Roscoe Smith Waived | The Boneyard

Roscoe Smith Waived

Status
Not open for further replies.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I realize I'm opening a can of worms here with (my second this month) Roscoe-related thread, but he was just cut by the Lakers this afternoon. I hope he opts for the D-League rather than signing a contract overseas as the coaching staff had a lot of positive things to say about him and with their injury-riddled roster, he has a good chance of playing for LA this season.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Really looking forward to this Lakers season. Should be entertaining. What a mess.
Yea, I really like the Ed Davis pick up though. I always thought he was under utilized in Toronto and Memphis. He has really bulked up since college. Remember when we almost landed him? Must have been sold on taking those paper classes. sigh.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Roscoe made it right to the bleeding edge of making the roster - no shame in that.

He has solid options and it would not be surprising if someone brings him in on a ten-day contract.

Reaction Score
I'm actually really disappointed Nash went down for the season. He and Kobe in the back court with Boozer patrolling the paint would have been fantastic.

Reaction Score
this former playa can take his h.s. hopeful berger self to the kitchen for some realistic berger activitay-flippin style on the mass production line

Reaction Score
this former playa can take his h.s. hopeful berger self to the kitchen for some realistic berger activitay-flippin style on the mass production line
Chap I don't think there are that many hippies left on college message boards. In other words there are too few around here to translate 60s speak.

Reaction Score
Chap I don't think there are that many hippies left on college message boards. In other words there are too few around here to translate 60s speak.

That reminds me of the scene in the movie Airplane, when the old lady offers to translate. "Excuse me, I speak Jive."

Reaction Score
There will always be room in the league for guys that are willing to get their hands dirty and do the tough work. Roscoe has that ethic, and will undoubtedly get picked up eventually.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I like Roscoe. I hope he catches on somewhere.

Reaction Score
That Henry Abbott article was brutal.
Fascinating read, but I wonder just how much of it was fact or fiction though. There's no doubt Kobe has rubbed guys the wrong way, but Abbot's re-telling of the Ramon Sessions free agency was completely false. If he went to the lengths to get that one wrong on a minor player, I wonder what else in there is trumped up.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
That reminds me of the scene in the movie Airplane, when the old lady offers to translate. "Excuse me, I speak Jive."
Chump don't want no help, chump don't get da help.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Kitaman said:

I'm fluent in hippie speak. I don't recognize that dialect.

I think that is more of an early 70's Chicago soul jive leaning.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I'm fluent in hippie speak. I don't recognize that dialect.

I think that is more of an early 70's Chicago soul jive leaning.
With a bit of Kansas City BBQ speak mixed in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom