Rooting for Andre Jackson | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rooting for Andre Jackson

Reaction Score
I just don’t understand fans going after AJ with his 14 boards tonight. One of our best players now.
Their fingers were worn out from JG and Tyler Phommachanh so they shifted to AJ for a few shots....

Reaction Score
Mothers Day Mom GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals
It’s all good - ever since Blaze Pizza. He is going to be something by next season.

Reaction Score
Could som done explain to me why you take Jackson out in the last minute down by two. He was our only consistent rebounder all night. Also Was AKOK hurt in the first half? He was anchored to the bunch in the second half.
I was wondering the same thing about Akok, he was blocking shots and intimidating players from taking it to the basket

Reaction Score
His defensive rebounding is terrific, but his offensive rebounding is atrocious, just awful instincts.

He never goes to grab the ball, always taps it. It never goes in and almost always goes to the opponent. Just about every play he's involved in on the offensive glass is a momentum deflater.

Yeah imagine if he tried to grab the offensive rebounds with 2 hands more often? Amazing he’s in position so often and gets to the ball do often. My brother and I have said the same thing I agree. He would’ve had 18-20 yesterday if not trying to tap everything in. But again, he played pretty damn well overall yesterday so hard to throw darts.

Reaction Score
You have to root for the kid because his energy is certainly on display.
His basketball skills are still so raw that it is hard to project where he will be in the future.
The current state of Uconn basketball, it's hard to project improvement , because under this coaching staff , each and every player seem to be getting worse, not better.

Reaction Score
I’ve been a huge supporter of AJ on Twitter this whole season even as some say he makes bad plays whatever, but we need to keep him on the court, game. changer. Sometime he loses himself out there, tries to do too much but I’m here for it every time. People love to complain about being to stale, stagnant, and passive on offense. Need to give AJ the longest leash in the shed.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Jackson is one of the few players who has figured out what he can do really well currently and how it can help the team. His rebounding, especially defensive rebounding is really good. And then he can transition the ball and start applying pressure on the defense.

Well, at least until the ball gets to halfcourt and UConn runs its snooze offensive sets.

He's figuring out how to use what can actually do well in games now to help UConn win. He has been much more conservative with his passes in transition and trying to force the playmaker stuff on offense.

Reaction Score
Question. What is exciting about UCONN basketball right now? Is it Tyler Polley clanking 3’s? Is it Jordan Hawkins playing 12 minutes? Gaffney turning the ball over? It’s Andre Jackson skying a foot over everyone to get the rebound and threading the needle on an assist. It’s a high wire act with mistakes but it’s riveting to watch. And he’s getting better and better only a young sophomore.

Reaction Score
Andre grabs a defensive board and takes it up the middle of the court looking to pass to anyone open and running ahead. That is fun to watch. He always looks to pass at this point in his career. Some get tipped away or stolen but most are on the mark. He is our best rebounder due to his quickness and instincts. And this season his fouls have been less allowing him to be in the game more. I am glad he is on our side.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
was I talking to you?
Well, pretty much yes since you posted it on a public bulletin board. If you want to post to a single poster use the private message function. Let me know if you need any help figuring out how that works.

Reaction Score
Andre is now shooting 40% from 3 (yes, on a lower volume) while Polley is shooting 29%.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom