#sad | Page 2 | The Boneyard

#sad

Reaction Score
lol and I thought I was a pessimist. JFC people relax

Reaction Score
This is on Edsall because he's the HC, and he is responsible for a failing staff. Crocker has failed and he has no clue how to adjust or fix it. Edsall' job is to demand performance from his staff and if his staff can't do it, find those that can. Crocker has to go if for no other reason than demanding accountability.

Reaction Score
This is on Edsall because he's the HC, and he is responsible for a failing staff. Crocker has failed and he has no clue how to adjust or fix it. Edsall' job is to demand performance from his staff and if his staff can't do it, find those that can. Crocker has to go if for no other reason than demanding accountability.
oldmanyellsatcloud.jpeg

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I was there till the end and will say I was disgusted how the defense laid down in the third quarter. Just was so bad. I would have benched every starter that gave up and played the second team.

Reaction Score
Our main selling point to recruits was 1. play in a BCS conference and 2. play against the schools in the Big East that wouldn't offer you. With those 2 things gone, there's just not that much to sell. Really the only hope is that someone with a law degree grows a pair and is able to demonstrate in court how our athletic program has basically been destroyed by a conference expanding.
We were talking tonight about this exact thing in between watching Memphis score. Even if RE can turn this mess around (and I think he can) we're still left with the huge issue of not being at the adults table anymore.

Reaction Score
Anyone who thought Edsel was going to turn the team around in one year is a fool.

Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't this kind of the inverse of last year when the offense was awful and the defense was semi-respectable? And didn't we return five or six starters on defense? I know the unit isn't that talented, but I'm trying to figure out what happened on that side especially given what he's been able to do turning around a broken quarterback.

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm missing something, but isn't this kind of the inverse of last year when the offense was awful and the defense was semi-respectable? And didn't we return five or six starters on defense? I know the unit isn't that talented, but I'm trying to figure out what happened on that side especially given what he's been able to do turning around a broken quarterback.
we lost our best players on defense and what we inherited is crap. we have a bunch of big dudes who are slow. they're not built to compete against 4-5WR offenses. it's that simple

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

We lost players where it hurts -- the secondary. Obi, John Green, and Jhavon Williams were solid DBs at this level, and are being replaced by RS and true freshmen who simply aren't up to speed yet.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Anyone who thought Edsel was going to turn the team around in one year is a fool.
UCF can do it. But us, no. We can't have nice things. We are CT. 3,4, 10 years. We are the Indiana of the AAC

Reaction Score
Our main selling point to recruits was 1. play in a BCS conference and 2. play against the schools in the Big East that wouldn't offer you. With those 2 things gone, there's just not that much to sell. Really the only hope is that someone with a law degree grows a pair and is able to demonstrate in court how our athletic program has basically been destroyed by a conference expanding.

Been saying this for a while now. The problem is not UConn, they showed they could tool up for the BCS level. But conference realignment is killing them, making it virtually impossible to recruit kids who really belong out on the field. UConn has a lot of weight room warriors who look like they belong, but have the mobility of a tackling dummy and don't tackle any better.

If UConn somehow could get an invite to a P5 conference, they will adjust and, within a few years, compete successfully at that level.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
UCF can do it. But us, no. We can't have nice things. We are CT. 3,4, 10 years. We are the Indiana of the AAC

No comparison. UCF was good just three years ago (12-1, then 9-4) , and have played in a bowl game three of the last four years, and 12 out of the last 16. Oh, and they’re in Florida.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Just how much should one be accountable for when being asked to take on a task beyond their abilities? Anyone who thinks we have been recruiting at the level of our competition over the last two administrations are simply not doing their homework. Paying attention? Have a clue?
We, UConn are starting from scratch. This staff has at least three years in my opinion before the weeping, whining and moaning should be heard. Meanwhile they have to do the best they can with the players they have.

BINGO !

Reaction Score
Recruit better. There's no other way. Just like the late Al McGuire said, you need thoroughbreds to win.

Reaction Score
Winning record in two years.
I'll go further that that. Next year at this time if we play the same sh...it teams, same players, same coaches, we are easily 3-2 and maybe 4-1. Even now we should be 2-3 if Tarbutt can make a FG.

My thoughts going forward, BS needs to relax and not play like the weight of the world is on his shoulders. He's much better in accuracy and in his decision making when he is. On defense, benching Tyler Coyle and Tre Bell last week in favor of Terry and Herring-Wilson was a huge mistake. Bell, despite his weaknesses is still a lot better than Herring-Wilson, and Coyle is maybe the best athlete we have and one of the best tacklers on the team, benching a kid like that because he bit a couple times on a QB option is short sighted IMO.

Lastly, Pindell and whoever is behind him need to get some snaps, while giving BS some minutes to relax and watch from the sidelines. I'd even put DP in as tailback or in the slot. Let's not forget we still have some key injuries on this team, Levenberry and a few others.

Reaction Score
The idea that we can’t recruit because we aren’t in a BCS Conference is hogwash. If we were in a BCS league, we’d be saying we can’t recruit good enough players to compete with our conference mates due to location. In fact, that’s exactly what people used to say.

We created a high power offense in one offseason by getting a good OC playing a modern system designed to compete in today’s game. We have always had a good defense, this year we don’t. It is very unfortunate timing, but it isn’t the end of the story. We are at the beginning. Some of you make it sound like having a good D is impossible. C’mon, up until 3 weeks ago we were saying having a good offense was impossible.

We have a name brand, the best facilities, cool swag, our own stadium, great academics, a true college campus experience, Randy has tremendous history putting underrated players in the NFL and we have surprisingly good attendance. Do you realize schools all over the conference draw flies even though they have better football teams than we do? Attendance is down everywhere. Lower half ACC schools have small crowds these days. We draw 20k to see year 7 of horrible football. We can actually fill the Rent with a good team.

I am sure we can recruit the players we need to UConn but the pitch has to be right. Show them the opportunity, help them visualize a full stadium, the chance to be beloved by a whole state. The opportunity is tremendous and Lashlee has shown us the light. Some of you couldn’t sell wood to a termite. Stop bashing the program and the process. I’m frustrated but I will never say we CAN’T do it. It just isn’t true. This is totally doable and the offense this year should very clearly show you that. It is all the evidence anyone needs to prove we can be a good program while in the American. Our biggest issue for years was solved in one off season by having a good OC. We definitely need some JUCO’s, but we can do this.

Reaction Score
Defense put the 2-deep down linemen in often yesterday: Sheridan Lawley, Connor Freeborn, Kevin Murphy rotated in regularly and often together as the second half played out. With Carazolla out for parts of the game with a left shoulder injury, I hope he gets healthy fast.

"You had to be there" moment of the game: In the 3rd quarter, after UConn gave up the bazillionth touchdown of the game, Randy Edsall threw his play sheets up in the air in disgust? frustration? embarrassment? They fluttered down on the sideline like my dreams of a promising season.....

Reaction Score
Defense put the 2-deep down linemen in often yesterday: Sheridan Lawley, Connor Freeborn, Kevin Murphy rotated in regularly and often together as the second half played out. With Carazolla out for parts of the game with a left shoulder injury, I hope he gets healthy fast.

"You had to be there" moment of the game: In the 3rd quarter, after UConn gave up the bazillionth touchdown of the game, Randy Edsall threw his play sheets up in the air in disgust? frustration? embarrassment? They fluttered down on the sideline like my dreams of a promising season.....

Try to be a little tolerant.

For years now our football program has been complicated by the presence of opposing teams on game day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom