Rotten Tomatoes Eliminates Want to See Score | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rotten Tomatoes Eliminates Want to See Score

Reaction Score
We already bought tickets to take my daughter and a friend. Not sure what the controversy is. The movie will be fine. Rotten Tomatoes said what they did had nothing to do with Captain Marvel.

My main concern is that any use of time travel or manipulation can be a huge movie making cop-out unless there are clear limits on how it can be used. Otherwise it is essentially infinite power.

You don't actually take their word at face value on that do you? The timing of it is just too suspicious to think that someone didn't apply some pressure to them to take this action.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You don't actually take their word at face value on that do you? The timing of it is just too suspicious to think that someone didn't apply some pressure to them to take this action.

I read their statement on it. It seems clear that it was a cumulative effect of people essentially spamming movies prior to release. Happened to several of them. It wasn't because Disney told them to. Internet trolls were ruining the experience of actual users. Negative post release reviews are still being posted.

Reaction Score
I read their statement on it. It seems clear that it was a cumulative effect of people essentially spamming movies prior to release. Happened to several of them. It wasn't because Disney told them to. Internet trolls were ruining the experience of actual users. Negative post release reviews are still being posted.

I love the "internet troll" excuses. As if people who log in and tell you that some movie is "the greatest movie ever and you MUST see it" aren't "trolls' as well. I'm sorry, but this comes on the heels of Marvel rolling Brie Larson out to do some damage control interview and it all seems like it can't be a coincidence. They need this movie to have a big first weekend and I think they will do whatever they can do to help make that happen. I'll be very curious to see the audience scores and after release reviews before I make a decision on paying to see it or not.

Reaction Score
There's no doubt I will catch it with my daughter. Only question is whether I pay to see it in the theater. I won't even rent Solo, by the way. Disney has to make amends over Star Wars before I give them any more money on that score.
Solo didn't deserve the backlash it got. It was a perfectly good star wars film

Reaction Score

I don't know about "perfectly good", but it certainly wasn't the worst film ever as some made it out to be. It was ok, and when my kids and I watched it on Netflix we certainly never considered turning it off, etc. The thing is that with Star Wars or these Marvel movies, we want more than ok. We want something really cool that we want to see again or spend some time talking about after. This was like, "ok, not too bad, let's go outside and shoot some hoops".

This next Star Wars film needs to rekindle that spark somehow, and Marvel will need to somehow figure out how to set up the next ten years of their films after Endgame. I am curious to see how both franchises manage it.

Reaction Score
I don't know about "perfectly good", but it certainly wasn't the worst film ever as some made it out to be. It was ok, and when my kids and I watched it on Netflix we certainly never considered turning it off, etc. The thing is that with Star Wars or these Marvel movies, we want more than ok. We want something really cool that we want to see again or spend some time talking about after. This was like, "ok, not too bad, let's go outside and shoot some hoops".

This next Star Wars film needs to rekindle that spark somehow, and Marvel will need to somehow figure out how to set up the next ten years of their films after Endgame. I am curious to see how both franchises manage it.
Yeah I probably could have phrased it differently. It was a fine movie and if you wanted to watch all of the Star Wars movies, it wouldn't be worth skipping. It was better than all of the prequels.

I hope Endgame lives up to the hype. I'll worry about everything else after.

Reaction Score
Yeah I probably could have phrased it differently. It was a fine movie and if you wanted to watch all of the Star Wars movies, it wouldn't be worth skipping. It was better than all of the prequels.

I hope Endgame lives up to the hype. I'll worry about everything else after.

Endgame really needs to be a proper end to the Stark/Rogers Avengers era. If it ends up being some ridiculously overpowered Captain Marvel flying in to save the day, then it will really taint the story. I also think the next ten years of Marvel films aren't going to be received as well as the first ten because that character just isn't going to be able to carry the franchise like those guys have. In my opinion Disney/Marvel is taking a big risk by planning to have her lead the charge from here on out. This movie will have a big first weekend, probably a good second one too as it has zero competition to contend with. Then it will fall back some and we will see how it ends up, and we will see what the audience scores say about it. Time will ultimately tell how it works out from there, but I am skeptical.

Reaction Score

I'm sure the 10th Episode of the First Season of Law and Order: Special Timbuktu Detail was strong as well. At some point, after you destroy the brand, the backlash isn't just about the next episode.

Reaction Score
Endgame really needs to be a proper end to the Stark/Rogers Avengers era. If it ends up being some ridiculously overpowered Captain Marvel flying in to save the day, then it will really taint the story. I also think the next ten years of Marvel films aren't going to be received as well as the first ten because that character just isn't going to be able to carry the franchise like those guys have. In my opinion Disney/Marvel is taking a big risk by planning to have her lead the charge from here on out. This movie will have a big first weekend, probably a good second one too as it has zero competition to contend with. Then it will fall back some and we will see how it ends up, and we will see what the audience scores say about it. Time will ultimately tell how it works out from there, but I am skeptical.

Yeah I agree. Tony Stark/Robert Downey is a pretty awesome frontman. That will be tough to follow.

Reaction Score
Yeah I agree. Tony Stark/Robert Downey is a pretty awesome frontman. That will be tough to follow.

