Rotten Tomatoes Eliminates Want to See Score | The Boneyard

Rotten Tomatoes Eliminates Want to See Score

Reaction Score
Apparently, the "want to see score" for Captain Marvel dropped so low (25%) that Disney successfully pressured the site to eliminate the entire category of data. Must be an awesome flick!!!

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Lame. Netflix nixed user reviews several months ago. How about instead of the big movie studios blocking anybody from saying anything bad about their movies....they just stop making crappy movies? I know it's a crazy idea, but it could work.

Captain Marvel has been getting quite a bit of backlash before it opens. Maybe they would be better served putting a gag order on the leading actress, apparently she's been doing her best to piss off quite a bit of the Marvel fan base during the press junket.

Reaction Score
Lame. Netflix nixed user reviews several months ago. How about instead of the big movie studios blocking anybody from saying anything bad about their movies....they just stop making crappy movies? I know it's a crazy idea, but it could work.

Captain Marvel has been getting quite a bit of backlash before it opens. Maybe they would be better served putting a gag order on the leading actress, apparently she's been doing her best to piss off quite a bit of the Marvel fan base during the press junket.

I am tangentially aware of the backlash, but not a big enough comic book fan to have a personal opinion (meaning I watch the movies but never read the comics). I do think your take is right though. Disney isn't convincing me to keep an open mind by silencing critics. Quite the opposite. I might skip out on this one until it's released on video for principle's sake. Certainly I won't be making special arrangements to see it.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I think originally there was backlash from fan boys over the character of Captain Marvel. This is more recent, this is directed at Brie Larson rather than the character. I've liked her in several films I've seen before. It's too bad she's alienating a fairly large demographic group.

Reaction Score
I think originally there was backlash from fan boys over the character of Captain Marvel. This is more recent, this is directed at Brie Larson rather than the character. I've liked her in several films I've seen before. It's too bad she's alienating a fairly large demographic group.
And the demographic group most likely to want to see a superhero movie . . . . .

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
And the demographic group most likely to want to see a superhero movie . . . . .

Exactly. Apparently Disney has gone into damage control mode, but it's probably too little too late.

Reaction Score
Apparently, the "want to see score" for Captain Marvel dropped so low (25%) that Disney successfully pressured the site to eliminate the entire category of data. Must be an awesome flick!!!
Source? Not that I would put it past Disney but my quick googling didn’t find anything to that effect, just the news of Rottentomatoes minimizing the displaying of the score. Seems it’s still there but they noticed a trend of users utilizing the want2see score as a way of posting early reviews when there’s no way they could’ve seen it. Just curbing trolling from what I’ve read. Full disclosure, I have no allegiance to Marvel and think Capt Marvel looks like dookie.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
As always, a level headed look at the situation from Midnight's edge.

Reaction Score
That kinda implies there are "Captain Marvel" fanboys. Except there aren't.

Reaction Score
Until further notice, this change also broke the Heirloom add on for Chrome. Nice job, RT!!

Reaction Score
It's not the original source I read (I stumbled on that one), but this one discusses Rotten Tomatoes' policy changes.

https://io9.gizmodo.com/rotten-tomatoes-is-changing-its-audience-rating-system-1832896451

Basically, they are changing what a want-to-see score is so it does not include don't-want-to-see stats.

Other sources make Disney's pressure more clear by tying the policy change to Disney's complaints of Star Wars reviews too.
Wow, thanks for that, ! Nothing sucks the life out of you faster than reading some drivel at a former Gawker site.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
That kinda implies there are "Captain Marvel" fanboys. Except there aren't.

Marvel comic book fanboys in general, who as noted in a few different threads in this forum very much dislike the Captain Marvel character.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I’ve never even heard of the character. My desire to see the movie is somewhere right around zero. Did they just make the character up?

Reaction Score
I’ve never even heard of the character. My desire to see the movie is somewhere right around zero. Did they just make the character up?

You just hit on what I think is one of the big problems with what Marvel has done here. Most of the people who know the character don't like her and a lot of people don't even know who she is. Now she is being dropped into the MCU very late and is going to be made into the face of it. 10 years of build up, and now they decide to do this. If she indeed is made out to be some overpowered character that just sails in and saves the day, I really think fans will revolt.

Reaction Score

But what if it actually ends up being decent? What’s her name is bad to look at. I bet it ends up being better than The Last Jedi and Solo.

Reaction Score
But what if it actually ends up being decent? What’s her name is bad to look at. I bet it ends up being better than The Last Jedi and Solo.

There's no doubt I will catch it with my daughter. Only question is whether I pay to see it in the theater. I won't even rent Solo, by the way. Disney has to make amends over Star Wars before I give them any more money on that score.

Reaction Score
There's no doubt I will catch it with my daughter. Only question is whether I pay to see it in the theater. I won't even rent Solo, by the way. Disney has to make amends over Star Wars before I give them any more money on that score.

I think you can watch it on Netflix. It is really forgettable.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

We already bought tickets to take my daughter and a friend. Not sure what the controversy is. The movie will be fine. Rotten Tomatoes said what they did had nothing to do with Captain Marvel.

My main concern is that any use of time travel or manipulation can be a huge movie making cop-out unless there are clear limits on how it can be used. Otherwise it is essentially infinite power.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
You're the first and last into any Game of Thrones thread. Try again.

I have made my issues with Game of Thrones' zombie apocalypse abundantly clear.

Reaction Score
I think you can watch it on Netflix. It is really forgettable.
If it were some Sci-fi swashbuckler it’d be fine. But they shoehorned it into the SW universe and it didn’t really jive in that sense. I thought it was a fun watch still tho.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom