2021 Recruiting: - Rocket Watts rumor | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2021 Recruiting: Rocket Watts rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Retitle thread to "Rocket Watts Humor."
I think that is pretty much understood this point.

Reaction Score
What’s come out of the recruiting staff meetings is the importance of being able to shoot and score at the D1 level. Chief is anxious to get out on the circuit next month and do the in person eye ball test.
When the June visit start Chief hopes the university is a little more relax on the masks - kids that go on SEC visits don’t have to deal with it once they get there. Huskies was jam packed the other night, so there’s some encouraging signs.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What’s come out of the recruiting staff meetings is the importance of being able to shoot and score at the D1 level. Chief is anxious to get out on the circuit next month and do the in person eye ball test.
When the June visit start Chief hopes the university is a little more relax on the masks - kids that go on SEC visits don’t have to deal with it once they get there. Huskies was jam packed the other night, so there’s some encouraging signs.
Thanks as always Chief. Keep us posted.

Reaction Score
Any Dam reports in the pipeline?

Reaction Score
Any Dam reports in the pipeline?
Expect some reporting in June. Looking forward to seeing some targets in person. It’s been a recruiting year like no other. We need to be back to normal on the scheduled visits.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Serious question: what's your drink of choice when you frequent Huskies these days...I was more of a Ted's guy back in the day, so no clue what I'd go with there...

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Rural Connecticut and rural Mississippi are two totally different experiences.

I spent the weekend in Preston, CT and saw the biggest spider I've ever seen in my life; this guy was the size of my palm and I don't have small hands. I think I'll stick to the suburbs.

Reaction Score
I spent the weekend in Preston, CT and saw the biggest spider I've ever seen in my life; this guy was the size of my palm and I don't have small hands. I think I'll stick to the suburbs.
lol Stay away from Australia.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I’m not a CT guy so it’s funny seeing people rip apart rural areas with nothing going on.

I’ve lived around those areas, went to college in one and I’ve driven in and around Storrs, and there’s zero basis for UConn fans to be snooty about their school location.

It’s no different than St. Bona in lil ol’ Olean, NY.

Reaction Score
Serious question: what's your drink of choice when you frequent Huskies these days...I was more of a Ted's guy back in the day, so no clue what I'd go with there...
At Huskies I just usually go with beer and water. Over-all my two favorite mixed drinks are Espresso Martini’s and Whisky Sour with Jamison.

CL82

Reaction Score
I’m not a CT guy so it’s funny seeing people rip apart rural areas with nothing going on.

I’ve lived around those areas, went to college in one and I’ve driven in and around Storrs, and there’s zero basis for UConn fans to be snooty about their school location.

Meh. Less than 90 minutes to Boston. Less than 2.5 hours to NYC. A half hour Hartford and an hour to Providence. That's not really rural. It's more suburban. Olean to NYC is what 5, 5.5 hours?

That said I think that part of the charm of Storrs is that it is owns world and out in the country. Other than going to shows or games I stayed on campus and there was always plenty to do.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Meh. Less than 90 minutes to Boston. Less than 2.5 hours to NYC. A half hour Hartford and an hour to Providence. That's not really rural. It's more suburban. Olean to NYC is what 5, 5.5 hours?

That said I think that part of the charm of Storrs is that it is owns world and out in the country. Other than going to shows or games I stayed on campus and there was always plenty to do.

That’s kinda my point. 90 minutes to the nearest city in farm land is not “around” anything. Buffalo isn’t Boston but it’s less than 90 minutes to Buffalo or Pittsburgh from Olean. And calling Storrs “not really rural” would get laughs from anyone in America. It is what it is, nothing to be ashamed of.

Just making the point that a college farm town with nothing else but the typical college town stuff is fairly common. UConn is not, in any way, a campus that’s considered around anything.

So UConn people making fun of a college town in the south with no big cities around and “nothing to do there” sounds ridiculous and snooty.

CL82

Reaction Score
That’s kinda my point. 90 minutes to the nearest city in farm land is not “around” anything. Buffalo isn’t Boston but it’s less than 90 minutes to Buffalo or Pittsburgh from Olean. And calling Storrs “not really rural” would get laughs from anyone in America. It is what it is, nothing to be ashamed of.

Just making the point that a college farm town with nothing else but the typical college town stuff is fairly common. UConn is not, in any way, a campus that’s considered around anything.

So UConn people making fun of a college town in the south with no big cities around and “nothing to do there” sounds ridiculous and snooty.
If you lived in rural areas, there aren't homes every 100 yards or nearer. If you've lived in rural areas driving an hour or two isn't a big deal or thought twice about. Anyone who has live in a rural area would chuckle at giving the Storrs that characterization. Storrs isn't rural, it's suburban. So the vast majority CT and NJ. Just an observation.

Reaction Score
The Boneyard wouldn't have patience for Rocket Watts:

33.6 fg%, 25.3 3p% and poor defense...I'd be happy to have taken a flier on him, but my expectations for him wouldn't be high.

He's not taking away minutes from Molinar (16.7p) and he's competing for minutes w/ NC State transfer Shakeel Moore (6.8p, 34.4 3p%). Their top '21 recruit, Camryn Carter, is a 6'3 guard.

Molinar/Moore/Watts are all 6'3 and shorter so the three of them will likely never play together at the same time.
An undersized shooting guard that can’t shoot.

Reaction Score
You haven't lived until you run face first into a Banana Spider Web as the sun is setting and your trying to hurry up and get the grass cut.

Reaction Score

Anyone ever visit Clemson SC ?
No metropolis there, seems to have worked out rather well for them.
Anyway Greenville SC is the nearest city of any size and that is about 30 - 40 minutes away from Clemson.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
If you lived in rural areas, there aren't homes every 100 yards or nearer. If you've lived in rural areas driving an hour or two isn't a big deal or thought twice about. Anyone who has live in a rural area would chuckle at giving the Storrs that characterization. Storrs isn't rural, it's suburban. So the vast majority CT and NJ. Just an observation.

K. I dno how any of those points really speak to my overall point or make your point. But we’ll just agree to absolutely disagree. It’s not the most rural area in the country, but it is a farm town with not much else around it.

Storrs is a great college town, but it’s not anything that would cause people to look down on other surrounding areas, there’s not much disputing that. Even people that love UConn generally say the same.

CL82

Reaction Score
K. I dno how any of those points really speak to my overall point or make your point. But we’ll just agree to absolutely disagree. It’s not the most rural area in the country, but it is a farm town with not much else around it.

Storrs is a great college town, but it’s not anything that would cause people to look down on other surrounding areas, there’s not much disputing that. Even people that love UConn generally say the same.
How is a "farm town?" Is agriculture the main business in the region? It's not even close to being that.

Agree though that it is a good college town. I think that Storrs Center helped in that regard.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
probably a wood spider, they get large but are not an issue for humans

Reaction Score
Starkville is tiny and remote, but Storrs makes it look like Starkvegas (unironically).

Storrs is fine. It’s a really unique and fun environment to go to college in (at least it was for me). But, it’s not for everyone and maybe it wasn’t for Watts. Who knows?

but, per usual, lots of ignorance about the country outside of the northeast bubble on here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak