Ryan Dickens Article Critical of UConn Football | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Ryan Dickens Article Critical of UConn Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

FillTheRent

College football lives in Connecticut
Reaction Score
You know what, this is BS. Screw this kid and his whiny ass HS coach for turning this into some big sob story. If the media wants to make a story out of this, go bash Harbaugh or find any of the kids from the South who come from families of no means that get screwed over by this process. There was a damned coaching change and scheme change. This is so emblamatic of why Trump was so able to just tell America that the media is all biased liars.
At first I was a little sympathetic. Not anymore. The only reason the kid and his family went to the media was to try and slander UCONN. He got his feelings hurt so his mommy and daddy lash out and try to hurt UCONN by going to the New Jersey media. No sympathy left. Next...

Reaction Score
This kid and his family realize this stuff happens all the time right? Privileged family I am going to assume...

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
Business is business and that's all this was. People get stepped on, and over, every day in both business and sports. Let us be the bad guys, let us be hated by the media. Its all fuel on the fire at this point. Go ahead and put our name back in the headlines. With all the crap that's gone on in college football (Baylor, Penn State, etc.) we're gonna get hammered for not holding commitment to a recruit after a wholesale staff change? C'mon with that garbage.

Reaction Score
At first I was a little sympathetic. Not anymore. The only reason the kid and his family went to the media was to try and slander UCONN. He got his feelings hurt so his mommy and daddy lash out and try to hurt UCONN by going to the New Jersey media. No sympathy left. Next...

If you're the URI coach, you really want this kid? When you tell him you can't make him stay on campus over the summer but he really, reallly needs to if he expects playing time, do you think that is going to end well for you?

We're UConn. There is no reason to take this ridiculous slander lying down. Those of you who tweet -- it's time to tween the URIne coach and ask him why he would open himself up for this kind of trouble by taking this kid.

Wah wah -- Fitton parents crying that they can't say whatever they want without others fighting back.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
If you're the URI coach, you really want this kid? When you tell him you can't make him stay on campus over the summer but he really, reallly needs to if he expects playing time, do you think that is going to end well for you?

We're UConn. There is no reason to take this ridiculous slander lying down. Those of you who tweet -- it's time to tween the URIne coach and ask him why he would open himself up for this kind of trouble by taking this kid.

Wah wah -- Fitton parents crying that they can't say whatever they want without others fighting back.

THIS IS CAA FOOTBALL! THIS AINT INTRAMURALS, ITS THE CAA!

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This is press we don't want or need in a prime recruiting area. This is a mistake based solely on the press it's receiving. It may affect future recruiting in NJ.

What we've been doing led by passive betas has certainly been a winner so far.

Reaction Score
This is press we don't want or need in a prime recruiting area. This is a mistake based solely on the press it's receiving. It may affect future recruiting in NJ.
So we should keep a kid who barely can get an FCS offer on our roster for 4-5 years with a scholarship because it might garner a day's worth of press if we drop his scholarship while staying far within the bounds of NCAA rules?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
This has been the best thing that has happened to our fanbase's attitude in a long time.

The ridiculous backlash over something that happens every day seems to have finally made people angry.

Angry about being 3-9. Angry about being treated as though we aren't allowed to compete. Angry that we have had people trying to talk us into being satisfied competiting in recruiting against second tier FCS programs.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
This has been the best thing that has happened to our fanbase's attitude in a long time.

The ridiculous backlash over something that happens every day seems to have finally made people angry.

Angry about being 3-9. Angry about being treated as though we aren't allowed to compete. Angry that we have had people trying to talk us into being satisfied competiting in recruiting against second tier FCS programs.

lol, I was just thinking this. Long time since we had a unified "us against the world" type of sentiment around here

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Oh we aren't worthy to compete with Rutgers, Syracuse and BC. They are going to go a combined 48-96 over the next 4 years.

But they will be getting beat by really good teams!

Reaction Score
Edsall gave him notice in early January, some coaches let the kid know in the spring or Summer and it will happen this year and none of it will end up in the news.

Reaction Score
I love it. We are back. F nj.com. F New Jersey. F Diaco F Finebaum. F Buster Olney. F the NCAA.
F 6 losing seasons led by losers.
Athletic Director Dave. Making UConn Football Great Again.

LMAO ... when I read this... was thinking the same thing... We're on our way back .
Tired of sitting in an empty stadium.

The young lad wants to be business major.... well College athletics is big Business.
Marketing 101 - you didn't ink and close the deal.
Sales 101 - you were selling and we weren't buying.

There are no trophies for participation.
With a 3.9 and your lack of size- you should be at Cornell, Princeton (in your backyard) or Yale.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
LMAO ... when I read this... was thinking the same thing... We're on our way back .
Tired of sitting in an empty stadium.

The young lad wants to be business major.... well College athletics is big Business.
Marketing 101 - you didn't ink and close the deal.
Sales 101 - you were selling and we weren't buying.

There are no trophies for participation.
With a 3.9 and your lack of size- you should be at Cornell, Princeton (in your backyard) or Yale.

I am sorry the kid had to be disappointed. He really does seem like a quality person and I have no doubt he'll be successful in life.

If he wants to play he's better off at another school. Why would you want to come sit on the bench here and get beat up in practice?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
let the fun begin...

Colin McEnroe is one of the biggest horses ever
A poormans attempt to be a writer/humorist
The ONLY paper he could ever write for is the birdcage liner leftist rag The Hartford Courant

BTW - what the hell was fired coach Diaco and his staff looking at? I've seen bigger LBs in the midget football league
I wish the kid luck but my Lord, go somewhere that you better fit in sizewise - and it probably won't be D1 (or whatever they call it now) but play and have fun

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Roy-Williams-Meme.jpg

Reaction Score
They're trying to go nuclear on us.
Twitter has been off the hook with this. Like I said, we will survive the story. This board should keep a low profile and not disparage the kid and his family. They're understandably upset, but this happens in recruiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom