Rothstein is in Storrs today | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rothstein is in Storrs today

Reaction Score
Not in the least bit surprised on the Solo praise. I loved his energy in the open practice on Saturday. He just passes the eye test from an athletics and basketball standpoint. I expect multiple posters (hopefully on PC players), before his career at UConn is done. To me I got a bit of Ja Morant athletic ability from his bounce.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
"A year ago, the Huskies had Clingan, Diarra, Calcaterra, and Alleyne in reserve."

A year ago, they were calling the bench a major question, too. This year, it's not all new guys.

With transfers and NIL's the bench will always be a question mark going forward for every major program. No program brings back their entire 6-10 rotation players.

Good news for Huskies fans is the coaching staff has shown it can mold a new group of players in to a cohesive bench with strongly defined roles.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I’ve tempered my freshman year expectations for Solo, but maybe they should be increased. He’s got the size and athleticism to contribute on both ends from the jump. He’s also used to playing off ball.

Reaction Score
Sleep on the plane - something I can never manage to do for more than about a 3 hour catnap
Yup. Me too. But it’s enough to get you through the day…crash early the night of arrival gets u a good night sleep and adjusted to local time quickly.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
"A year ago, the Huskies had Clingan, Diarra, Calcaterra, and Alleyne in reserve."

A year ago, they were calling the bench a major question, too. This year, it's not all new guys.
Well the freshmen are all new, and we lost California and Alleyne, who were both upperclassmen.

And then we’re relying on Samson, who, even though we’re optimistic, is a bit of a question mark due to lack of playing time at this level.

The bench is a question mark, no two ways about it.

Reaction Score
i'm still waiting for him to work in "Flat as a board and never been nailed"
Maybe his wife/significant other is more voluptuous and has been frequently nailed?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Maybe his wife/significant other is more voluptuous and has been frequently nailed?
Haha there's a certain logical consistency about that.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
Well the freshmen are all new, and we lost California and Alleyne, who were both upperclassmen.

And then we’re relying on Samson, who, even though we’re optimistic, is a bit of a question mark due to lack of playing time at this level.

The bench is a question mark, no two ways about it.
Last year, he was the starting 4 going into the season, then had an injury. The injury held him back longer than anticipated, but which also allowed Alex time to get warmed up. And the rest is history.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Cuttino Mobley is a legend and a solid comp for Ball, but he's stronger already. A combo of Cuttino and maybe like a Morant as @MaxMan20 referenced. Probably not QUITE that athlete. Much more explosive athletically than Cat but smooth lefty scorers the same.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Last year, he was the starting 4 going into the season, then had an injury. The injury held him back longer than anticipated, but which also allowed Alex time to get warmed up. And the rest is history.
Yes. But did you see him when he returned from injury? He couldn’t get his feet under him and crack the rotation.

Again, I’m optimistic that he can be a force off the bench this season- maybe even fight for starting time. But the point is that it’s a question mark at this time.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Yes. But did you see him when he returned from injury? He couldn’t get his feet under him and crack the rotation.

Again, I’m optimistic that he can be a force off the bench this season- maybe even fight for starting time. But the point is that it’s a question mark at this time.
After his injury he had 3 games all year he received more than 5 mins.

Do you know how hard it is to come in cold after hardly playing for over a year and make an impact? While returning from injury?

It’s an almost impossible task unless the coach is going to ride with your bumps while getting his feet under him. And it was hard for Hurley to do given the mid season slump. Hurley is pretty conservative with bringing guys back from injury too. Even Andre came off the bench for a few games.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Do you think it’s easy to basically miss every practice and game for a huge stretch of time and then just magically reinter the lineup as if you hadn’t?

It would have been shocking if he had.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Jon Rothstein's posts make me feel like the Sturgeon moon looked in Londonderry, Vermont Monday night

4C1048D7-04F2-432F-9F0A-746114E3745D.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom