Sad news - Cliff Robinson has passed away | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Sad news - Cliff Robinson has passed away

Reaction Score

Sounds like that was from 2017. I talked with him about a week after he had the stroke. Was partially paralyzed for a period of time and had some other issues. Had a lengthy rehab. Trying to find out what happened now, but guessing its related to that. Devastating news.

Reaction Score
Tough tough tough weekend so far. First Black Panther and now Uncle Cliffy.
Remember back in the Summer of '85. I was in a Summer program up in Storrs after finishing up my frosh year of high-school. Cliff was up there, probably a part of the CAP program. We stayed in the dorms on South campus that had the outdoor basketball cour behind it. Anyways, Cliff was out there, literally monster dunking on the rims out there. Nearly 7 feet long and dunking at well from rim to rim.
Rest easy fam.

Reaction Score
Sorry for your loss gb sounded like you guys were pretty tight. Hang in there.
Thanks. Unlike others on this board, I don't trot out my relationships with players. When you actually have them, you don't need to do that. But yeah, we were very close. Used to get his tickets for home games, visited w him when he was in town playing the Celts, and then after his career was over. He could be tough if you didn't know him well, but when we were all alone, he was a cut up and a regular guy. This is a great loss.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Our first significant Pro that played with and against legends. He had a nice career and He’s noted for bringing the head band back. Thank You for choosing UCONN basketball and RIP Uncle Cliff Robinson

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
IIRC, I'll never forget him spearheading our first BE win at the Carrier Dome in 1985.Can see him late at the free throw line.

Very sad news. Rest in Peace, Cliffy.

Reaction Score
I was shocked that he was a 2nd round NBA draft choice as he was 6'11", athletic, and he could shoot. Had a long and great NBA career and his game would have been perfect for today's NBA. Loved that he was on Survivor as well.

RIP

Reaction Score

Wow. This really hits home for me. Cliff Robinson was our first big time get, the guy who started the spotlight shining on what Coach was building here. He started the ball rolling from Perno to the BE run we had for all those years.
Guys, a personal plea to please go get checkups. Bozeman died of colon cancer, Cliffy apparently due to stroke complications and even Sticks with what he was going through. These were relatively young dudes. In my case, I was hospitalized recently because of a headache i couldn’t shake. And when the wife finally forced me to go to urgent care, they sent me to a hospital emergency room, did a cat scan and found a grapefruit-sized clot in my brain, very very rare condition for where it had formed. I was literally days or even hours away from an aneurysm, stroke, or whatever. It shook me up and i still ask myself “what if” I’d taken another Tylenol and just ignored it? So fellas this goes beyond UConn or the BY. Please go get a checkup.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wow. This really hits home for me. Cliff Robinson was our first big time get, the guy who started the spotlight shining on what Coach was building here. He started the ball rolling from Perno to the BE run we had for all those years.
Guys, a personal plea to please go get checkups. Bozeman died of colon cancer, Cliffy apparently due to stroke complications and even Sticks with what he was going through. These were relatively young dudes. In my case, was hospitalized recently because of a headache i couldn’t shake. And when the wife finally forced me to go to urgent care, they sent me to hospital emergency room, did a cat scan and found a softball-sized clot in my brain, very very rare condition for where it had formed. I was literally days or even hours away from an aneurysm, stroke, or whatever. It shook me up and i still ask myself “what if” I’d taken another Tylenol and just ignored it? So fellas this goes beyond UConn or the BY. Please go get a checkup.

Glad you are taking care of yourself

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
OMG, WTF, RIP

A great Husky, a man JC helped to turn around. I believe he played like 17 seasons in the NBA

truly a bizarre year, for so many reasons

Godspeed

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Sad news.
I'm realizing that I can click Like and mean, "I agree or feel the same way" or "Thanks for sharing your source, link, story, or personal connection," or "I'm sorry for your particular loss."
We grieve together, and it lessens the pain.

Reaction Score
So very Sad.
REST in POWER UNCLE CLIFFY!

2020: please go away RIGHT AWAY.

Reaction Score
RIP UNCLE CLIFFY! I will always remember that game in the dome were you hit the winning free-throws to beat cuse! It was the first of many wins for Jim Calhoun against Borheim. He was a huge building block in making uconn great again.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Cliff was an elite NBA pro. This is terrible, feel so bad for his family. RIP Cliff.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom