Rumor: Warde Manuel- Virginia Tech AD Finalist | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Rumor: Warde Manuel- Virginia Tech AD Finalist

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
He is the most competent AD we've had since Lou. No question.

Lol, there's only been one in between and being better than him doesn't say much.

Reaction Score
and 104 places ahead of Louisville...

Yep...and a bunch ahead of FSU....

Both Louisville and FSU winning NC's may validate that athletic competence and academic ranking do not have much of a positive correlation...

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Yep...and a bunch ahead of FSU....

Both Louisville and FSU winning NC's may validate that athletic competence and academic ranking do not have much of a positive correlation...

Who ever said they did?

Pretty much the only conferences that ever said much about academics were the Big10 and ACC.

Sane people realize Georgia tech doesn't become less of a school because they play Louisville in sports. It's just the fact the ACC acted above this for so long that by taking Louisville it just shows how full ot it they were.

Reaction Score
Who ever said they did?

Pretty much the only conferences that ever said much about academics were the Big10 and ACC.

Sane people realize Georgia tech doesn't become less of a school because they play Louisville in sports. It's just the fact the ACC acted above this for so long that by taking Louisville it just shows how full ot it they were.

And, Carolina was the most full of it.

Reaction Score
Looks like it will be Babcock. I seriously hate this right now. I am trying to enjoy what has turned out to be a great basketball season and now we've very well could have another guy leaving UC. F&ck this stupid conference. It is going to ruin Cincinnati and UConn...

collegead4:32pm via Web
Whit Babcock @GoBEARCATS is the top Vtech AD candidate. Other news sources now reporting what we told you Wednesday!collegead.org/athletic-direc…
  • January 24th, 2014—Sources have confirmed that Cincinnati director of athletics Whit Babcock will be named to the same position at Virginia Tech. An announcement on Babcock is expected Monday.

Reaction Score
collegead4:32pm via Web
Whit Babcock @GoBEARCATS is the top Vtech AD candidate. Other news sources now reporting what we told you Wednesday!collegead.org/athletic-direc…

• [ ]January 24th, 2014—Sources have confirmed that Cincinnati director of athletics Whit Babcock will be named to the same position at Virginia Tech. An announcement on Babcock is expected Monday.

Wasn't Whit Babcock mentioned in the original blog post the other day? Maybe that writer did have some sources after all.

Reaction Score
Wasn't Whit Babcock mentioned in the original blog post the other day? Maybe that writer did have some sources after all.

One of names tossed out on the radio show that started this...

I think it was an reasoned educated guess as opposed to a "source" but who knows...

NBCdiannaJan 23, 10:50am via Twitter for iPhone
Strong Source "Virginia Tech or anyone associated with Hokies has NOT reached out to UConn's Warde Manuel about AD job. All rumors" #UConn

Reaction Score
The only media person to pay attention to when it comes to the B1G is Teddy Greenstein from the Chicago Tribune. He is wired into the B1G HQ in Chicago.

When Teddy says UConn is going to the B1G it's time to start the party
I've read a little of his earlier stuff and he's a real arrogant old fashioned B1G traditionalist who wanted the B1G to stay out of the east. It was grow or wilt IMO! Thankfully no one much listened or cared about his opinion in the B1G office and now the B1G has an eastern presense which is "contiginous" to UConn! I think recently he's(TGreenstein) finally come to grips w/reality.

Reaction Score
No doubt, UConn would be the most beneficial add to the ACC. They may have been the most beneficial add the last two rounds as well, but it didn't happen. But I think you are probably right, FSU used its leverage and UNC/UVa/Duke will get their way the next time. None of the possible candidates are peer schools to UNC/UVa except UConn. It would be hard to see them going with anyone else.

What do you think of the relaxation of championship rules/divisional structure Swofford is pushing for? Opening up a 15-school football league? Do you think that will bring about an invitation to UConn?
Lets hope it does so the BiG and Delany can swoop down immediately like a SWAT team with an invite and WE can turn them down for a change!!!

Reaction Score
I've read a little of his earlier stuff and he's a real arrogant old fashioned B1G traditionalist who wanted the B1G to stay out of the east. It was grow or wilt IMO! Thankfully no one much listened or cared about his opinion in the B1G office and now the B1G has an eastern presense which is "contiginous" to UConn! I think recently he's(TGreenstein) finally come to grips w/reality.

Not correct.

Teddy was on Rutgers back 2010. http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...tic-center-big-ten-network-penn-state-Rutgers

He is plugged into the B1G HQ and nearly everything he writes regarding the conference comes to fruition

Reaction Score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22