Yeah, and I also think the Iron man/Captain America dynamic is just going to be impossible to top. Two guys who both want the same things, but just have different ideas on how to get there. At the end of the day they always come together and make it work and I think that has been a huge part of this ten year run of the MCU. I just don't see who the hell they can turn to to come up with anything close to that. Maybe they will be able to use the X men and Fantastic Four properties to juice things up, but we have to see. I am extremely skeptical that they can make the FF work at any rate.

Reaction Score
Yeah, and I also think the Iron man/Captain America dynamic is just going to be impossible to top. Two guys who both want the same things, but just have different ideas on how to get there. At the end of the day they always come together and make it work and I think that has been a huge part of this ten year run of the MCU. I just don't see who the hell they can turn to to come up with anything close to that. Maybe they will be able to use the X men and Fantastic Four properties to juice things up, but we have to see. I am extremely skeptical that they can make the FF work at any rate.

I keep forgetting about Dr. Strange. He could pull it off. Surprisingly that worked for me. I also hope they keep Thor around, those movies are funny as well.

Reaction Score
I keep forgetting about Dr. Strange. He could pull it off. Surprisingly that worked for me. I also hope they keep Thor around, those movies are funny as well.

I have this feeling that Iron man/Captain America/Thor are not going away forever (if Thor even goes away at all). I feel like those guys may move on, but their characters may still be out there in the background, maybe doing other things. I could easily see a scenario where Stark and Rogers come together to deal with this whole accords thing by actually running it from the background. In Civil War, Cap was ready to sign off on it until he and Stark got into an argument. I could see War machine taking over the Iron man role, Winter Soldier picking up the shield, etc as part of a new Avengers team moving forward.

I can see those guys not wanting to do one movie after another anymore, but making appearances here and there? I could see that, and I hope that is how Marvel handles it as opposed to killing characters and eventually having to invent some way to resurrect them.

Reaction Score
I have this feeling that Iron man/Captain America/Thor are not going away forever (if Thor even goes away at all). I feel like those guys may move on, but their characters may still be out there in the background, maybe doing other things. I could easily see a scenario where Stark and Rogers come together to deal with this whole accords thing by actually running it from the background. In Civil War, Cap was ready to sign off on it until he and Stark got into an argument. I could see War machine taking over the Iron man role, Winter Soldier picking up the shield, etc as part of a new Avengers team moving forward.

I can see those guys not wanting to do one movie after another anymore, but making appearances here and there? I could see that, and I hope that is how Marvel handles it as opposed to killing characters and eventually having to invent some way to resurrect them.
Disney doesn't even both with the soap opera reincarnation tales. It just restarts a character from the beginning with a new actor. Like Spiderman or the Hulk. How many versions into them are they? I honestly don't know because they rebooted so quickly for both I just stopped watching.

Reaction Score
Disney doesn't even both with the soap opera reincarnation tales. It just restarts a character from the beginning with a new actor. Like Spiderman or the Hulk. How many versions into them are they? I honestly don't know because they rebooted so quickly for both I just stopped watching.

Spiderman is a little more convoluted because of the Sony thing. I always had the feeling that the Edward Norton issue was a money thing, but who knows. I do think they have both characters cast pretty well now.

Reaction Score
Dr. Strange is the only individual film in the current Marvel Universe I haven't seen. For some reason, I never rent it when I am flipping through accounts. Sounds like you recommend it?

Reaction Score
Dr. Strange is the only individual film in the current Marvel Universe I haven't seen. For some reason, I never rent it when I am flipping through accounts. Sounds like you recommend it?

It’s very funny.

Reaction Score
Spiderman is a little more convoluted because of the Sony thing. I always had the feeling that the Edward Norton issue was a money thing, but who knows. I do think they have both characters cast pretty well now.
I think technically the Ed Norton movie is not part of the MCU. They just pretended that Ed Norton and Mark Ruffalo are the same person.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I think technically the Ed Norton movie is not part of the MCU. They just pretended that Ed Norton and Mark Ruffalo are the same person.

Actually it is, but I think they've tried to pretend like it doesn't exist since it's release. That was the biggest misfire of the entire MCU.

The prior Hulk movie starting Eric Bana is definitely not MCU. It was a better movie though, despite getting lost at times w/ mumbo jumbo and close ups of lizards?

Reaction Score
Actually it is, but I think they've tried to pretend like it doesn't exist since it's release. That was the biggest misfire of the entire MCU.

The prior Hulk movie starting Eric Bana is definitely not MCU. It was a better movie though, despite getting lost at times w/ mumbo jumbo and close ups of lizards?
I typed the exact opposite thing I meant. Eric Bana's isn't part of it, though, right?

Reaction Score
That's a bad sign in my opinion. This movie probably should be over 90% with the critics. I have this feeling that it's going to sit between 60-70% with audiences with a big drop off between its first and second week. We will see how it plays out and I would love to know if the rumors of two edits existing for Endgame are true. We probably never will know that, but it seems plausible.

Reaction Score
That's a bad sign in my opinion. This movie probably should be over 90% with the critics. I have this feeling that it's going to sit between 60-70% with audiences with a big drop off between its first and second week. We will see how it plays out and I would love to know if the rumors of two edits existing for Endgame are true. We probably never will know that, but it seems plausible.

Captain Marvel Movie Review: Dull and Directionless | National Review

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom