Rumors of your death | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rumors of your death

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Is the Seelbach still around? My impressions of Louisville were that I liked the downtown much more than the strip mall road leading out of town, but that the natives clearly did not. Oh, and taxis were very hard to come by.

Yup. It's now known as the Seelbach Hilton. Pretty wild joint, lol.

Driving corridors through Louisville are now - at least a main one - completely through forest. The downtown is increasingly vibrant, anchored by the new hoops home and hosting a ton of great foodie spots. Oh - and beer.:)

rathskeller-large.jpg

Reaction Score
As you know, I don;t get over here often, but I drink deep when I do.

Here's hoping we both share tons of success.

Reaction Score
Senore, my daughter spent a year teaching in Louisville in '09-'10, and absolutely loved it. If she hadn't missed family so much, she'd still be there. I had the opportunity to go visit her in conjunction with UConn's final visit to Freedom Hall, and, although the result was very painful from a UConn perspective, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The people seated around us were obviously pro-Cards, but went out of their way to make us feel welcome. Of course it's easy to be gracious when you're running the other team out of the building, but I felt they would have been just as much so had the score been the opposite. Was really glad to get a chance to see Freedom Hall for its nostalgia effect, and would love to get to the new place at some point. Great city, great campus, great fans.

Reaction Score
Yup. It's now known as the Seelbach Hilton. Pretty wild joint, lol.

Driving corridors through Louisville are now - at least a main one - completely through forest. The downtown is increasingly vibrant, anchored by the new hoops home and hosting a ton of great foodie spots. Oh - and beer.:)

View attachment 1726

Great to hear about the food. Outside the Seelbach, we walked a bit. Ended up at a Spaghetti Factory, not my favorite. Found Ethiopian the next night. loved the Seelbach, great jazz.

Reaction Score
I was really surprised you did well at Ramstein AFB vs. MSU. BTW, I've been there before--just an awesome Base and area of Germany. I was rooting for you guys to win...very hard to drop BE BB Pride.

Hopefully we can play both UL and UConn in some made for TV games in the out years. Good Luck as you reload under Ollie.

Reaction Score
I was really surprised you did well at Ramstein AFB vs. MSU. BTW, I've been there before--just an awesome Base and area of Germany. I was rooting for you guys to win...very hard to drop BE BB Pride.

Hopefully we can play both UL and UConn in some made for TV games in the out years. Good Luck as you reload under Ollie.

One of the Cuse fans who go against the general perception.......thanks Mark. They played well and looked pretty good at times........would suck if these teams just never played after this year so hopefully it happens and I believe ESPN and CBS will want those games bad enough to make these programs put a series together!!......Haven't seen you guys yet but hear your trotting out a big long lineup with some great athleticism.........should be a good year........

Reaction Score
Well you know my feelings...I hope these are conference games in the future...with that said...

No reason Cuse/UConn can't continue like other big national OOC matchups. I see either GTown or UConn becoming a yearly thing. SJU might become an annual MSG game--makes no sense to me to play a home n home with them. Not sure we'll have room for all three rivals + L'ville...we do tend to like to load up patsies in Nov/Dec. Nova is in good shape to get a series just due to geography (we recruit Philly hard)...I think the fans prefer: GTown/UConn annual home n home, SJU annual at MSG...then a dropoff to LVille and then Nova. After that no real desire to keep playing any BE teams in series.

From my perspective a 3 game series 1-1-1 with the 3rd game at MSG would be awesome with UConn. Split the garden in half.

As for our Aircraft Carrier game...it just wasn't basketball the wind took away the outside shot...but it hurt SDSU more than us. Glad we played it but I think this fad will pass (Games on boats) due to the issue of mother nature. I loved the idea of a game at Ramstein annually though.

For Cuse: The zone has a chance to be just as nasty as last year. RSFr Cooney is our outside threat we needed last year. As you know upperclassmen leadership is important along with staying drama free...we'll see. I think we are fairly rated at about #5-10 right now.

I love going to the ACC for the academic cachet, football, olympic sports and lacrosse (football: better tailgating, tradition + brands, more on campus stadiums, more $$$, better TV slots) but basketball is pretty much meh after UNC/Duke...MD and NCSt will amp up Cuse fans some but no one else at this point in time. If a Cuse fan tells you he won't miss BE basketball he is lying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom