Rothstein is in Storrs today | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Rothstein is in Storrs today

Reaction Score
If the Twitter rumors are true and Solo is hitting his threes, then I don’t know if he’ll make it to his upperclassman years in college

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
That was my thought.

How does the biggest person in the world noticeably expand?
He has room to thicken.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Do you think it’s easy to basically miss every practice and game for a huge stretch of time and then just magically reinter the lineup as if you hadn’t?

It would have been shocking if he had.
After his injury he had 3 games all year he received more than 5 mins.

Do you know how hard it is to come in cold after hardly playing for over a year and make an impact? While returning from injury?

It’s an almost impossible task unless the coach is going to ride with your bumps while getting his feet under him. And it was hard for Hurley to do given the mid season slump. Hurley is pretty conservative with bringing guys back from injury too. Even Andre came off the bench for a few games.
We’re all in total agreement. Again, my point holds true. He hasn’t had much playing time at this level so we don’t quite know what we’re going to get. I don’t know why that’s such an outlandish thing to say.
I have as high of hopes as anyone about Samson. I saw him in the open practice last year look like a menace. Then he got injured. Here’s to hoping he fulfills his potential this season.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Cuttino Mobley is a legend and a solid comp for Ball, but he's stronger already. A combo of Cuttino and maybe like a Morant as @MaxMan20 referenced. Probably not QUITE that athlete. Much more explosive athletically than Cat but smooth lefty scorers the same.
Speaking of Cuttino, I flipped on a Big 3 game a few weeks ago (looking to see if Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf was still playing) and he was out there hoisting threes.

Reaction Score

Very interesting comments from Hurley, especially on DC, SJ, and the incoming freshmen.

Reaction Score

Very interesting comments from Hurley, especially on DC, Samson Johnson, and the incoming freshmen.
Basically expects DC to be a better Sanogo, minus the 3 point threat. Sign me up. I bet SJ can put up similar numbers as a backup 5 as to what DC put up last year. Then it just comes down to guard scoring and coming together on defense. Love that he sees Cam as a 2-way guy.

Reaction Score
What happens if Solo Ball is better than Castle?
Shai Gilgeous-Alexander was the 6th best recruit in Kentucky's 2017 class. All 5 guys above him made the NBA and stuck for at least 3 years. But Shai was the best in college and in the NBA. It happens sometimes and doesn't even mean the guys ranked above turn out bad.

Reaction Score
Basically expects DC to be a better Sanogo, minus the 3 point threat. Sign me up. I bet Samson Johnson can put up similar numbers as a backup 5 as to what DC put up last year. Then it just comes down to guard scoring and coming together on defense. Love that he sees Cam as a 2-way guy.
Samson is one of the key guys that will determine if this will be a very good team or an elite team. Spencer, Ball, and Stewart as well. Though I feel like Spencer is much more of a known commodity. This will be the most talent he’s had around him though, so it’s possible he will take his game to the next level.

Reaction Score
Basically expects DC to be a better Sanogo, minus the 3 point threat. Sign me up. I bet Samson Johnson can put up similar numbers as a backup 5 as to what DC put up last year. Then it just comes down to guard scoring and coming together on defense. Love that he sees Cam as a 2-way guy.
If Samson puts up similar numbers as a backup 5 to what Clingan did last year you can mark as down for winning national championship #6.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Probably Jalen Adam’s. Another potential lottery pick on our hands.

Can’t teach that kind of athleticism with a 7’ wingspan.

Lol. Jalen isn't in the conversation.

Although he had the largest calves I think I've seen on a college basketball guard.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Lol. Jalen isn't in the conversation.

Although he had the largest calves I think I've seen on a college basketball guard.
Of course he’s not anywhere close to Ben production/career wise. I was just talking physically. Lol

He’s probably the most athletically gifted guard we’ve ever had before this year.

Reaction Score
That's 4 key guys.
Spencer less so for the reasons above. I think Ross has a very high ceiling but think we will see it more the following year. Ball, Stewart, and Johnson are the guys I’m most interested to see come out of the gate.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Wait, you think Jalen Adams is the most athletically gifted guard UConn has ever had before this year?
My bad, I was thinking PGs for some reason. lol

Sorry for that confusion. But yeah Dyson and Gordon would probably be the physical comps there. Except 7” wingspan which is insane.

Reaction Score
This will probably be UConn's tallest starting 5 in their history. Cant think of a longer team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom