Rooting for Andre Jackson | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Rooting for Andre Jackson

Reaction Score
What a first half from Jackson!!!

I love his ability to go above the rim for a defensive board and then hit the ground running to push the tempo.

Smarter decisions as the season goes on.

If he cuts the godawful floater and takes it to the rack... he's gonna be amazing. That and continuing the shooting progress needs to be his off season project.

Reaction Score
Andre grabs a defensive board and takes it up the middle of the court looking to pass to anyone open and running ahead. That is fun to watch. He always looks to pass at this point in his career. Some get tipped away or stolen but most are on the mark. He is our best rebounder due to his quickness and instincts. And this season his fouls have been less allowing him to be in the game more. I am glad he is on our side.
I’m always surprised he doesn’t get more blocks. He’s quick. That coast-to-coast layup looked like Dr J or George Gervin. Want to see more.

Reaction Score
Just wanted to do a snapshot of Jackson's December so far, 5 games:

30.4 MPG
8.6 PPG
8.6 RPG
2.4 APG
1.2 SPG
0.2 BPG
1 TOPG (!)
1.6 PFPG

59% 2P (13-22)
80% 3P (4-5)
62% FT (5-8)

And in November (8 games):

25.8 MPG
6.3 PPG
7.6 RPG
2.8 APG
1.5 SPG
1.3 BPG
2.8 TOPG (!!)
1.9 PFPG

44% 2P (12-27)
27% 3P (3-11)
81% FT (17-21)

The turnovers is obviously the outstanding stat that's improved, huge drop from nearly 3 per game to just 1 per game while the other stats have stayed pretty much consistent other than he's making more baskets even if it's less times at the line. But hey, 2 points are worth more than 1 point at a time.

All in all, very excited to see his progression since Game 1, curious if he'll take another step up in January and who knows the type of player he could be by March!

Reaction Score
Will be fun to see once he incorporates exploding to the hoop off of the dribble(foul line area) with some consistency. As long as the lane is open-- the shot is there with his speed and emerging finishing skills.

He is rewarding DH's trust in him with his play. Great trend heading into the meat of the BE schedule.

Reaction Score
Just wanted to do a snapshot of Jackson's December so far, 5 games:

30.4 MPG
8.6 PPG
8.6 RPG
2.4 APG
1.2 SPG
0.2 BPG
1 TOPG (!)
1.6 PFPG

59% 2P (13-22)
80% 3P (4-5)
62% FT (5-8)

And in November (8 games):

25.8 MPG
6.3 PPG
7.6 RPG
2.8 APG
1.5 SPG
1.3 BPG
2.8 TOPG (!!)
1.9 PFPG

44% 2P (12-27)
27% 3P (3-11)
81% FT (17-21)

The turnovers is obviously the outstanding stat that's improved, huge drop from nearly 3 per game to just 1 per game while the other stats have stayed pretty much consistent other than he's making more baskets even if it's less times at the line. But hey, 2 points are worth more than 1 point at a time.

All in all, very excited to see his progression since Game 1, curious if he'll take another step up in January and who knows the type of player he could be by March!

This can't be true because players don't get better under Hurley.

Reaction Score
Jackson's physical tools are off the charts, but what has impressed me the most is his bulldog mentality.

In my opinion, rebounding is 95% about mentality. There are hundreds of great leapers who suck at rebounding, Jackson has made up his mind that every single rebound is his.

Offensively, yeah he might dribble wildly occasionally or pass up an open 3, but that kid has it all between the ears. Some of the extra passes he makes even the non-flashy ones might go unnoticed but have won us games.

Reaction Score
Jackson's physical tools are off the charts, but what has impressed me the most is his bulldog mentality.

In my opinion, rebounding is 95% about mentality. There are hundreds of great leapers who suck at rebounding, Jackson has made up his mind that every single rebound is his.

Offensively, yeah he might dribble wildly occasionally or pass up an open 3, but that kid has it all between the ears. Some of the extra passes he makes even the non-flashy ones might go unnoticed but have won us games.
His handle has been good and he can do so many things out there. Love the kid.

Reaction Score
I was a HUGE critic of AJ earlier in the season, happy to give him props now. The main thing he is doing is cutting down on his poor decision making. Hence the reduced TOs and all around better play. Still wish his man didn’t go by him so much on D, but his improvement is immense and very important to any success this team will have going forward.

Reaction Score

Craziest thing is, he’d average what seems like 10-12 rebounds per game if he’d just control some these offensive rebounds vs missed tips

Reaction Score
He’ll be dominant in Zimbabwe in 2 years where shooting, passing, and dribbling aren’t necessary.
hmmm GIF

Reaction Score

Rebounding absolutely is 95% mental. Dennis Rodman might be my favorite NBA player because of the way he rebounded.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom