Rumor of BC Game At Gillette | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Rumor of BC Game At Gillette

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
HartfordHank said:
Gee what about that Co-Championship in 2007? Are you no longer proud of that Co-Championship?

They seemed pretty proud of it when they presented the trophy during halftime of a basketball game! http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/120607aaa.html

I'm not even sure why I'm bothering to respond, but while gladly putting up the banners, no one at UConn will claim we were the best team that year. I can't imagine how much twisting someone needs to do to celebrate a 4 way tie in a 6 team league and feel under appreciated for it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
BCU won't agree to the game because it's not in their interest to do so. It only has downside for them. I get that. It's a shame but I get it.

Now if we bundle some hoops games with it, it becomes more attractive, but they still won't do it. Being thumped by Connecticut would be another sign of their irrelevance.

Reaction Score
What makes you think that BC - UConn would be a sellout at Gillette? Both teams season ticket bases don't fill Gillette combined. So in addition to every season ticket holder at each school you are going to get another 15,000 people?
In what world do you think only season ticket holders would be going to this game?
UConn fans hate BC. UConn would easily bring 30-40K fans, I have no doubt about it. Maybe more.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
BCU won't agree to the game because it's not in their interest to do so. It only has downside for them. I get that. It's a shame but I get it.

Now if we bundle some hoops games with it, it becomes more attractive, but they still won't do it. Being thumped by Connecticut would be another sign of their irrelevance.
If they think we are an also-ran easy matchup, then why not take the win and pad their schedule? Unless they are scared.

Reaction Score
Boston College was the bridesmaid to all the Eastern Independents and BE teams. Sure, Syracuse is close to them but they had bigger fish in Penn State and West Virginia. Tech's big rival was Virginia(OOC) and West Virginia. And about the only time the Mountaineers thought it was a rivalry was when they beat Doug Flutie 4 straight years.

Perhaps they should schedule a 10 game series with Temple... the fan support at both schools deserve each other.

Reaction Score
Diamond Ferri, my favorite Cuse player for keeping BC out of BCS. My favorite sign in Alumni that day "Can't spell BCS with out BC" held by some pimply faced silly Angry chicken super fan. If you have to self proclaim as super fans, you really probably aren't.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
How is BC a "natural rival" ? Because of location only ?

BC has stronger natural rivalries with ND, Cuse, and VT than anything with uconn. The teams have barely played in the past and when they have, the games have been one sided.

As for the Gillette idea, wouldn't count on it, makes no sense from BCs perspective.

dislike.jpg

Reaction Score
Man I forgot how much I like to read a BCU thread on the Boneyard.

Awesome!

Reaction Score
How dare you call Richard Blumenthal's crowning achievement a joke! If I were you I'd get on the phone with a good lawyer. You may need one after he finds out about this.

Dude, this is just so lame. Your mother trolls harder.

Reaction Score
Trying to get this thread back on topic, last winter I reported that I heard that UConn and "the school that will not be named" were actively talking about a series that would be 1 at the Rent, 2 away, and 1 at Gillette with a 50/50 ticket split. Asked about this yesterday and was told it is still alive. This Gillette rumor may be part of that.

Reaction Score
Trying to get this thread back on topic, last winter I reported that I heard that UConn and "the school that will not be named" were actively talking about a series that would be 1 at the Rent, 2 away, and 1 at Gillette with a 50/50 ticket split. Asked about this yesterday and was told it is still alive. This Gillette rumor may be part of that.

Hi John. Not saying you are right or wrong; only that there is not a peep anywhere within the BC community about such a series. If this were true - and it had gotten to the point where it was being discussed by Uconn players themselves, then it would seem that there would be some news on this from the BC side - and there hasn't been.

Unlike what many felt about his predecessor, B. Bates has been very attentive to the BC fanbase. The move to start such a series would not be occurring without him first throwing out trial ballons to judge the reaction of the BC fanbase.

I think eventually the two teams will play each other again. But, honestly, I tend to doubt this will occur in the next 10 years.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
He should send out a trial balloon to see if he can find a BC fan base.

I haven't heard a peep about a series between the two schools.

Reaction Score
Hi John. Not saying you are right or wrong; only that there is not a peep anywhere within the BC community about such a series. If this were true - and it had gotten to the point where it was being discussed by Uconn players themselves, then it would seem that there would be some news on this from the BC side - and there hasn't been.

Unlike what many felt about his predecessor, B. Bates has been very attentive to the BC fanbase. The move to start such a series would not be occurring without him first throwing out trial ballons to judge the reaction of the BC fanbase.

I think eventually the two teams will play each other again. But, honestly, I tend to doubt this will occur in the next 10 years.

Reach out to the BC fanbase = activate the phone tree.

Reaction Score

Which only means that BC will wait until UConn drops football to play. Got it.

F BC

Reaction Score
Three things have happen before UCONN and BC play:

1) BC has to play a whole bunch more mediocre football that no one cares about.
2) Some with an ounce of business sence needs to be in a leadership position at BC.
3) With regards to that leadership......it will need to grow a set of balls.

Reaction Score
Tell Jordan Todman we don't compete for the same recruits.

As moronic as it was for Flipper to open his mouth, he understands that the only way to keep UConn from taking over is to keep UConn in the AAC.

F BC and all 3 of their fans.

Reaction Score
Munster, you seem extremely upset about that "annoying little sister" comment. We really dont think all you BC'ers are annoying little sisters with red hair and freckles. Can you tell us how you feel about moving to the ACC without us? That has worked out real well for you guys. Facts are facts, rings are rings, and jealousy is jealousy...and Flutie is "Short" and the insecurity of your post will help me sleep great tonight...thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom