Rumor from CSNBBS Conference Realignment board | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Rumor from CSNBBS Conference Realignment board

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Regardless of whether or not an ounce of this story is true, our collective responses to it have shown that UConn DOES have value!!! Yeah, most of us are thinking, "How are we going to get kicked in the nuts this time," but the reality is that many of our programs are top-notch and we have a faithful following with a supportive state government and a good partner in SNY. All of that is combining to give this story at least a small bit of credibility. You couldn't bull$#it this story in front of a Temple audience and have it stick. There's a reason for that. We're champions.

We're coming back, ladies and gents. We're coming back... :cool:

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Btw guys, HPV3 had this 3 days ago. So you know it's true.

Reaction Score
There's two points that makes me doubt the veracity of this :

- Generally speaking the Pac-12 doesn't play OOC games in Oct/Nov outside of the ND games and I'm not aware of any plans to do so.
- What would be the selling point for UMD/Penn State/Rutgers to get them to agree to the arrangement if it's an even home/away deal? I can see how this would benefit UConn but wouldn't that eat into Rutger's dreams of dominating NYC?

Anyway, interesting scenario and I think the Big East + 4 way alliance between BYU, Cinci, Uconn, and Boise can work.

Reaction Score
Back to reality. It was a nice break, thanks for that, HFD. Wherever you are. Two years ago I'd have bet the farm we were going to the ACC.

Reaction Score
It is definitely HFD. However, other than the dead give away misspelling of Boise as "Bosie", it was very well written for HFD. Just goes to show that Dan really is smart and he really does have great ideas, as I've said for months. Unfortunately, he goes off the rails too often to be taken seriously. I wish the guy was working in Storrs right now.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
4 things:

Pretty sure that is the same guy and I did run him off. In my defense, he went a little Internet stalker on me.

This would be awesome if true. Despite, not knowing the difference between a ratings point and total viewers, that guy mostly got it right 18 months ago about the ACC and ND.

Pretty sure another poster on this board thought that UConn would be better off in the Big East for hoops and Independent. That would be me.

If this starts to happen, I think the ACC will stop it and invite us. The last thing the ACC wants is dinky UConn viable as an independent. If UConn could get even $15 million, imagine what FSU could do on their own.

I hope it's the same guy, but the FromTheInside that posted here used perfect grammar and punctuation and that post is a mess.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I read the original post and stopped there because I'm afraid to come across too many Negative Nancy's debunking this. In fact, I might just go to bed right now convinced that UCONN is working the back channels and that our 2015 schedule will have LSU, Stanford, Penn State, and BYU on it.

Reaction Score
I hope it's the same guy, but the FromTheInside that posted here used perfect grammar and punctuation and that post is a mess.

Lol. If that post is a mess, what do you call HFD's normal posts?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Lol. If that post is a mess, what do you call HFD's normal posts?

I have no idea if it is HFD. I highly doubt - he couldn't string together a coherent thought that long.

Reaction Score
"Bosie" over and over? Temple to the ACC? It's Dan, no doubt in my mind.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
This is the part where I say the rumor has no basis in fact and then five people accuse me of being too negative.
Lighten up curmudgeon.

Reaction Score
It is definitely HFD. However, other than the dead give away misspelling of Boise as "Bosie", it was very well written for HFD. Just goes to show that Dan really is smart and he really does have great ideas, as I've said for months. Unfortunately, he goes off the rails too often to be taken seriously. I wish the guy was working in Storrs right now.
Maybe he is hoop, maybe he is

Reaction Score
This is the part where I say the rumor has no basis in fact and then five people accuse me of being too negative.
Yeah, I have a sneaky feeling that HfD paid an editor his monthly allowance before making that post.

Reaction Score

I'm pretty sure there aren't 5 people left that believe this fantasy is for real.

When you are this late to the party all we can give you is a "thanks for playing".

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score

Why can't you let us have dreams?

Reaction Score
All hail the FABULIST! Dead Athletic Program Walking

Reaction Score
This post pretty much sums it up over there, I hate to admit:

I believe this is called the "Bargaining" stage. Next up is Depression.

Reaction Score
Incredible idea...absolutely loving it. My guess, this leak is coming from an SNY insider. To push this along, SNY people have to be providing some help on the valuation. Just a fun guess, not that it matters.
If this is anywhere close to a truism I will have to switch to a TV provider that carries SNY. I really like DISH but not that much. They seem to be saying that the Wilpons want too much money from them/us. So they are doing us a favor by saving us money while on the other hand they put so much unwatchable crap on their normal packaged programming. Luckily I have season tickets for football otherwise I would have jumped long ago.

Reaction Score
If this is anywhere close to a truism I will have to switch to a TV provider that carries SNY. I really like DISH but not that much. They seem to be saying that the Wilpons want too much money from them/us. So they are doing us a favor by saving us money while on the other hand they put so much unwatchable crap on their normal packaged programming. Luckily I have season tickets for football otherwise I would have jumped long ago.

Late to the party. Debunked as HFD. Ah the highs and lows.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Even if it isn't Dan, it's an unsourced message board post. Not much to hang your hopes on. Still, I enjoyed the ride.

Reaction Score
At this point, I will take this as a possibility. Anything that can put UConn at a better position is a good thing. UConn would be wise to explore the SNY relationship and see where it takes us. It would be nuts to accept the AAC fate as the status quo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom