Sad news - Cliff Robinson has passed away | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Sad news - Cliff Robinson has passed away

Reaction Score
Terrible. He was tweeting and complaining about traffic in recent weeks. Probably another stroke.

Reaction Score
As a UConn and Portland fan I got to enjoy Cliff in both uniforms, as well as see him around Portland on occasion.

Damn sad that he's gone. I'll hoist one in my Uncle Cliffy pint for the brother no longer with us.

Reaction Score
Buffalo's own. They still talk about him in my city and think of him as the best ever from here, and he made some people here UConn fans for life. 53 is way too young--can't even imagine it as a 52 year old. I feel for his family.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
My UConn BB buddy and I were in Ted's playing pinball after school was out for some reason when Cliff started playing the game next to us. While a ball was in play, friend says to Cliff "If you don't make it in the NBA I heard you can make good money in Europe." While I was aghast, Cliff calmly caught the ball, turned to my friend and said, "I ain't going to no Europe."

Last edited:
Reaction Score
RIP Uncle Cliffy. It feels as if a piece of my childhood had been taken away. Just sad with Sticks and now Cliffy. Thoughts and prayers for his close friends and family and we mourn together as a member of UConn Nation.

Reaction Score
My UConn BB buddy and I were in Ted's playing pinball after school was out for some reason when Cliff started playing the game next to us. While a ball was in play, friend says to Cliff "If you don't make it in the NBA I heard you can make good money in Europe." While I was aghast. Cliff calmly caught the ball, turned to my friend and said, "I ain't going to no Europe."
and he was right. He had a hell of a NBA career.

Reaction Score
DAMN! Cliff was the MAN when I first got to UConn. He was the one guy back then who really could dominate a game against other loaded Big East teams. The opponent had to gameplan around him. So sad to see him go so young. RIP Cliff and thank you for the memories

Reaction Score
This is EXTREMELY awful news. I was very close friends w Cliff in school and remained good friends with him many years after. Talked with him after his initial stroke and he was struggling badly, but hanging in. Hadn't talked to him in a couple of months. This hits very close to home.......had so many good times with him both during and after school. This is brutal.

Reaction Score
I was with my parents and older brother in 1987. My brother was touring campus. We were walking around after the tour and Cliff walked out of a building. My mother asked Cliff if he’d say hi to me. He came over, shook my hand and was pretty cool about it. Cliff was always quiet and kind of shy. He was then too.

My one real takeaway other than that Cliff was shy was that his hand was enormous. It engulfed mine. At the time I was 13-14 and probably 5’10” or so. I have pretty big hands and his hand felt like a baseball mitt. At the time it was soft and smooth. We were walking away and I told my dad it made sense he had good hands. Giant, man hands aren’t generally so soft.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is EXTREMELY awful news. I was very close friends w Cliff in school and remained good friends with him many years after. Talked with him after his initial stroke and he was struggling badly, but hanging in. Hadn't talked to him in a couple of months. This hits very close to home.......had so many good times with him both during and after school. This is brutal.

Reaction Score

Sorry for your loss gb sounded like you guys were pretty tight. Hang in there.

Reaction Score
Cliff was a resident of McMahon when I was there. What a wonderful basketball player he was and I enjoyed exchanging "hellos" when we'd pass in the hall.
...RIP, Cliff. Sending condolences to his family.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom