Rosa changed the momentum of the game | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Rosa changed the momentum of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Well he did score 2 touchdowns :) I hesitate to get too carried away with a half roll into the end zone. The kids a sophomore in college and scored TD’s like no on has in recent memory for our team. Let’s move one let him learn.

What did he cost us? A few extra yards kicking off… He did not cause the missing tackles on return… He did not cause the ”late hit” on that play that tacked on another 15 and he did not cause the missed tackles that led kid into end zone.

I think interesting this is such a hot topic where we’ve got another player who blind sight hit a NC State player sending him to the hospital on same related set of plays and barely a mention.
He shouldn't have done it, even though it's a stupid rule, because it cost them. That said, I can't help feeling that the people who are overly emotional about it are using the somersault to vent their overall frustration with UConn's performance. Since Rosa is the only one who did anything, are the overly-emotional about the flip also beggars who are being choosy?

Reaction Score
Game productivity is what matters. The coaches had Houston as back #1. They had Porter and Buckman as 2 of our starting receivers. Rosa made a bad mistake but his productivity speaks for itself. Clercius should have started at wideout. They need to get the outside LBs right. Personnel decisions are huge when you are scrambling to be relevant like UConn is.

Reaction Score
That was a stupid and unnecessary It isn’t like he has never scored before. You want to hug your teammates and such, fine but that was bush league.

Reaction Score
Also I’ve never seen a flip into the end zone be called before. I thought it was a pretty common celebration tbh.
Uh no. It is always called. That’s why good players don’t do it. I’ve seen it called in high school. I’ve seen it called in college. Never seen it done in the NFL.

Reaction Score
That was a stupid and unnecessary It isn’t like he has never scored before. You want to hug your teammates and such, fine but that was bush league.
Had a momentum changer at Ball State last year also.

Reaction Score
We wouldn't have had the momentum in the first place if he didn't play.
What are you smoking my dude??? Rosa is the future back of this team. And only out of respect of Devonte Houston’s seniority is he still above Rosa.

Reaction Score

Shortcut <<

-> “A moment like that for Vic, hometown hero, breaks a long one, gets us close,” coach Jim Mora said. “He just had a momentary lapse in judgement, which is not like him. Love him to death, man. He's going to do great things around here for the next couple of years.”

Asked if he knew Rosa would be penalized as soon as he somersaulted, Mora said, “I didn't see it. I knew he was going to score. In my mind, it's ‘What do we do next?’ Then I saw them flag him. I didn't even see him dive into the end zone. We've just got to make better decisions. They're going to call it. It is a rule.” <-

-> “Yeah, in high school I used to do all that type of crazy stuff,” Rosa said. “But that’s high school, not this level. I’ve got to stay disciplined and I’ll never do that again.” <-

Reaction Score
Why a tumble in the end zone is called unsportsmanlike I will never understand hate that call with the emotion in these games. No need to call that. Then again refs called everything against huskies tonight.
Not sure at all as I did not see that as taunting. He did no gestures towards the other team and only celebrated with a couple of teammates. A single roll from the three and up to fellow players.
He wasn’t taunting the other team in anyway?
What a stupid rule. College football can be so nauseating some times.
Agree, that call leaves a sour taste in my mouth.
If a kid can do a flip after sprinting for 70 yards let him.
LOL......
Lets Go GIF by The Roku Channel

That said, all I want is a somewhat non biased, fair game - 6 costly penalties to 1?????? There was something off last night.
I felt the same way. Ahh ... another of the perils of being independent. A lot of search provided nothing but my guess would be ACC officiating team.

Reaction Score
What are you smoking my dude??? Rosa is the future back of this team. And only out of respect of Devonte Houston’s seniority is he still above Rosa.
You read my comment very wrong

Reaction Score
He changed the game with a 70 yard run to the house with a fast CB on his tail. Diving into the end zone when you can’t see behind you is a totally permissible football play even if appearing celebratory. You don’t make a subjective call based on an act in an active football play unless it’s taunting or clearly not related to a football move. It’s total BS blaming the kid for a ref. screw job which was going on all night, including missing a blatant holding on a critical play, a questionable PI call with the receiver turning into a defender where the defender has a right to the space.

Reaction Score
There was about 1:30 when that official ignored a penalty right in front of him. And we were sitting right alongside the play. No amount of incompetence can explain that. The game wasn't over until after that call.

I wasn't too far away, and to not throw a flag on the play was inexplicable. Especially after pas interference for much much less. and then some phantom holding penalty, the first one all game?

if we're gonna have the opposing team, bring referees, then I hope when we make a trip down to North Carolina and that we can at least have some input on who the referees are.

Because no one watching that game last night could say oh that was a well officiated game that was fair to both teams. No one not even NC State.

Reaction Score
That is awfully disrespectful to the nature of who Devontae Houston is. Devontae is obviously a player that Mora and staff trusts to get it done…as back #1. Those things are given, they’re earned.

Reaction Score
A guy who scored our only 2 TD’s and ran for 99 yards made us lose rather than a QB whose main qualification is that he played for our OC at Maine but couldn’t make sideline or deep throws. Give me a break.
Not made UConn lose, even a casual fan like you can see that isn't the same as "changed momentum of the game". What it was, very simply just "super stupid". Absolutely no reason to showboat like that.

Reaction Score
ACC officiating crew. Total bs. I hate the ACC.
On that topic, they made huge mistake with that recent expansion decision.

They are AAC 2.0 in my opinion - no longer wish an invite.

Reaction Score
That is awfully disrespectful to the nature of who Devontae Houston is. Devontae is obviously a player that Mora and staff trusts to get it done…as back #1. Those things are given, they’re earned.
Fair. Houston is a great player. I think both Houston and Rosa are invaluable and are among our 8 or so best players.

Reaction Score
The Rosa thread is now locked (rightfully so), but someone on there asked how an ACC crew could officiate the game. Actually, it's common. One of clauses in the contract when a P5 team plays an out of conference game on the road is that the referees will be from the away team's conference.

For example, Florida (SEC) was at Utah (Pac-12) Thursday night. It was an SEC crew. Hawaii (MWC) was at Vanderbilt (SEC) last Saturday. It was an MWC crew. We ended up with an ACC crew Thursday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom