Rumor---NBC will pay $20-24 million per year to ND (contract renewal) | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Rumor---NBC will pay $20-24 million per year to ND (contract renewal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Actually, I should be careful about what I just said pertaining to Providence. They did just have a pretty sweet recruiting class, when they grabbed Kris Dunn (I thought we would get him; #1 point guard in the class, #16 overall) and Ricardo Ledo (#2 shooting guard, #6 national), along with two other 3-star prospects. They could also be scary good in a year or two...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Who doesn't ever sniff the Top 25? Seton Hall or Memphis? Seton Hall was ranked 23rd in January before they fell out of the top 25, and Memphis was as high as 8th in November. Or are you talking about Providence, Rutgers, and St. John's. If you are talking about them, then yes, I agree that the days of God Shammgod are over. St. John's, however....do not be surprised to see them back in the next two years. Lavin is a hell of a coach, and he has that city starting to get excited about St. John's again (which is dangerous). If he wasn't sick this past year, I think things may have shaken out a little differently for that team.

Seton Hall, SJU, Depaul, Providence, Rutgers. Yeah I know SHU was decent this year and SJU is recruiting like crazy. I wasn't referring to Memphis.

Again sort of the point. No reason SJU should have been this bad this long. I hope SJU does get better, it's good for league.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Actually, I should be careful about what I just said pertaining to Providence. They did just have a pretty sweet recruiting class, when they grabbed Kris Dunn (I thought we would get him; #1 point guard in the class, #16 overall) and Ricardo Ledo (#2 shooting guard, #6 national), along with two other 3-star prospects. They could also be scary good in a year or two...

I'll believe Providence is good when they are good. The problem with a couple of huge gets is you need a constant pipeline to play that game. One player can't win in the league (i.e Melvin) and if you don't have a constant flow they are gone for the NBA before you know it.... Like at St. John's.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I'll believe Providence is good when they are good. The problem with a couple of huge gets is you need a constant pipeline to play that game. One player can't win in the league (i.e Melvin) and if you don't have a constant flow they are gone for the NBA before you know it.... Like at St. John's.

I think that St. John's was a very good team when Jarvis was at the helm. When Roberts took over, I think they lost a lot. Now that Lavin is at the helm, I'm guessing they will be back to being a dangerous team. St. John's has always been able to get a couple of good players from NYC to stay home, no matter what. Also, Providence won't just be 1 player. Like I mentioned, they have 2 very high profile players in their recruiting class, along with two other high quality players:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/connecticut/basketball/recruiting/commitments/2012/providence-636

I think that they will have a return to the limelight. I think that the Big East will not lose very much after it is all said and done. Sure, it is going to hurt to lose Cuse. Anyone who thinks differently isn't being honest with themselves. And Pitt too; they have been good for us for about a good 15 years. WVU was a solid program, but I think that they are replaced by Temple. If Memphis can replace Pitt, and if the other teams like Providence and Seton Hall can continue to getting back to winning, I think the Big East will still be in the top 2 leagues in the country, possibly number 1 again.

By the way, check out Houston's new recruiting class! Big East "up-tick"??

http://rivals.yahoo.com/connecticut/basketball/recruiting/commitments/2012/houston-80

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think that St. John's was a very good team when Jarvis was at the helm. When Roberts took over, I think they lost a lot. Now that Lavin is at the helm, I'm guessing they will be back to being a dangerous team. St. John's has always been able to get a couple of good players from NYC to stay home, no matter what. Also, Providence won't just be 1 player. Like I mentioned, they have 2 very high profile players in their recruiting class, along with two other high quality players:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/connecticut/basketball/recruiting/commitments/2012/providence-636

I think that they will have a return to the limelight. I think that the Big East will not lose very much after it is all said and done. Sure, it is going to hurt to lose Cuse. Anyone who thinks differently isn't being honest with themselves. And Pitt too; they have been good for us for about a good 15 years. WVU was a solid program, but I think that they are replaced by Temple. If Memphis can replace Pitt, and if the other teams like Providence and Seton Hall can continue to getting back to winning, I think the Big East will still be in the top 2 leagues in the country, possibly number 1 again.

By the way, check out Houston's new recruiting class! Big East "up-tick"??

http://rivals.yahoo.com/connecticut/basketball/recruiting/commitments/2012/houston-80

I guess I don't put as much faith in recruiting ratings - I don't just assume Providence will have two really good players based on that.

I hope Houston has an uptick - when you are 70 slots behind Quinnipiac
in the computers and have to jump to Big East you better get some players stat.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
I guess I don't put as much faith in recruiting ratings - I don't just assume Providence will have two really good players based on that.

I hope Houston has an uptick - when you are 70 slots behind Quinnipiac
in the computers and have to jump to Big East you better get some players stat.

Well, I'm giving Providence's class a lot more credence based on the fact that we were really trying hard to get one of their players (Dunn). Also, it isn't like Houston hasn't had basketball success in that city before. Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying that Clyde Drexler is going to come back with Phi Slamma Jamma and all that, but I'm sure they're going to get back to winning ways there very soon. Based on that recruiting list, perhaps sooner than I thought.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Well, I'm giving Providence's class a lot more credence based on the fact that we were really trying hard to get one of their players (Dunn). Also, it isn't like Houston hasn't had basketball success in that city before. Don't get me wrong; I'm not saying that Clyde Drexler is going to come back with Phi Slamma Jamma and all that, but I'm sure they're going to get back to winning ways there very soon. Based on that recruiting list, perhaps sooner than I thought.

Why are you sure Houston is going to be back to their winning ways? One improved class? In short they have sucked - you don't finish 200 in the Pomeroys by accident.

Reaction Score
Houston returns their top 3 scorers, two of them were freshmen. They had an excellent recruiting year landing two 4 stars recruits and two JC's. When Houston begins playing in the BE they will have BE talent on their team. They will hold their own in two years. Houston BB is on the up swing.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
uconn/lville/cincy can hold down the bball fort up top for national perception. memphis joins this group.

usf/ucf/ruty/uh/smu are all on the rise. maybe smu is a reach but it seems like they are going for it. temple is at the begining of this group.

prov/shu are not worth jack to this league. i actually wish we spilt and while nova/gt/sju/marq/dep are value members i dont want bball onlys.

sdsu is rising fast and is quality now and bsu is actually improving also which is crazy. i want 16/18/20 all sports so a byu type or a unr/unlv would also be great bball. this league is fine without the bball onlys. it cleans the pac12s/a10 clock. its depending on year one of the big 4 with acc/sec/b12/b10 for the top 5. NOT WORRIED about bball and u guys shouldnt be either. if for some crazy reason the bball league the bed we are uconn, we make some calls and load up ooc games until we find a good home for our sports.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I'd say this about sums up the last 100 posts.

Cuse, Pitt, Wvu >> Memphis, Temple, Houston >> PC, SH, DePaul.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
Houston returns their top 3 scorers, two of them were freshmen. They had an excellent recruiting year landing two 4 stars recruits and two JC's. When Houston begins playing in the BE they will have BE talent on their team. They will hold their own in two years. Houston BB is on the up swing.

This. +1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22