Sacred Heart Analysis | The Boneyard

Sacred Heart Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

huskymagic

This game started out brutal, but the team was able to turn it around. We learned a lot from today's game. Brimah after the first several minutes played big. He was vocal, a leader on the court, active on offense, and blocked shots on defense. He is developing into our emotional and spiritual leader. Sterling Gibbs despite the 9 points had another poor game. He is not a point guard and not the leader we are looking for. Adams while young and makes mistakes, has the necessary positive effect and point guard skills we need. He has solidified a starting spot on this team. He showed some NASTY on the breakaway dunk as did Brimah. That is what we need more of.

Hamilton-- He played a solid game overall.

Miller-- Solid offensive game, but his rebounding and defense has been very poor. We need him more on the

Facey--Played another solid game. His minutes should go up as our team functions better with Facey and Brimah together. Provides rebounding, toughness, and good finishing ability. Could be this team's Roscoe Smith.

Gibbs-Did not have a positive effect on the game or on the team despite 9 points.

Purvis-- Played well offensively 19 points. Finishing ability and defense need improvement.

Starting lineup going forward: Adams, Purvis, Hamilton, Facey, and Brimah

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
H

huskymagic

We lack imagination on offense to begin the games. Gibbs/Purvis are strait line guys, not creative vision passing types. really clogs it all up.

Absolutely totally agree. You'll see the usual Gibbs apologists coming out in full drove saying he just had an off night, and he was the man at Seton Hall. He is an undersized shooting guard playing point. I like him as a shooter not as a point guard or as a defender. Miller also needs to rebound and defend better. We need him much more for that than scoring. Facey provides that rebounding that we need. Purvis and Gibbs never look to pass when driving, and put up a prayer layup. Adams and Hamilton are the visionaries and creators on this team.

Reaction Score
Dope alert.:rolleyes:

Cut and paste magic man, much easier. Cut and paste magic man, much easier. Cut and paste magic man, much easier.

Reaction Score
This game started out brutal, but the team was able to turn it around. We learned a lot from today's game. Brimah after the first several minutes played big. He was vocal, a leader on the court, active on offense, and blocked shots on defense. He is developing into our emotional and spiritual leader. Sterling Gibbs despite the 9 points had another poor game. He is not a point guard and not the leader we are looking for. Adams while young and makes mistakes, has the necessary positive effect and point guard skills we need. He has solidified a starting spot on this team. He showed some NASTY on the breakaway dunk as did Brimah. That is what we need more of.

Hamilton-- He played a solid game overall.

Miller-- Solid offensive game, but his rebounding and defense has been very poor. We need him more on the

Facey--Played another solid game. His minutes should go up as our team functions better with Facey and Brimah together. Provides rebounding, toughness, and good finishing ability. Could be this team's Roscoe Smith.

Gibbs-Did not have a positive effect on the game or on the team despite 9 points.

Purvis-- Played well offensively 19 points. Finishing ability and defense need improvement.

Starting lineup going forward: Adams, Purvis, Hamilton, Facey, and Brimah

Good analysis. Bottem line--this team has as much depth as any I can remember. However, not sure it is ready for prime time right now. I hope I'm wrong. Best hope is that it is ready by playoff time.
Most of first half was spent running the weave. Unfortunatly that doesn't score points. Once they figured out someone needed to drive off the weave, Sacred Heart had no chance. UCONN just had too much raw talent.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Can't figure out why Purvis got dissed.

Reaction Score
OP I don't want to get rid of our only post scorer in Miller. Yes, he needs to player better D and rebound better but he gives a lot more on the offensive side than we will ever get from KF. He has shown he will rebound so I'm glad we have him on our team. I don't want two beanpoles in our starting front court.
SG on the other hand is too one dimensional and would have no problem with him coming off the bench if that is better for our offense. JA is a better defender anyhow.

Reaction Score
Absolutely totally agree. You'll see the usual Gibbs apologists coming out in full drove saying he just had an off night, and he was the man at Seton Hall. He is an undersized shooting guard playing point. I like him as a shooter not as a point guard or as a defender. Miller also needs to rebound and defend better. We need him much more for that than scoring. Facey provides that rebounding that we need. Purvis and Gibbs never look to pass when driving, and put up a prayer layup. Adams and Hamilton are the visionaries and creators on this team.

Just to prove how brilliant you are - 27 minutes and 0 TO's for Sterling and 3 TO's for the guy you would like to take over now. Adams is going to be really good but only someone without any sense wants and believes this should happen. And you hammered Purvis for his D? Another beauty. You are so spot on it's magic.:confused:

Reaction Score
Just to prove how brilliant you are - 27 minutes and 0 TO's for Sterling and 3 TO's for the guy you would like to take over now. Adams is going to be really good but only someone without any sense wants and believes this should happen. And you hammered Purvis for his D? Another beauty. You are so spot on it's magic.:confused:
Yes, Purvis is one of our better defenders.

Reaction Score
OP I don't want to get rid of our only post scorer in Miller. Yes, he needs to player better D and rebound better but he gives a lot more on the offensive side than we will ever get from KF. He has shown he will rebound so I'm glad we have him on our team. I don't want two beanpoles in our starting front court.
SG on the other hand is too one dimensional and would have no problem with him coming off the bench if that is better for our offense. JA is a better defender anyhow.

How about they throw it into him more? Shonn deserves to get the ball as he finishes on the block. Not enough touches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom