Rob Dauster/Aaron Torres on KO | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Rob Dauster/Aaron Torres on KO

Reaction Score
Conveniently left out the part where at least 1 of the dudes grew up in the state as a fan and then went to UConn huh? Let's be honest, they lost credibility with you by being critical of Ollie.

They did seem to be unaware that Alterique hasn't been playing and they couldn't even name the bigs. Analysis from afar is one thing (I don't live in Connecticut either) but ignorance of the team shows that they aren't clued in.

Reaction Score
You're the Volunteer Fireman that chases every burning cigarette tossed on the ground.

Cigarette tossed into mulch blamed for fire Sunday at Havertown pub

RS_1200x800_20170508_SFIRE09_e_382922140.JPG

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
The Podcast in the OP is pretty damning. I don't know who these guys are but they see what a lot of us see...which is not much of an offense.

Reaction Score
Actually. I don't want anything to do with you. You're not a fan of the State University I fell in love with. You're repeatedly dark and dreary. Luckily ... WE have a Big Campus.

This is classic :rolleyes:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Conveniently left out the part where at least 1 of the dudes grew up in the state as a fan and then went to UConn huh? Let's be honest, they lost credibility with you by being critical of Ollie.
Those were the interesting parts to me, the guy's bio not so much.

Take it easy there chief your Ollie hate is making you cranky.

Reaction Score
They did seem to be unaware that Alterique hasn't been playing and they couldn't even name the bigs. Analysis from afar is one thing (I don't live in Connecticut either) but ignorance of the team shows that they aren't clued in.

And which of the bigs should they have spent time on? They're doing a 50 minute podcast to hit on some national stories, you really think they should use that time to be talking about Diarra or Polley? Seriously, take a step back dude. What non-UConn fan is going to want to hear about how their new batch of bigs look?

Also they specifically mentioned Gilbert's injury issues and not being able to stay on the floor.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Their is much jealousy and envy from opponents of UConn. There is no hesitancy to kick us when we are down. Heck, they are glad to kick us when we are up.

Is there any truth to these criticisms? Sure, some. We have some problems on offense. But that is not why we are struggling. Our defense is why we are not playing at a higher level.

I agree with you 100% Pal. Luckily that is something that (hopefully) can be fixed. And almost ALWAYS progresses over the course of the season (as long as there is a sniff of something to play for at least) . We will never be a great shooting team this year, but we definitely can easily be better defensively. (we will miss Gilbert more there than on O. He has some Boat in him just waiting to come out defensively). Defense is about effort, attitude, awareness, personal responsibility and trust in teammates. As roles become more defined and players gain more experience with each other defense gets better by default. The rest comes from effort and personal responsibility.

I have had a much bigger problem with our D than our O this year.

Reaction Score
Those were the interesting parts to me, the guy's bio not so much.

Take it easy there chief your Ollie hate is making you cranky.

No, leaving that part out just helped you push your narrative.

Keep up the good work, maybe one of these days Ollie will let ya wash his car as a reward.

Reaction Score
And which of the bigs should they have spent time on? They're doing a 50 minute podcast to hit on some national stories, you really think they should use that time to be talking about Diarra or Polley? Seriously, take a step back dude. What non-UConn fan is going to want to hear about how their new batch of bigs look?

Also they specifically mentioned Gilbert's injury issues and not being able to stay on the floor.

They were talking about the Arkansas, Columbia and Monmouth games and said repeatedly, not once, that with studs like Adams, Larrier and Gilbert on the court, there was no excuse for those games. They mentioend Alterique's historical injuries, but I doubt they were even aware he didn't play, and if they were, then why were they harping on his availability for those games?

Every single poster on this board, pro-and con-Ollie, is infinitely more aware that Cobb and Carlton are on this team.

Last edited:

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Yes, it can be fixed. Try agreeing with Pal less than 90% of the time... :eek:

I agree with him less than 1% of the time but 100% on this specific issue. Hows that?

CL82

Reaction Score
No, leaving that part out just helped you push your narrative.

Keep up the good work, maybe one of these days Ollie will let ya wash his car as a reward.
Lol you seem a little defensive. Which one of those guys is you?

It was pretty much ten minutes of nothing. I saw pretty much, because the opposing coach comment was something. Other than that what did you learn? Just curious.

Reaction Score
You must not have been listening well. They were talking about the Arkansas, Columbia and Monmouth games and said repeatedly, not once, that with studs like Adams, Larrier and Gilbert on the court, there was no excuse for those games. They mentioend Alterique's historical injuries, but I doubt they were even aware he didn't play, and if they were, then why were they harping on his availability for those games?

Every single poster on this board, pro-and con-Ollie, is infinitely more aware that Cobb and Carlton are on this team.

*sigh*, you must not have been listening well. Gilbert was mentioned with regard to the Arkansas game, which fell under what they deemed unacceptable.

No idea what you're referring to with the last part or what it has to do with what I said. Doubtful anyone producing CBB content on a national scale is going to be talking about any of the UConn bigs by name as of yet.

Reaction Score
Lol you seem a little defensive. Which one of those guys is you?

It was pretty much ten minutes of nothing. I saw pretty much, because the opposing coach comment was something. Other than that what did you learn? Just curious.

Better question is how far is your head up Ollie's ass.

The line about UConn being an easy scout was already posted. I listened to the full segment both for context, and to see what current perception is from a couple guys trying to analyze CBB on a national scale. Pretty rare these days to hear anyone other than the local beat guys talking about UConn.

Reaction Score
*sigh*, you must not have been listening well. Gilbert was mentioned with regard to the Arkansas game, which fell under what they deemed unacceptable.

No idea what you're referring to with the last part or what it has to do with what I said. Doubtful anyone producing CBB content on a national scale is going to be talking about any of the UConn bigs by name as of yet.

They will know who the bigs are.

It's pointless to even talk about the Gilbert side of this since we totally disagree on what they said. I can safely say that I listened very very well. They clearly said UConn should not be going into OT against those teams when they have 3 top 25s on the floor.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Our offense was consistently good for about 6 games in 2014.

Other than that it’s been dominated by guards over dribbling, poor high ball screens, weak cuts, and bad shot selection.

Reaction Score
They will know who the bigs are.

It's pointless to even talk about the Gilbert side of this since we totally disagree on what they said. I can safely say that I listened very very well. They clearly said UConn should not be going into OT against those teams when they have 3 top 25s on the floor.

Has nothing to do with whether the bigs develop in the future or not. Just the expectation that anyone trying to cover the national scene and knowing the current UConn bigs is a bit ridiculous at this point.

Though I will say it doesn't sound like you listened very well since you seem to not have recognized them harping about the "45 point loss to Arkansas who just lost by 30 over the weekend" as part of the "this team should be better with this talent" thing, while also specifically pointing out Gilbert's injury issues. And honestly they didn't need to mention that Gilbert didn't play in the Columbia/Monmouth games because the point being made there is still true regardless.

Reaction Score
Surprised Aaron had time to do this between fawning over Calapai on twitter and promoting his book on Calapari.

CL82

Reaction Score
Better question is how far is your head up Ollie's ass.

The line about UConn being an easy scout was already posted. I listened to the full segment both for context, and to see what current perception is from a couple guys trying to analyze CBB on a national scale. Pretty rare these days to hear anyone other than the local beat guys talking about UConn.
So let me guess. Not a lot going well in your life right about now?

Still have not seen you post any else of interest from the podcast. Pretty telling, no?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom