Score
Disagree. We played pretty well despite the foul trouble. St. John's is very good right now and they made tough shots when we threw several haymakers at them.
Weirdly, best thing for them is to be sent to Dayton or something. They could make a run out of Dayton into the second weekend.

the 8/9 and 7/10 are all pretty much death, but if I were a 2 seed I wouldn't be happy seeing them.

Reaction Score
That was a ridiculous offensive display, this team is so much fun to watch. On the other hand, I always knew the Boneyard was crazy but this thread is bizarre with the amount of negativity. I doubt half the people saying that stuff even watched the game though
Seriously, St. John's is good. And also they hit well defended shots. And many of the less-well defended shots came because of foul trouble on our best defensive players. And we were still up about 10 the entire game. It was a good performance!

Reaction Score
Seriously, St. John's is good. And also they hit well defended shots. And many of the less-well defended shots came because of foul trouble on our best defensive players. And we were still up about 10 the entire game. It was a good performance!
They happened to hit shots yesterday, they don’t always do that. I give them credit for rebounding.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
A lot easier to get those offensive boards when Clingan and Castle are in foul trouble.
it's even easier if one of their players pushes our player undr the rim while the shot is in the air. They did that about eight times that I saw yesterday with no calls.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom