S.C. Gamecocks 2023 off season | Page 26 | The Boneyard

S.C. Gamecocks 2023 off season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Imma rant real quick. Imma need yall fowl fans to quit stuffing the All-Star voting ballot box. Aint no way on God's Green earth that A. Boston should be 7,000 votes ahead of Chelsea Gray. Aint no way that Zia Cook should have more votes than Lexie Brown.

End of this rant. I got a few more though, but its late.
The Fever sent out a Tweet with those results and urged fans to get Aliyah to #1, who is A’ja. :cool:

Reaction Score
9yrs old. There is this great video out there when she was a kid shooting hoops in her yard..where is she is counting down the clock and makes the shot

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
It’s GARNET and Black and while Duke could put her into any door based on academics the Athletics leaves ALOT to be desired. That program should’ve had at least a championship at this point…

Besides y’all have the dunking sensation Toby Fournier. Be Happy :);)

1, Garnet and Burgundy are cousins.... easy to mix them up

2. Duke had a OUTSTANDING athletic year. The football team won 9 games including a Bowl win... the Men's BB team won the ACC, the Women's BB team finished #2 in the regular season, Men's Lacrosse was national runner-up... Women's Softball was the #8 national seed and hosted a Super Regional in Softball... the Men's Baseball team was one win from going to Omaha.... not to mention soccer and golf.

3. Ms Fournier ain't a Center. i won't be happy until we sign a Center.

Reaction Score
1, Garnet and Burgundy are cousins.... easy to mix them up

2. Duke had a OUTSTANDING athletic year. The football team won 9 games including a Bowl win... the Men's BB team won the ACC, the Women's BB team finished #2 in the regular season, Men's Lacrosse was national runner-up... Women's Softball was the #8 national seed and hosted a Super Regional in Softball... the Men's Baseball team was one win from going to Omaha.... not to mention soccer and golf.

3. Ms Fournier ain't a Center. i won't be happy until we sign a Center.

Now you know you meant to say what you said :rolleyes:

And clearly you knew I was talking about the WBB program not the entire school athletics Head bang

Joyce ain’t a Center either….:p

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Exactly. Talk about greedy. Get a few recruits and now they want everybody. Sheesh. :rolleyes: @triaddukefan

I didn't forgot about you.

As of now... barring any transfers out, we currently have 9 players on our roster for 2024-25.. that's including the Canadian Gal. You guys, along with a few other schools are hogging all the recruits... and us lowly schools can't even fill up a roster. SCar is the definition of a greedy school....,, yall... UCLA, UCONN, Arizona, LSU... need to share the wealth.

giphy.gif

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Now you know you meant to say what you said :rolleyes:

And clearly you knew I was talking about the WBB program not the entire school athletics Head bang

Joyce ain’t a Center either….:p

Edwards can play center when we play small ball :cool:

Reaction Score
9yrs old. There is this great video out there when she was a kid shooting hoops in her yard..where is she is counting down the clock and makes the shot

i am a UConn fan, but I love this kid. I will be watching her development during her college years, and also cheer for her, except when SCar plays UConn. I want her to have a lousy game then. As a matter of fact, I don’t even want her to get into the game. But after that, she can do her thing to all the other opponents. She’s going to be great, and I’m looking forward to the excitement she brings to the basketball court!!

Reaction Score
Coach Staley needs to handle Fulwiley correctly this year, meaning she needs to play this true freshman a bunch, even in close contests and let her develop. She will not develop riding the pine mostly, and at most schools she would get 30 minutes a game and be allowed to develop/grow. You have to be willing to take some raw and not great play at times to let this one grow as fast as she can, because she has the highest ceiling of any player on that team once she is past the early learning curve.

You cannot stagnate a talent like this, you have to guide it, train it and let it loose until it is performing like it should be, lumps be damned. I for one will be very disappointed if she is only allowed to play 10-15 minutes a game while being “trained” because that means her growth is being stunted. Cooper and Johnson are good players, but likely never AA types. Fulwiley could be AA and more, in time. She is the real deal.

Reaction Score
Coach Staley needs to handle Fulwiley correctly this year, meaning she needs to play this true freshman a bunch, even in close contests and let her develop. She will not develop riding the pine mostly, and at most schools she would get 30 minutes a game and be allowed to develop/grow. You have to be willing to take some raw and not great play at times to let this one grow as fast as she can, because she has the highest ceiling of any player on that team once she is past the early learning curve.

You cannot stagnate a talent like this, you have to guide it, train it and let it loose until it is performing like it should be, lumps be damned. I for one will be very disappointed if she is only allowed to play 10-15 minutes a game while being “trained” because that means her growth is being stunted. Cooper and Johnson are good players, but likely never AA types. Fulwiley could be AA and more, in time. She is the real deal.
I have little doubt that Lay will play extensive minutes this season. I wouldn’t be surprised if she challenges Breezy Hall for a spot in the starting line up sometime during the season - Lay playing at the 2 and Paopao moving over to the 3. Dawn started 3 freshman in ‘19 from the first game and before that turned the starting PG duties over to freshman Ty Harris about 12 games into the season so she’s not afraid to start froshs. With 6 major contributors leaving the program, including all 5 starters, there will be plenty of PT available for Fulwiley.

Reaction Score

Interesting take as the same argument could be made for Cooper [Top 5 player all time in SCar] and Raven Johnson [Team USA starting PG for the Olympic qualifying team] to not stunt their growth. Not sure why one wouldn't recognize their upside as being "the real deal" . Only person to beat "Lay" out for SC High school player of the year and thats the 6ft tall Cooper. Raven is top 5 players all time to come out of the State of Georgia.

Reaction Score

I don’t believe she is the type of player that will stay if she doesn’t get the minutes. I don’t think she will adhere to that “wait your turn” system like Amihere. —I hope she gets the minutes because I don’t think there’s ever been a guard as dynamic as her and a great shooter like her. I think she’s the answer to their stagnant offense; you won’t be able to pack the paint like teams normally do because her and Pao Pao can shoot.

Reaction Score
We

We Have atleast 10 mcdonald's all americans so the lineups will be fluent depending on the team we play. Plus coach staley already call fulwiley a 'generational talent'

Reaction Score
I don’t believe she is the type of player that will stay if she doesn’t get the minutes. I don’t think she will adhere to that “wait your turn” system like Amihere. —I hope she gets the minutes because I don’t think there’s ever been a guard as dynamic as her and a great shooter like her. I think she’s the answer to their stagnant offense; you won’t be able to pack the paint like teams normally do because her and Pao Pao can shoot.

I agree however she’s said plenty of times that she is fine with not playing much her first year but everyone knows she’s going to play. Like you said she’s too dynamic not to be. The question is how many minutes and will she be in when the game is tight? That remains to be seen but once she puts on more weight with Molly she could be an unstoppable force.

Reaction Score
The question is not merely how many “minutes” she gets. First ten games, she gets what she earns. I expect all minutes against Notre Dame to be “competitive minutes.” Those are valuable. First half minutes against Clem’s Son are valuable. Ten minutes of mop up against the urange are not. Utah will provide “ competitive” minutes for about three quarters. UCLA? UConn? LSU? If she plays in those games, I’ll be happy - and I expect her to play some.

I would rather see her get 10 competitive minutes per game than 20 mop up minutes.

She’ll get her fair shot at competing for competitive minutes. If she is happy, great. If she is unhappy, it’s up to her after that. She signed with the established USC of wbb - not the USCw (like someone who expects immediate pt.)

I trust Dawn.whether Lay trusts the system enough to have patience is less important than whether “ the train keeps a’rollin.” I pray she’ll be aboard for the whole ride, but roll on train regardless of individuals

Reaction Score
I agree however she’s said plenty of times that she is fine with not playing much her first year but everyone knows she’s going to play. Like you said she’s too dynamic not to be. The question is how many minutes and will she be in when the game is tight? That remains to be seen but once she puts on more weight with Molly she could be an unstoppable force.
I could be wrong as well because Dawn has done a fantastic job with keeping her talent even when they don’t get pt. The only ones I can think of that left and were top 15 hs AA were Kelsey Bone(who didn’t leave because of pt), Jatarie White, and Saniya Rivers. So she might stay even if she doesn’t get pt. I just don’t see it. —on another note, SC has been a pipeline for a lot of good recruits over the past few years and she’s kept them in state despite loaded rosters.

Reaction Score
I’m at Coker College today for an Elite camp that features the HS where I coach and Joyce Edwards’ Camden squad. Coincidentally we’ll be playing them in the first game. This isn’t the first time I’ve seen Joyce play but it will be the first time I get coach against her. Excited for the opportunity. I’ll give an update after.

Reaction Score
I’m at Coker College today for an Elite camp that features the HS where I coach and Joyce Edwards’ Camden squad. Coincidentally we’ll be playing them in the first game. This isn’t the first time I’ve seen Joyce play but it will be the first time I get coach against her. Excited for the opportunity. I’ll give an update after.
good luck

Reaction Score
I’m from Hartsville :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer