Robert Burton was right!!! | The Boneyard

Robert Burton was right!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Jeff Hathaway should of listened to his top donor and if he did he would still have his job. If Robert Burton had his way we would of hired former Florida offensive coordinator Steve Addazio, who is now Temple head coach and look what Temple did to Edsalls Maryland team this year 38-7...you gotta love it.
I think Burton was right...Pasqualoni is a bad choice.

Reaction Score
Uh, Addazio Temple job before UCONN came open. I think Adazio would have been a great fit, just horrible timing.
Your right, but that is what pissed off Burton, he was left-out of the hiring descision, if he was in on the hiring he could have told Jeff to hire Adazio before Temple.

Reaction Score
Your right, but that is what pissed off Burton, he was left-out of the hiring descision, if he was in on the hiring he could have told Jeff to hire Adazio before Temple.

How could he tell Hathaaway to hire Addazio before Temple since no one knew Edsall was leaving at that time? The UCONN job wasn't open when Addazio chose Temple.

Reaction Score
Adazio accepted and started in his Temple job before Edsall resigned.

Reaction Score
About the only thing accurate in the original post is the score of the Temple/Maryland game.

Addazio wasn't an option when the UConn job came up. And Herbst was going to get rid of Hathaway no matter who he hired.

Reaction Score
About the only thing accurate in the original post is the score of the Temple/Maryland game.

Addazio wasn't an option when the UConn job came up. And Herbst was going to get rid of Hathaway no matter who he hired.

I'm just reporting what I read, heres the link http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6057094

Burton sent another letter to Connecticut prior to the letter in The Day's report, the source told Schad. The second letter was sent right after Connecticut returned from the Fiesta Bowl and stated that former Florida offensive coordinator Steve Addazio, who had been named Temple coach, should be the choice as UConn's next coach. But Connecticut didn't seriously consider Addazio because he had just been hired by Temple.

But in todays world what is a contract..means noning, if Uconn wanted Addazio they could of hired him.

Reaction Score
I'm just reporting what I read, heres the link http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6057094

Burton sent another letter to Connecticut prior to the letter in The Day's report, the source told Schad. The second letter was sent right after Connecticut returned from the Fiesta Bowl and stated that former Florida offensive coordinator Steve Addazio, who had been named Temple coach, should be the choice as UConn's next coach. But Connecticut didn't seriously consider Addazio because he had just been hired by Temple.

But in todays world what is a contract..means noning, if Uconn wanted Addazio they could of hired him.

You assume Addazio was willing to break that contract and leave for UConn. Got a source you can link as justification for that assumption?

Reaction Score
You assume Addazio was willing to break that contract and leave for UConn. Got a source you can link as justification for that assumption?

Yea a Billonaire called Burton...name your price$$$

Reaction Score
nothing more credible than bleacher report. burton probably wrote that.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The only thing worse than letting a booster call the shots is when he wants to hire bad coaches like Steve Addazio.

Yeah, I know what they did to MD and how well they're playing. Keep watching for a couple of years. Right off a cliff with that guy. Had no clue at Florida. None.

Reaction Score
You always say that zls, and younare entitled to your opinion, but I think you are wrong.

Addazio is a good football coach.

Reaction Score
You always say that zls, and younare entitled to your opinion, but I think you are wrong.

Addazio is a good football coach.

I think ZLS is right. And one close loss to a bad PSU team and one good game against an obviously struggling MD team isn't going to change my opinion.

Reaction Score
Addazio can recruit. As for coaching, I think he's still a little bit behind the staff we've got in place right now. I wouldn't mind having a guy like that learning under these guys we've got right now though.

So - putting things together, i go with our guys over Addazio anyway, recruiting is pretty much even, they all know the territory and have had success, and the coaching edge goes to P based on experience alone.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

So, you really want a coach that can be bought by the highest bidder, one for whom the word "integrity" means absolutely nothing? You want a booster running UConn's football program?

I think some people are becoming a little unhinged.

Reaction Score
Pasqueloni wasn't my choice as UConn's HC. But, he's here and he deserves a fair chance to turn things around. With a walk on starting @QB, and the backups are 2 frosh, coupled with a frosh RB I can see why the offense is stalling.
Quite bluntly, Pasqueloni will be here through the 13' season. Let's see what he can do...........

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
So, you really want a coach that can be bought by the highest bidder, one for whom the word "integrity" means absolutely nothing? You want a booster running UConn's football program?

I think some people are becoming a little unhinged.
I think fans and hinges are water and oil.

Reaction Score
Pasqueloni wasn't my choice as UConn's HC. But, he's here and he deserves a fair chance to turn things around. With a walk on starting @QB, and the backups are 2 frosh, coupled with a frosh RB I can see why the offense is stalling.
Quite bluntly, Pasqueloni will be here through the 13' season. Let's see what he can do...........

Is the walk on also responsible for an ineffective O-line? Mismanaged game time, sideline confusion, dumb penalties, wasted TOs, or poorly executing special teams, or failures to make adjustments and getting out schooled. Yeah, the walk-on is causing real mayhem.

Reaction Score
Is the walk on also responsible for an ineffective O-line? Mismanaged game time, sideline confusion, dumb penalties, wasted TOs, or poorly executing special teams, or failures to make adjustments and getting out schooled. Yeah, the walk-on is causing real mayhem.
I never said the walk on was causing mayhem. There is tremendous inexperience at the QB & RB positions. Regarding the O-LINE the opposition is stacking the box forcing the pass and eliminating the running game. It's not all the O Line's fault.
The other problems you list are indeed a concern. My point is everything is new. Let's see how this shakes out as this team
learns about the new system. And how they improve with experience. As I previously said, he wasn't my 1st (or 10th) choice. But, were stuck with him until the end of '13, min. Nobody's gonna' fire him now. So let's give him a chance.

Reaction Score

Relax Mr. Burton. I know he wasn't your first choice, but give him a fair shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom