OT: - Roy Williams retires | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Roy Williams retires

arch

Reaction Score
Report from nbc sports Boston says he’s gone.

Reaction Score
You offer everything to Stevens, Few, Donovan. You probably get turned down by all three but it's certainly something they would think about. This is North Carolina which is the best job in the business IMO, it's too big to offer it to someone in the family who doesn't have the resume.

Reaction Score
According to Stephen A. Smith- LeVelle Moton, Jerry Stackhouse, and Hubert Davis. Lol.
Can’t be right (obviously), but very on brand.

Oats would be good, but expensive and probably has a large buyout. Wes Miller from UNCG can flat out coach and UNC will always recruit. I think blue bloods always want the big name, but Miller would be good hire.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I cant imagine it is much fun coaching Men's college basketball with the one and done and not being able to build the team over multiple years.

conn4>cuse1

Zone Is For Cowards
Reaction Score
Pitino
I could see it. Very realistic and we all know that he was looking the whole world in the eyes and lying when he said he was done with the big time schools

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
just started reading the thread so apologies if someone else responded. It ain't an April Fool's joke unless ESPN is in on it.
I posted that a while before ESPN picked up the news.

Reaction Score
Maybe the NCAA is about to drop a long overdue hammer and Roy knows it.....
that was a big reason why Calipari, who I don't hate, but many on this board do, left UMass for the NBA besides the money and all that. I remember him saying in an interview with Dick Vitale in 1996 that he had no intentions of moving out of Amherst as his wife loves the area and that he liked the school system for his kids. Then voila, he moved on after the FF appearance, and that season was vacated for UMass. He might have known the crackdown on the Marcus Camby/agent issues was coming. This is speculation, but it just seems too coincidental.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom