Roster questions | The Boneyard

Roster questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

District-Husky

Casual DC Fan
Reaction Score
Right now, assuming noone else leaves, our roster for 2012 - 2013 is (1) Napier, (2) Olander, (3) Smith, (4) Giffey, (5) Wolf, (6) Boatright, (7) Daniels, and incoming freshman (8) Calhoun and transfer (9) Evans. Right?

We have the following open scholarships: (1) AO; (2) Lamp; and (3) Bradley (Drummond was a walk-on, correct?). But 2 of those are going to Calhoun and Evans.

Are both of the 2 NCAA sanctioned scholarships available next year?

So we could, assuming we do not recruit anyone else for 2012 - 2013, have 4 open scholarships for in 2012 - 2013?

And if we don't fill them, with Evans gone we'll have 5 open scholarships for 2013 - 2014.

Is that all correct?

Thanks.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
12-13 season:
1-omar(fr)
2-boat(so)
3-dd(so)
4-bazz(jr)
5-gif(jr)
6-olander(jr)
7-scoe(jr)
8-wolf(jr)
9-evans(sr)
10-
11-*
12-*
13-ncaa(year 3 of 3)

*ncaa gave us both of these back a couple weeks ago acroding to JC in a espn article

13-14 season:
1-omar(so)
2-boat(jr)
3-dd(jr)
4-bazz(sr)
5-gif(sr)
6-olander(sr)
7-scoe(sr)
8-wolf(sr)
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-

14-15 season: Last year of JC's contract and the PF should be done by now
1-omar(jr)
2-boat(sr)
3-dd(sr)
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
9-
10-
11-
12-
13-

Reaction Score
who is to say everyone is going to stay im not to sure if i was Roscoe or Daniels i would leave. find a school with ncaa aberrations you don't have to sit out any games and just make moves they both have a shot at the NBA they just need more exposure and playing with bazz and boatright and prob Calhoun will mess there futures up.all the other guys orlander and wolf giffey are basically lucky they are there to me look like mid major players university of Vermont comes to mind when i think of those 3 idk why just dose.

Reaction Score
who is to say everyone is going to stay im not to sure if i was Roscoe or Daniels i would leave. find a school with ncaa aberrations you don't have to sit out any games and just make moves they both have a shot at the NBA they just need more exposure and playing with bazz and boatright and prob Calhoun will mess there futures up.all the other guys orlander and wolf giffey are basically lucky they are there to me look like mid major players university of Vermont comes to mind when i think of those 3 idk why just dose.
This is the longest sentence with a period randomly thrown in that I have ever read.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

"This guy is a duck*ing idiot" came to mind when I read this.

Idk why just dose.

Reaction Score
This is the longest sentence with a period randomly thrown in that I have ever read.
Im writing on the fly my man. excuse me for my poor punctuation's. just trying to get my point across quickly.

Reaction Score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that Calhoun was an all-time great coach. A hall of famer? How is he supposed to mess up their futures? He certainly helped the futures of plenty of former players who have more money than most people could even dream of.

Reaction Score

You are quickly becoming the most annoying and dumbest poster here and that isn't easy!

Reaction Score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought that Calhoun was an all-time great coach. A hall of famer? How is he supposed to mess up their futures? He certainly helped the futures of plenty of former players who have more money than most people could even dream of.
Im talking about the incoming freshmen Omar Calhoun my man!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Not at all! just a huge supporter of uconn. no disrespect

Gonna call bulls*** on that one.

If it looks like a troll, talks like a troll, walks like a troll, it's a troll... even if it writes like a second-grader.

Reaction Score
Gonna call bulls*** on that one.

If it looks like a troll, talks like a troll, walks like a troll, it's a troll... even if it writes like a second-grader.
How could i be a troll? if you look at what i have been writing on and answering on you would know i have a lot of knowledge when it comes to Uconn football, basketball and baseball. troll is not me at all man. Im just here for some healthy Uconn athletics talk!

Reaction Score
Im taking about the incoming freshmen Omar Calhoun my man!
Oh. That's something we all need to differentiate now with two Calhouns. Not the first time I got confused after reading a post with someone mentioning Calhoun. Anyway, how do you think the addition of OC will impede the futures of RS and DD?

Reaction Score
Oh. That's something we all need to differentiate now with two Calhouns. Not the first time I got confused after reading a post with someone mentioning Calhoun. Anyway, how do you think the addition of OC will impede the futures of RS and DD?
Hes a big time recruit from New York (you know those NY guards usually have that NYC swagg that want to take over the game rather then pass ie kenba frosh year) and those 3 guards may be bad to RS and DD. i just think they could carve out a better college career if they left Uconn for another school DD was a 5* recruit and roscoe was big time they need more opportunities. look at what the 2 guards did to Lamb this year they are shoot first pg's. i would rather just give them the team and let them figure it out as the top options RS and DD are better then 3rd 4th 5th options.

Reaction Score
Hes a big time recruit from New York (you know those NY guards usually have that NYC swagg that want to take over the game rather then pass ie kenba frosh year) and those 3 guards may be bad to RS and DD. i just think they could carve out a better college career if they left Uconn for another school DD was a 5* recruit and roscoe was big time they need more opportunities. look at what the 2 guards did to Lamb this year they are shoot first pg's. i would rather just give them the team and let them figure it out as the top options RS and DD are better then 3rd 4th 5th options.
I think you can also look at it as the departures of Lamb, AO, and AD will give RS and DD more opportunities. As a fan, the last thing I would want to see is anyone transfer. If it's in their best interests than so be it, but if they are good enough to play at the next level, the NBA scouts will certainly take notice.

Reaction Score
I think you can also look at it as the departures of Lamb, AO, and AD will give RS and DD more opportunities. As a fan, the last thing I would want to see is anyone transfer. If it's in their best interests than so be it, but if they are good enough to play at the next level, the NBA scouts will certainly take notice.
Those 3 leaving is going to give the greenlight to Bazz and Boatright even more. thats not going to help DD and RS maybe a starting job but no shots.Bazz basically has a green light this year. He wasnt suppose to be the main guy this past year but alot of the times he was. now how do you think they are going to play this year. so to me its basically going to be the same thing except all the shots Bazz puts up this year you wont be seeing alot of AD or AO putbacks. RS and DD need to be #1 or #2 options not 3,4,5 and that's how i see it panning out next year. Bazz and boatright are gunners.

Reaction Score
Those 3 leaving is going to give the greenlight to Bazz and Boatright even more. thats not going to help DD and RS maybe a starting job but no shots.Bazz basically has a green light this year. He wasnt suppose to be the main guy this past year but alot of the times he was. now how do you think they are going to play this year. so to me its basically going to be the same thing except all the shots Bazz puts up this year you wont be seeing alot of AD or AO putbacks. RS and DD need to be #1 or #2 options not 3,4,5 and that's how i see it panning out next year. Bazz and boatright are gunners.
Maturity comes from experience. Bazz and Boatshow will grow from this past season. I think there were times where Bazz tried to take matters into his own hands because no one else would. SN and RB will form a dynamic backcourt. The offense will be structured differently. We'll see what happens.

Reaction Score
Maturity comes from experience. Bazz and Boatshow will grow from this past season. I think there were times where Bazz tried to take matters into his own hands because no one else would. SN and RB will form a dynamic backcourt. The offense will be structured differently. We'll see what happens.
I hope your right. In this gloomy season ahead of us i hope things work out with the "backcourt"

Reaction Score

Any player not named Alex Oriakhi who transfers from Uconn this year will have to sit out next year.

caw

Reaction Score
Can we have an off-season hanging of the one person who clicked Like for sportsjunky1?

I don't think it was me. I can support his apparent enthusiasm, but god damn if he doesn't need to slow down and construct a readable sentence.

To his point, I think as others have mentioned, any underclassman that transfers has to sit a year per NCAA guidelines, unless there is some extenuating circumstance (ill grandmother). It may make more sense for Daniels, but not Roscoe. That said, I think Daniel's issues had little to do with the guards and more to do with him needing a lot of work. Same with Roscoe. They depend on fastbreak and spot-up shooting to score points. Both show flashes of driving ability but it wasn't there fully last year. They really (Giffey as well) all need to work on their midrange game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom