Roll call: Long timers | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Roll call: Long timers

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I remember that change. You had started posting about stuff in LA, or moving to LA?? Anyway I asked you why you were EricSanDiego (I thought it was EricinSanDiego though??) if you were in LA. And presto chango, a couple days later you were EricLA.
I always like EricSanDiego better. He was down to earth guy. @EricLA seems to “Hollywood.” ;)

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
I recently posted that it took me 20 years to get Tony to make paragraphs (you’re welcome). Anywho, that got me to thinking, who else has been here 20+ years? I personally started here in 1994 when my oldest son was a newborn and I needed a way to talk to grown-ups during the day.

Let me think.
JS
Biff
Tonyc
@CamrnCrz1974
@bbsamjj
cbiebel from McGraw’s Bench (I know you’re out there)
@ucbart (I think)
who else?

There’s a bunch more that have been here 10+ years. Roll call!

I have a post from module1 that I've saved dating from late October 2003. I started visiting some time before that but no idea if before or after the millenium.

I still miss Old Coach.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
i remember the Boneyard Classic the year the cart was rolled by (as I recall vaguely) by Team Prankster. I also seem to recall someone (Dove, mebbe) practicing his short iron technique with the flower patch. I hadn't played in about two years, but I figured it would all come back to me; wrong! I was in the foursome with Pudge. On the first tee, he put one about 300 yards down the middle; I shanked mine about 30 yards to the left, to the considerable peril of some of those waiting their turn at tee. Not my greatest day on the links, but a lot of fun. I think we were not asked back. Pointedly.
Not me.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Fishy, mebbe? Or more probably Prankster.

Reaction Score
I think I've been on every board the boneyard has ever had. I think I joined message boards during the 1997 or 1998 season.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
The inaugural BYC was a few years earlier (1999), after the mens NC. Was held at Portland GC. Went to Quarry Ridge next, where a cart was rolled… which lead to Keney. The good old days.
Ah so. But, the year after Keney did we not go back to Quarry Ridge? I remember it was hotter than Hades. You and I played with two others and I do not remember who they were. I do remember several cannon shots during the round courtesy of Prankster.

BTW, do you still have that 12 foot tall trophy from Keney? ;)

Reaction Score
Ah so. But, the year after Keney did we not go back to Quarry Ridge? I remember it was hotter than Hades. You and I played with two others and I do not remember who they were. I do remember several cannon shots during the round courtesy of Prankster.

Yes, we went back there after we let them forget who we were. ;^)

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I have a post from module1 that I've saved dating from late October 2003. I started visiting some time before that but no idea if before or after the millenium.

I still miss Old Coach.
We affectionately called him Olde Coach because he was, well, old but in a genteel, dignified way. He definitely knew his free throw mechanics and wrote what is probably a dissertation on them.

Olde Coach :( RIP

Reaction Score
OMG, you were Sally Bell :eek:

We old timers remember worrying about winning and being intensely nervous before big games. My husband used to roll his eyes at me because I’d be wound up hours before a game, putting on my “lucky” shirt, sitting in the right spot, etc.
Yes, that was me all right. I also remember a discussion on the board for less expensive brands of champagne. I recommended a Spanish sparkling wine Freixenet. Not horrible if it's chilled to the point of almost freezing.

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
I recently posted that it took me 20 years to get Tony to make paragraphs (you’re welcome). Anywho, that got me to thinking, who else has been here 20+ years? I personally started here in 1994 when my oldest son was a newborn and I needed a way to talk to grown-ups during the day.

Let me think.
JS
Biff
Tonyc
@CamrnCrz1974
@bbsamjj
cbiebel from McGraw’s Bench (I know you’re out there)
@ucbart (I think)
who else?

There’s a bunch more that have been here 10+ years. Roll call!
I wish there was a way to see how long it actually is. Definitely more than 10 years, possibly in the 20+ year club. I mean, that's just 2001... 2001 seems like a short time ago...gotta be 20... !?!?!

I Dont Remember Golden Girls GIF by TV Land

Reaction Score
While I have posted for 10+ years, I go back to Geno when he was in high school. One of my best friends married one of his HS teammates so we have followed Geno's career for longer than most of you have been alive. Lived near his multigenerational home in Norristown, Pa. where everyone spoke Italian, to today. Most focus on him being one of the best basketball coaches ever. While he is, if you truely know the details of his background, this is one of the great American success stories of all time!

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
my previous incarnation was 'caleb.' the memory wanes, but i think he goes back at least to the kj days (sad that she didn't stick for 4 years, cause she was good -- but she would've been sue's backup so even with rita-like potential chances are it wouldn't have had a chance to bloom.) anyway. the BY has certainly become far less civilized recently.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
Fan from early 90s, lived in NJ then, sarcastic Italian coach, first live game at the RAC 94 lost to eventual champs UNC. Work took me to CT 99.
A lurker, creepy name, here shortly thereafter. Official a little over 10 years.

Reaction Score
I lurked behind the scenes for 2011 then gained courage to post starting 2012!
I appreciate the caring when I went through my heart attack and heart operation and the rest of my health stuff the last 8 years of hell!
Thank you to all you "caregivers"!

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Although I've only been a Boneyard devotee for five years, I may own two dubious site distinctions:
1) I've never attended a women's college basketball game.
2) I've never referred to UConn as "they."

And while at times it feels like I'm at a Fellini casting call, for me, someone who probably knows less about women's basketball than anyone on the site, I often find the commentary so colorful and provocative, the analysis and information so insightful and valuable, that I keep returning for more.

The Boneyard has become an undeniable guilty pleasure.

Reaction Score
A few longtimers I just realized I havent seen in a while.
  • ThisJustin
  • the woman's BB history guy (handle may have even been WomenBBHistory?)
  • and there was a woman who was very knowledgeable, even became a contributor to one of the WCBBs -- Helen W (dont want to give the full name). Cant remember her handle.

Reaction Score

I was there for the cart roll at QR

Reaction Score
Hej HuskyNan, this was a wonderful initiative. Enjoyed reading/meeting all these posters and how far back people can remember. Also, it appears to have had a calming effect. A great time-out/energy saving strategy for the storm(s) ahead! Well done. Sneaky.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
A few longtimers I just realized I havent seen in a while.
  • ThisJustin
  • the woman's BB history guy (handle may have even been WomenBBHistory?)
  • and there was a woman who was very knowledgeable, even became a contributor to one of the WCBBs -- Helen W (dont want to give the full name). Cant remember her handle.
@ThisJustIn posted a few days ago. It’s This Just In moshed together and the poster is a she (Queen of Queens). TJI is also a long timer, she used to post as HelenWheels

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
And leave us not forget our favorite opponent poster, Robtnatl (sp?) who coined the "Ballhog Chick" handle for Diana.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom