Robert Burton was right!!! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Robert Burton was right!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Surely all the negativity directed at Coach P does not help the program, nor will it lead to an immediate coaching change. It will impact recruiting, so those with the loudest voices should think twice before things get out of hand. As someone who followed the discussions during the hiring process, I do not recall any clear signal from the Boneyard experts on who they should hire. It seemed most had some baggage of some sort, or were not realistic candidates. I liked the hiring of Coach P, and feel strongly everyone should give the guy a chance, and keep your criticism among friends, not open to the public.

We happen to sit near the parents section at the Rent, and can say that through the years the fans around us and within earshot of the families have been pretty good. Of course there are exceptions, but most times not too embarrassing. Last game was one of those, and the alcohol fueled guys in the area were brutal on the team and Coach P in particular. Blaming the coach for all the problems on the field is not fair, nor would it be right to excuse him and the staff from having fingerprints on them. However, to yell out "Nice job Coach P" after the personal foul on the goal line seemed a bit much, and that was just one of the many gripes coming from the stands. Everyone has the right to be critical and emotionally involved in the game and discussions after the game, but I wish they would just use their heads before making such outbursts. These players are not professionals, and most will not become professionals, and all of them are in the midst of learning to play at the this level with a new coach and a new system. Look at Johnny Mac, as one example, last year he was throwing the ball into trash cans, this year the QB for a high level college football program. Prior to the start of the season, when was the last time he played in a meaningful football program, and in front of how many people? Until he fumbled the ball on the WVa 12 yard line, I thought the guy was doing a pretty decent job. And for those who want to jump on Paul P for the fumble, wasn't he all over the news last week proclaiming the guys should not be trying to do too much, like getting that extra yard in a situation where it would not be worth coughing up the ball?

Let's get out there on Saturday and support these guys and their coaches! And given it's homecoming and with a good crowd on hand, I hope many fans will try to avoid the large lines at the gate around game time, and get in their seats early to support the kids, as well as be there when our great UCMB takes the field for their pre game performance.

Go Huskies!!

Reaction Score
Surely all the negativity directed at Coach P does not help the program, nor will it lead to an immediate coaching change. It will impact recruiting, so those with the loudest voices should think twice before things get out of hand. As someone who followed the discussions during the hiring process, I do not recall any clear signal from the Boneyard experts on who they should hire. It seemed most had some baggage of some sort, or were not realistic candidates. I liked the hiring of Coach P, and feel strongly everyone should give the guy a chance, and keep your criticism among friends, not open to the public.

We happen to sit near the parents section at the Rent, and can say that through the years the fans around us and within earshot of the families have been pretty good. Of course there are exceptions, but most times not too embarrassing. Last game was one of those, and the alcohol fueled guys in the area were brutal on the team and Coach P in particular. Blaming the coach for all the problems on the field is not fair, nor would it be right to excuse him and the staff from having fingerprints on them. However, to yell out "Nice job Coach P" after the personal foul on the goal line seemed a bit much, and that was just one of the many gripes coming from the stands. Everyone has the right to be critical and emotionally involved in the game and discussions after the game, but I wish they would just use their heads before making such outbursts. These players are not professionals, and most will not become professionals, and all of them are in the midst of learning to play at the this level with a new coach and a new system. Look at Johnny Mac, as one example, last year he was throwing the ball into trash cans, this year the QB for a high level college football program. Prior to the start of the season, when was the last time he played in a meaningful football program, and in front of how many people? Until he fumbled the ball on the WVa 12 yard line, I thought the guy was doing a pretty decent job. And for those who want to jump on Paul P for the fumble, wasn't he all over the news last week proclaiming the guys should not be trying to do too much, like getting that extra yard in a situation where it would not be worth coughing up the ball?

Let's get out there on Saturday and support these guys and their coaches! And given it's homecoming and with a good crowd on hand, I hope many fans will try to avoid the large lines at the gate around game time, and get in their seats early to support the kids, as well as be there when our great UCMB takes the field for their pre game performance.

Go Huskies!!
Good post from a rare level head, +1

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
The three most salient points in this thread are:

A) Bleacher Report is not a credible news source. Literally anybody can contribute to that site.
B) Having one big money guy call the shots in terms of hiring is really bad news. Not properly placating your big money guys is a mistake, but having them control the process, especially one in particular, is not the way you run a successful athletic department.
C) PP may well not have been the right hire for UConn. I don't think anyone is prepared to argue that he definitively is at this point. But it's at least as absurd to assert definitively that he's not. There is no chance, none, that he won't be back next season unless he gets caught molesting eight year olds or something. Eight year olds, dude.

Reaction Score
He can recruit but only if he is poaching CT kids to come to FL. He can't out recruit PP for CT kids to UConn and he certainly can't out coach PP.

Reaction Score
I just read this thread for the first time.

We should have an approval process before threads can be started which requires basic reasoning and logic skills.

Good lord..............

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
I just read this thread for the first time.

We should have an approval process before threads can be started which requires basic reasoning and logic skills.

Good lord..............
There would be about 85% less posts on this board. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom