Russell to... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Russell to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

stwainfan

Faithful LV Enthusiast
Reaction Score
Stwainfan. It is a very talented team. It will take time to develop them but Holly has surprised alot of fans including me. Good Luck .
This years team will have a year together. So that will help going into next year.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Yalls freshman are really talented, Russell and Tucker have one more season to play in High school so I can see them only going up from here!

Tucker won't play her senior season in High School because of her torn ACL. Keep up.

Reaction Score
If you are planning to continue to contribute to this forum, you will have to provide us with a TN dictionary. To us yankees, if we heard the word "yalls" we'd be thinking of a bunch of two masted sailboats.
I should'nt have to break out ANY type of dictionary to make grown people understand the word "YALL, YA'LL, You ALL" however you want to put it is at your discrection but me being from the south.....Ill stick with yall and STILL post on this board! Geesh.....grow up people!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
She could POSSIBLY play her second half of her senior season....so please...you "KEEP UP"

She had ACL surgery in mid-September. I would think Tenn fans wouldn't want her playing at all during her senior season. I'd be interested in reading a story where Jannah and or her father say that she may play in the second half of her HS season. Can you provide one? Thanks in advance.

Reaction Score
If I still had the link I sure wouldnt mind posting it for your personal satisfaction but I dont save articles to post them on a board a month later to satisfy a stranger....apologies!

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
If I still had the link I sure wouldnt mind posting it for your personal satisfaction but I dont save articles to post them on a board a month later to satisfy a stranger....apologies!

A simple "I didn't save the article" would have been both satisfying and sufficient. In any event, I recall reading a story in which Jannah's father said that the only serious damage was to her acl (a good thing) and that she was aiming to return to the court next summer at Tenn. That would make sense given that the minimum recovery period for torn acls is about 6 months.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

It's very rare that it takes less than 8 months for a player to come back from an ACL tear. Williams for Tennessee was a rare situation.

She had the surgery on October 19th. HS basketball is from November to March.

Half a season would be around January. That is only 3 months from her surgery.

Tucker and her father can say what they want coming back this year. It would take a miracle for that to happen.

So, don't bother looking for that article. She won't be improving her game for her freshman year at Tennessee as you stated earlier. Pay attention.

Reaction Score
I should'nt have to break out ANY type of dictionary to make grown people understand the word "YALL, YA'LL, You ALL" however you want to put it is at your discrection but me being from the south.....Ill stick with yall and STILL post on this board! Geesh.....grow up people!

Y'all OK...?

Reaction Score
Well thank you doggydaddy and UConnCat for your keen observations to my post....anyhow Yay Cedes to Tenn! :)

Reaction Score
A simple "I didn't save the article" would have been both satisfying and sufficient.

I would also point out that we have many visitors on this board who support other teams but are able to post politely, recognizing that this is a UConn board.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Well thank you doggydaddy and UConnCat for your keen observations to my post....anyhow Yay Cedes to Tenn! :)

I wish I could reply with a "right back atcha" with regard to the keen observation part but I can not. But as for Russell, I think Tenn fans have much to look forward to, including returning to the Final Four after missing out on the fun for several years. Enjoy.

Reaction Score
Im well aware this is a UCONN board....my first post here was giving praise to your freshman class especially Ms. Tuck, I simply was posting on a board and giving my opinion and then out comes the childish "Attack any poster who loves Tenn" people...like seriously thats so 2000's like leave that in the past...not EVERYONE thats a Tenn fan HATES UCONN....some people are just still stuck in the past i guess!

Reaction Score
I am surprised by Russell's pick. I thought she was going to pick L'ville. Going to be interesting to see how she develops at Tenn. Holly found her gem let's see how bright it shines!

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Im well aware this is a UCONN board....my first post here was giving praise to your freshman class especially Ms. Tuck, I simply was posting on a board and giving my opinion and then out comes the childish "Attack any poster who loves Tenn" people...like seriously thats so 2000's like leave that in the past...not EVERYONE thats a Tenn fan HATES UCONN....some people are just still stuck in the past i guess!

ICD, don't be discouraged. I've done my share of damage that I had to clean up...and the mods had to help clean up.

I'm excited to see Tennessee get some top talent. I think Davis will follow because she wants a chance to win and Russell increases that possibility greatly. I also think that Russell is not necessarily looking to be the star and that Davis could fill that role quite well.

I was always a Pat fan from way back. She WAS women's basketball for so long and all fans of the women's game owe her a debt of gratitude for helping make the women's game what it is today. If not for her I don't know how obscure the game would still be.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
She could POSSIBLY play her second half of her senior season....so please...you "KEEP UP"
Not likely and if she does not likely she will be anywhere near full speed. Keep up.

Reaction Score
ICD, don't be discouraged. I've done my share of damage that I had to clean up...and the mods had to help clean up.

I'm excited to see Tennessee get some top talent. I think Davis will follow because she wants a chance to win and Russell increases that possibility greatly. I also think that Russell is not necessarily looking to be the star and that Davis could fill that role quite well.

I was always a Pat fan from way back. She WAS women's basketball for so long and all fans of the women's game owe her a debt of gratitude for helping make the women's game what it is today. If not for her I don't know how obscure the game would still be.
Thank you ett....I really appreciate that, I do agree with you, Im happy Mercedes chose the Vols and I think Kaela will follow suit, Mercedes might not be the STAR of the team if Kaela comes around but she knows she will be the "Go To" post player! I would hope that others would be happy as well on this board cause I really believe if Tenn plays its cards right we can FINALLY AT LAST get back to the rivalry that captivated this nation UConn vs Tenn, and of course you cant downplay Baylor's role in elevating the game since Griner's arrival! :)

Reaction Score
Hakn a tshaynik if you must.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I would also point out that we have many visitors on this board who support other teams but are able to post politely,
And coherantly. But I guess we can't expect that of everyone. :cool:

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Not likely and if she does not likely she will be anywhere near full speed. Keep up.

Odyssey Sims tore her ACL in the high school playoffs (mid to late February) and was ready to start her career at Baylor in November. She was about 85% at that point so there is a slim chance that Tucker can play a portion of her senior year, although if I were a UT fan I would hope that she takes the entire season off to recover.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
There are Tenn fans that have posted here for a long time with very few issues on either side. Generally speaking, Boneyarders are quite open to intelligent discussion from all visitors, no matter which team they root for. Just a hint for getting along - sometimes it's wiser to let some comments pass or to figuratively bite your tongue when a snarky comment occurs to you. Think of it as visiting a stranger's home. You wouldn't go out of your way to point out errors or less than hospitable tones of voice there; using the same rules of civil society apply here as well.

And Boneyarders, it's not always necessary to slap down newbies that defy whatever rules you've set for visitors' behavior. We need to be good hosts, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ranon

Top Bottom