Rumor..Mustapha Heron considering transferring | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Rumor..Mustapha Heron considering transferring

Reaction Score
Yet people are leaving the state at a faster rate than almost anywhere else in the country. I moved a while ago and would never live in CT again.

Well 7 of the top 7 states for population density are still in the Northeast. I moved to San Diego in 2011 and moved back to CT in 2014. I wouldn't live in state outside of New England ever again.

Reaction Score
I do not think so,but was DD? Probably end up in the D league or Europe. Kid has talent
NBADraft.net (one of the better but sort of undervalued sites) has him 34th in 2018. I think he'd get drafted if he left this year, but likely get stashed in Europe/China/Australia for a year before hitting the D league. I could see him leaving this year. The D league is looking better and better every year.

Reaction Score
In my area around Buffalo, people are leaving in droves. And yet the housing values are rising. This tells me the people coming in are buying more house than the people moving out. Maybe people leave Connecticut because the of the million dollar ranch houses in Westport.
Come on Upstater...your're usually the voice of reason. The reason housing prices are rising has nothing to do with the net out flow of residents. In this case it entirely due to the lack of housing inventory...when demand exceeds supply etc. People have been leaving both Buffalo and CT for that matter, for many years. Upstate NY much longer than CT.

Reaction Score
Yet people are leaving the state at a faster rate than almost anywhere else in the country. I moved a while ago and would never live in CT again.

The population of Fairfield County is rising. I live here, I like it and I commute to NYC.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I am asking around and hearing some nba talk more then transfering talk

Sitting out a year makes no sense for a kid who wants to get out of school sooner rather than later.

He's a fringe second-round/undrafted type this year - my strong hunch is that he stays at Auburn and bounces to the NBA next year.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
The Supper Club was pretty cool when I was out there.

Heard that was shut down.
Yeah they tore it down a year ago. This town is a garbage conservative town filled with less to do than Storrs.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Less to do than Storrs? Yikes.
On the surface it seems like there's more, there's a cool little downtown and actually like...a town around campus.

But maybe I feel like that because I'm 6 years out of UConn. The UConn campus seemed to be more bustling and the party scene was way better. All the kids here go to the same 3 bars, minus house/apartment parties. UConn forcing itself to have an identity by being the only thing for miles makes it a way cooler campus.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Typical sports fans. Herron doesn't give uconn a first second or third look in initial recruiting. Tons of posters talk about problems and under the table cash in his camp and we trash kid for not considering us .

Now?

" sign him up. Hes a winner"

Nothing like a losing season and a bunch of transfers to promote memory loss and the grace of divine forgiveness.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
On the surface it seems like there's more, there's a cool little downtown and actually like...a town around campus.

But maybe I feel like that because I'm 6 years out of UConn. The UConn campus seemed to be more bustling and the party scene was way better. All the kids here go to the same 3 bars, minus house/apartment parties. UConn forcing itself to have an identity by being the only thing for miles makes it a way cooler campus.
Let me introduce you to:

Huskies, Ted's and whatever Thirsties is now called I believe The Tavern or whatever.

3 bars, about 1000 square feet combined between the three. And roughly 22,000 undergrad students within a mile.

Welcome to Storrs.

Reaction Score
Huskies moved into where Thirsties was. They also opened a tiny place called Huskies Tavern in the same complex. Their old building is empty and likely being torn down. So now significantly less square footage at the bars.

Reaction Score
Let me introduce you to:

Huskies, Ted's and whatever Thirsties is now called I believe The Tavern or whatever.

3 bars, about 1000 square feet combined between the three. And roughly 22,000 undergrad students within a mile.

Welcome to Storrs.

He said he went to UConn, what do you think you are introducing him to?

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
The town of Auburn... where he lives and made the original comment comparing it to Storrs. I'd say the night life for students at almost every SEC school is superior to what Storrs has currently especially with the administration's recent efforts.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Thank you. I'm very aware of the bar scene at UConn.

Auburn has Sky Bar and Quixotes. And the bar scene is the only scene.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Well 7 of the top 7 states for population density are still in the Northeast. I moved to San Diego in 2011 and moved back to CT in 2014. I wouldn't live in state outside of New England ever again.

You moved from San Diego to Connecticut?

There's something not right in your head.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
The town of Auburn... where he lives and made the original comment comparing it to Storrs. I'd say the night life for students at almost every SEC school is superior to what Storrs has currently especially with the administration's recent efforts.
The nightlife in Auburn is garbage.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I've started listening to the Clay Travis show on XM83 in the morning.

He had a segment a few weeks ago saying the best life experience has to be the life of an SEC quarterback in college. He said the most depressing 12 days of the year are the game days. The other days of the year are like living every kids fantasy. Because whatever your fantasy is, it can and will be fulfilled.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Well to be fair - 5 of the top 7 in population density are 5 of the 6 smallest states (the other being Hawaii). Tiny states are pretty easy to populate densely particularly when they are really freakin small and established first. I'd be more interested in seeing how their density has changed compared to other states since the general availability of air conditioning which is the most important technology advance in terms of population migration in the US.

Reaction Score
IF Heron transfers, UConn IS NOT a possible landing spot. End of story. He's a good kid, who will be successful on or off the court. I wish him the best.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom