2022 Recruiting: - Roddy Gayle Jr. Meeting(10/13/20) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Roddy Gayle Jr. Meeting(10/13/20)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looks like Joe Girard & Kadry scared him away.....LOL. Really is an amazing site to lurk

Attachments

• 33B90CE9-524C-45A8-BD31-9411699DC340.jpeg
    33B90CE9-524C-45A8-BD31-9411699DC340.jpeg
    453.5 KB · Views: 370

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Looks like Joe Girard & Kadry scared him away.....LOL. Really is an amazing site to lurk
LOL. Gayle is a borderline 5 star...

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
Not anymore.

Yes, clearly he is overrated, scared of competition and afraid of the bright lights of the carrier dome.

My actual spin zone is that Gayle’s early decision is still good for the programs that miss out on his services because it allows our staff to focus the aim of our rifle on our remaining targets

Reaction Score
Not saying that Gayle was afraid of competition at Cuse more so than his other schools, but Girard and Richmond are both talented kids.

Reaction Score
I'm not even mad. We've got other potential targets that we're working on, so it's not like this was an all-eggs-in-one-basket scenario. Plus, I kinda respect how Holtmann has Ohio State humming again. Didn't really like them during the Matta years but find them fine now.

Oh, and hilarious to see the kid not go to Cuse.

Reaction Score
Realistic target at this spot is/has been Corey Floyd for UConn.

Do you think we will prioritize other guards this early? He's been scouted as much as anyone at Roselle and still ranked over 100

Reaction Score
Do you think we will prioritize other guards this early? He's been scouted as much as anyone at Roselle and still ranked over 100
Like you said it’s early, so change is inevitable, but I think their dream guard commit right now would be Justice Williams. But there will be more offers and developments as recruitments start to take more of a defined shape. For example we recently offered a guard I really like in Mark Armstrong, and not enough time has passed to have any idea where his recruitment is.

Reaction Score
Not saying that Gayle was afraid of competition at Cuse more so than his other schools, but Girard and Richmond are both talented kids.
He is, it’s just an funny stance their board is taking when OState had another CG literally announce his intention to enroll early this year.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
I have no idea what's going on behind the scenes but Justice Williams just seems to make so much sense:
Top tier talent
Tight with Sool
Tweets as 'Young Shuttlesworth' (so assuming he models his game somewhat after Ray
There seems to be love on both sides

Again not only based on info from the outside looking in

Reaction Score
Like you said it’s early, so change is inevitable, but I think their dream guard commit right now would be Justice Williams. But there will be more offers and developments as recruitments start to take more of a defined shape. For example we recently offered a guard I really like in Mark Armstrong, and not enough time has passed to have any idea where his recruitment is.

Oh I totally forgot or didnt know that. NY lightning kid? I remember watching him a couple years ago when Matt Curtis still played for them.

I expect he'll blow up in the next year. Big time talent. Just small... but good frame. Really quick and accurate shooter, a bit right hand dominant I think

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
If not UConn, then I'd definitely prefer Roddy to choose Ohio State. I can root for him much more easily with them than any other choice. I've never hated OSU as a basketball program, they aren't a rival or in the same league, and I dig their unis.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
If not UConn, then I'd definitely prefer Roddy to choose Ohio State. I can root for him much more easily with them than any other choice. I've never hated OSU as a basketball program, they aren't a rival or in the same league, and I dig their unis.
i sorta hate them just because of the way they demand to be called THE Ohio State University. you're in ohio for . get over yourself.

plus my daughter, since she was six and first seeing the buckeye mascot, calls them the "turd nuggets"

Reaction Score
Thinking the Zoom call on the 13th was revealing to both parties.. Roddy and UConn.. Sure he's been hearing the noise on the circuit about Justice/Floyd and the Good Guys..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom