Sad news | The Boneyard

Sad news

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Fishy's beautiful, intelligent, and loving (in the best sense of the word) sister-in-law died last night... after a courageous six-year fight with brain cancer. She was barely 39 years old and leaves her husband and two elementary school-age sons who loved her so much -- as did her entire extended family and everyone else who knew her. She was a Harvard grad and one of the nicest, sweetest people anyone will ever meet. It is such a horrible tragedy for someone so young... with such young children.....to die from such a horrid disease. It's one more reason to support causes like Jim Calhoun's efforts to fight cancer.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Very sad. I'm sorry, Fishy. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

Reaction Score
Wow, thoughts and prayers. My wife's age, and with a three and two year old, I don't know what I would do without her. All the best to the family.

Reaction Score
Sorry to hear this, 39 is way too young. I'll keep Fishy and his family in my thoughts.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Just sucks. Did the Cancer Walk with Fish this year and didn't know she was ill. Thoughts go out to the extended family.

Reaction Score
My Condolences to the Fishy Family & Friends, as awkward as that statement sounds since I don't know their real names (not that I need to know). Sad situation for anyone to go through.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
Very sorry for your loss, Fishy. I lost a brother-in-law many years ago who was nearly the same age to brain cancer.

Not the best circumstances to say the least, but nice to see you back on The Boneyard, Joyce (cto).

Reaction Score
Sorry for the loss.
My Condolences to the Fishy Family & Friends, as awkward as that statement sounds since I don't know their real names (not that I need to know). Sad situation for anyone to go through.

My condolences also to the Fishy family. I like fishy and think he has some great spontaneous wit. Very sorry for the loss and that applies to the whole UConn family and any of our loved ones battling cancer.

Stay strong my dear friend!!!!!!!!! :)

Thoughts are with you...

Reaction Score
My condolences to Fishy's and his sister-in-law's family. Can't imagine how tough this is.

Reaction Score
My condolences to Fishy and his family. It is always difficult when someone close passes away, but more so when they are so young. Our prayers are with your family.

Reaction Score
My thoughts are with you and your family, fishy. You know that you have our support.

I lost my brother-in-law at the age of 41 to a heart attack. He left behind a 6 and 3 year old. So young.

Reaction Score
So sad to read this. Fishy, your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Reaction Score
Very sad news. My condolences Fishy to you and your immediate and extended family.

Reaction Score
Very sad to hear this heart-breaking news. I wish Fishy's family the best under such difficult circumstances. My thoughts and prayers will be with them at this time of grief.

Reaction Score
Fishy's beautiful, intelligent, and loving (in the best sense of the word) sister-in-law died last night... after a courageous six-year fight with brain cancer. She was barely 39 years old and leaves, besides her husband, two elementary school-age sons who loved her so much -- as did her entire extended family. She was a Harvard grad and one of the nicest, sweetest people anyone will ever meet. It is such a horrible tragedy for someone so young... with such young children.....to die from such a horrid disease. It's one more reason to support causes like Jim Calhoun's efforts at the UConn Medical Center.
Thanks Joyce. Fishy, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Words don't really help right now, but I hope you feel the prayers.

Reaction Score
Very sad news. Thoughts and prayers go out to Fishy and his family

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
My deepest and most sincere condolences to Fishy and everyone in his family.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
If you would really like to show your condolences for John's (Fishy) loss. I suggest you donate to a cause close to his heart. I walked with John and others in the Calhoun Cancer Walk/Ride a couple months ago. I just donated another $100 under his name. Follow the link below and click 'J M' on the page to donate to his walk for the cause. I can't think of a better way to help him out during this time.

Anything you need, John, you know how to get in touch with me.

Boneyard Link to Fishy's Page

Reaction Score
Awful news and way too young. Deepest condolences to all of the family........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom