Roscoe Smith Averaging 12/15 at UNLV | The Boneyard

Roscoe Smith Averaging 12/15 at UNLV

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
"Love the one you're with." Would love to have Roscoe, but I love having Deandre too.

Reaction Score
He become a very poor FT shooter since his Fr. year. 79%, 64, 44. (10-23)

Reaction Score
I watched him play last night. I'm not sure those stats translate well to a UConn game. What I liked about him is that he bulked up, and he actually had some nice moves in space. But the announcers were on him pretty hard for not hustling a few times, and they weren't wrong. I'd like to see that UNLV team up against some tougher competition.

caw

Reaction Score
I watched him play last night. I'm not sure those stats translate well to a UConn game. What I liked about him is that he bulked up, and he actually had some nice moves in space. But the announcers were on him pretty hard for not hustling a few times, and they weren't wrong. I'd like to see that UNLV team up against some tougher competition.

They've lost to mediocre competition, it's not a good UNLV team at all.

Reaction Score
No way would I want Roscoe over Daniels. I'm glad he's putting up great numbers for a crummy team but let's be honest Roscoe isn't much of an offensive player. Daniels is just a better player than him.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I never thought about this until now, but how will it be if we end up playing UNLV in the tournament? Roscoe vs DD could be quite the grudge match.

Reaction Score
I never thought about this until now, but how will it be if we end up playing UNLV in the tournament? Roscoe vs DD could be quite the grudge match.

DD got barely any minutes that year. So, why would Roscoe have a grudge?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
i don't wish smith success. however i would take him over dd without thinking

Reaction Score
Stoopid thread

It's stupid to follow a player that played for UConn for 2 seasons? Don't we do the same thing when they go to the pros?

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
It's stupid to follow a player that played for UConn for 2 seasons? Don't we do the same thing when they go to the pros?
As noted above...he bailed. He deserted the team. And to quote Uncle Si..."He gone!"

Reaction Score
As noted above...he bailed. He deserted the team. And to quote Uncle Si..."He gone!"

We don't know why he left. We haven't been in his shoes. He was a solid player and I support him...

Reaction Score
We don't know why he left. We haven't been in his shoes. He was a solid player and I support him...

Actually he left, reality is we don't care why he left either he's not a Husky. Having said that I have followed him this year because he seemed to be a good kid. While I don't want to even begin to compare him and DD he also shouldn't be thought of the same as Alex Oriahki. Roscoe was a good guy tangled in the that web of the crappy year it was, both APR and rotten attitudes of captains probably were some of the reasons he left as well as wanting to be a 3 which had no shot at. Problem is some stayed such as Bazz, Boat, DD and Tyler despite all the crap surrounding the program. For that reason alone they are true Huskies, those who chose to leave are not, ring or not. Doesn't mean no one still wants him to do well they just don't really care all that much for it to be a thread! I could care less either way, it's basketball talk about it if you wish!

Reaction Score
Seems crazy if it's 1 vs. other. DD can play a hybrid 4 in this system, Roscoe can't. He plays a 4 against low quality teams with limited size. He's an effort guy and would work hard every night for pro team, regardless of league.

People still criticize me for wanting Scoe over DD...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom