Rob Dauster/Aaron Torres on KO | The Boneyard

Rob Dauster/Aaron Torres on KO

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Starts at 8:30 or so to 18:00.

"Not a pretty product"
"Under Achieving"

The "simplest scout" comment came from an opposing coach.

Lost credibility when he said JC wasn't a great offensive coach and when he said he couldn't name even one of the UConn bigs.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

"Not a pretty product"
"Under Achieving"

Lost credibility when he said JC wasn't a great offensive coach and when he said he couldn't name even one of the UConn bigs.
It’s in now to rip on UConn when you’re a nobody to try and elevate your profile. See Goodman

Reaction Score
JC's half-court offense was ripped on for years on early BY iterations and nationally. When we lost to UNC in 98, Vince Carter and Ed Cota said we were simple to guard because you only had to guard two people (Rip and KEA). I'd say JC wasn't a great offensive coach; he wasn't bad, but not great.

Reaction Score
It's Diaco all over again

Fdyou

This is just ignorant & lacking appallingly in understanding what Diaco was about. Ollie has parallels to Diaco (early years as HC). But let's revisit this Feb 1.

pj

Reaction Score

"Not a pretty product"
"Under Achieving"

Also when he said UConn won because of shotblockers. We had a lot of shotblocking bigs for a 10 year period at JC's peak, but the signatures were a stifling defense and rebounding.

Reaction Score

"Not a pretty product"
"Under Achieving"

Conveniently left out the part where at least 1 of the dudes grew up in the state as a fan and then went to UConn huh? Let's be honest, they lost credibility with you by being critical of Ollie.

Reaction Score
Fdyou

This is just ignorant & lacking appallingly in understanding what Diaco was about. Ollie has parallels to Diaco (early years as HC). But let's revisit this Feb 1.

Lol ok sure we can revisit on February 1st. Want to make an Avatar wager?

Reaction Score
Let him have his "hope". That is all they have left. After all, our bad start isn't as bad as last year's horrid start.

Reaction Score

Actually. I don't want anything to do with you. You're not a fan of the State University I fell in love with. You're repeatedly dark and dreary. Luckily ... WE have a Big Campus.

Reaction Score
I didn't listen but as long as I can remember, UConn has never ran anything complex on offense. Most of the best teams don't. The thing is, whatever you run, you have to run it well with good spacing and strong cuts and screens. UConn needs some work there. There are so many good plays out of a simple high pick and roll that can't be stopped if you have the right players and right shooters to space the floor.

Reaction Score
After listening to the entire segment I can't really point to anything and say that they were definitely long. The shot blockers thing was taken out of context and part of the explanation of how our guards could play up on opposing guards knowing that they have that safety net behind them.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Idk, he said let's revisit it by February 1st so I'm open to setting ground rules regarding to what he expects by February 1st

Why dont you tell me what your expectations are and I will see if I cant fashion an Avatar bet around that.

Reaction Score
Actually. I don't want anything to do with you. You're not a fan of the State University I fell in love with. You're repeatedly dark and dreary. Luckily ... WE have a Big Campus.
Lol I went to UConn and have almost 10,000 posts on a UConn message board so I think it's safe to say I'm a fan

Reaction Score
Why dont you tell me what your expectations are and I will see if I cant fashion an Avatar bet around that.
I will be too reasonable. I want a pollyannas standards

Reaction Score

That stings to read but I think it is true.

Calhoun offenses were not that complicated either. BUT, Calhoun teams could guard. Well, most years any way. They also ran you out of the gym especially in the mid 90s, negating the fact, to a large extent, that offense was not that complicated. Plus he focused on rebounding. So even if his teams may have been easy to scout from the offensive end, they got boards for second chance points, usually easy put backs...Which this current team kind of lacks. They are not tough enough, yet, to get tons of second chance points the way the Huskies did in the 90s and first decade of 2000s. Other skills will cancel out, in large part, a more simple offense. So, yah, no issue with this offense if these current players can guard better (and they are capable) and get on the glass more, out rebound teams.

Reaction Score
Point of Order

The D played by Antwoine Anderson on Seaford was amongst the best we've seen since Boatright left. And Gilbert also has that potential to get up into a kid. There's nothing Calhoun-legacy that wouldn't pit those two on guards.

And D? Lacking a Rim Protector is something we haven't had since ... maybe Voskuhl (who had other skills). But the vacating roster of Enoch, Durham with now Cobb, Diarra (and maybe Carlton) gives us lateral quickness inside.

In Larrier + Adams ... we have ok defenders.

With 2 guys back that averaged over 10 minutes ... Offense is a mess. She couldn't have done better. (Direct reference to WBB)

Reaction Score
Their is much jealousy and envy from opponents of UConn. There is no hesitancy to kick us when we are down. Heck, they are glad to kick us when we are up.

Is there any truth to these criticisms? Sure, some. We have some problems on offense. But that is not why we are struggling. Our defense is why we are not playing at a higher level.

Reaction Score
Man, some of you have your heads buried DEEP in the sand. Bad news? Shoot the messenger!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom