Roll call: Long timers | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Roll call: Long timers

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I started out on the Hartford Courant and have been a part of many iterations of The Boneyard including when it was running out of a server in Tom‘s garage.

I spent a lot of that those early years as a de facto lurker, low-volume poster, never quite crossing the 1000 post Rubicon. I’ve made up for it since.

diggerfoot

Humanity Hiker
Reaction Score
Similar to @CL82 I started when the Boneyard was the Courant’s domain, possibly ‘93? Not sure at this point, but I am pretty sure I predated @HuskyNan because I remember her coming on as a dynamic force.

Back then my handle was Mapper because I used to be a GIS Manager. Opposite of @CL82 I posted more as Mapper than I do now.

Reaction Score
Even though I don't post very often, I have been with the Yard since close to the beginning, going back like 30 years to the Husky Hardcores message board and through all the various reincarnations.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Since somewhere around 1997 or 8, back in the Shea days. Long damn time ago. I started out as Elzorrogris, but simplified it quite a while back. The Biffworks produced my outstanding pic, if you were wondering.

Reaction Score
I first heard about the Boneyard from the "bird man," who was a wild fan of Sue Bird, while sitting next to him at a game in Gampel. I remember my first post here was taken down, I guess because I was a newbee, or because I wrote about two dvd movies Sue had purchased at the Co-op. My niece was a student in Sue's class and worked part time there. She told me about the movies and I was happy to share. So it was sometime between 1999 and 2002.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Let's see, started following UCONN in 1990 when Gampel opened. When to my first women's game in 1994. Had season tix for many years. Started on message boards around 2005 (Rivals?). I was late migrating to this latest incarnation of the Boneyard but yeah, it's been a long time of fandom. What a wild ride. Who would have thought we would have all these NC's now?!!

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Holy cow, 11 more years and you can get a drink in a bar.
Let's see, that would make me 93,
Hope I can still hoist them up (BB's not scotch).:)

Reaction Score
I've been Lurker for 8 years, had another name before that for about 3 years, and before that I lurked without an account for 3-4 years while I wondered whether I could fit in with the experts and others on the site. So a newbie of about 11 official BY years with almost 15 years of paying attention to the BY. I started paying attention to the team when I moved to CT in 1991 and used CPTV when it was available. Season ticket holder for about 10 years. I used to drive to some local games (Worcester and Providence - great views of the games) before I took the season ticket route. So an increasing level of involvement over a lot of years

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
How about other non-UConn fans?

@Sakibomb25
@KnightBridgeAZ
@Boxerpups4me

We had a slew of ND fans back then too. @Orangutan you’re not a 20 year guy but maybe 10 years?
Since around 2004. Under my previous handle (set up by the wife) of Knight Time Fan (with or without spaces I don't remember). The Arizona came after we relocated from NJ to Tucson. And through a couple iterations of the Boneyard.

I still have, in my humor file, the hilarious "onesie" post of Fishy regarding dealing with what I suppose was his firstborn. Has a HuskyNan reference, apparently she advised him to stretch the shoulder, he thought cutting it off was more therapeutic.

Reaction Score
I first heard about the Boneyard from the "bird man," who was a wild fan of Sue Bird, while sitting next to him at a game in Gampel. I remember my first post here was taken down, I guess because I was a newbee, or because I wrote about two dvd movies Sue had purchased at the Co-op. My niece was a student in Sue's class and worked part time there. She told me about the movies and I was happy to share. So it was sometime between 1999 and 2002.
I just vaguely recall the "bird man". Was he always decked out mostly in white? I do have vivid recollections of Ted, the guy in the cat-in-the-hat / Marvin the Martian hat. He was the equivalent of Big Red on the men's side.

Reaction Score
Relative newcomer, maybe 10 years, remember a prolific commenter who was a chaplain? at Penn St. Have not seen his posts, have wondered what happened with him.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Relative newcomer, maybe 10 years, remember a prolific commenter who was a chaplain? at Penn St. Have not seen his posts, have wondered what happened with him.
That would be "icebear". I have no information about him either.

LesMis89

Dedicated Lurker
Reaction Score
Been on some version of the BY since the '90's. Recall quite vividly the board's reaction when Ms Taurasi committed. Handle prior to 2011 was UConnCard.

Proud and Dedicated Lurker

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Ah the inaugural (I think) BYC. 2004, Keney Park. Our team "represented" the Women's board. The jealous men's board slapped us with the moniker "Simpering Eunuchs". So we just went out and beat them all....well I use the word "we" loosely as I recall @slug25 carried us on his back for 18 holes. But a win is a win!

View attachment 71871
I still have my t-shirt and can still fit in it!

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Similar to @CL82 I started when the Boneyard was the Courant’s domain, possibly ‘93? Not sure at this point, but I am pretty sure I predated @HuskyNan because I remember her coming on as a dynamic force.

Back then my handle was Mapper because I used to be a GIS Manager. Opposite of @CL82 I posted more as Mapper than I do now.
We used to get you mixed up with mappy, which is why you changed your handle, I think.

Remember when the men’s fans and women’s fans share the same board? It was “cute” that the women had a team and won a championship against the other girls’ teams. The women’s fans were obnoxious about the championship, I have to say.

Drumguy

Funny, now I mostly play guitar
Reaction Score
I found McD's back in the late 90's, so I'm in the 20+ club! Might have been raya back then? I recall feeding the UConn President info via email and satillite calls through my brother in law updated info on the 1999 NCAA's as he was in China and couldn't get direct updates.

Reaction Score
I recently posted that it took me 20 years to get Tony to make paragraphs (you’re welcome). Anywho, that got me to thinking, who else has been here 20+ years? I personally started here in 1994 when my oldest son was a newborn and I needed a way to talk to grown-ups during the day.

Let me think.
JS
Biff
Tonyc
@CamrnCrz1974
@bbsamjj
cbiebel from McGraw’s Bench (I know you’re out there)
@ucbart (I think)
who else?

There’s a bunch more that have been here 10+ years. Roll call!
Around 2000 - mostly Justin inhaling yard wisdom

Reaction Score
I can't remember. I was a lurker for a number of years: preceding the present site and had my post count deleted at least once before that. At my present age, 20 years seems like yesterday.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not sure when I started posting on the Boneyard, but it's been longer than
10 years for sure.

Reaction Score
I’m a relative newbie, but this post makes me think of the people who’s posts I really liked that left for whatever reason. I still miss @bags27.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom